WVU Obsession | Syracusefan.com

WVU Obsession

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
Can someone help me out here? I am unable to grasp what compels WVU fans to flood the message boards of other schools to post rumor, speculation and claims of inside information about the Big 12's expansion plans. I get that any sane WVU fan would be thanking their lucky stars that they escaped the Big East. What is this obsession, however, with stirring the pot about expansion (and the destruction of the BE & ACC)?? Will WVU fans still be scheming for ways to entice FSU, Notre Dame, Arkansas and Kentucky into "their" super league once they've enjoyed a half-dozen years of football mediocrity serving as Texas' newest bitch in the Big 12?

Little Big Man Syndrome...

Now WVU thinks they're on par with Texas, Oklahoma and FSU. Little man's gonna get stomped.

Can someone help me out here? I am unable to grasp what compels WVU fans to flood the message boards of other schools to post rumor, speculation and claims of inside information about the Big 12's expansion plans. I get that any sane WVU fan would be thanking their lucky stars that they escaped the Big East. What is this obsession, however, with stirring the pot about expansion (and the destruction of the BE & ACC)?? Will WVU fans still be scheming for ways to entice FSU, Notre Dame, Arkansas and Kentucky into "their" super league once they've enjoyed a half-dozen years of football mediocrity serving as Texas' newest bitch in the Big 12?

----------------------------

The Big 12 is currently the most regionally compact conference there is.

Despite the honor of being in a conference with ISU, UK, KSU, Baylor, TCU, Tech, OSU, OK and UT,
even from their mountaintop, WVU students, fans, alumni can't really see their new partners.

They are lonely.

Internet + Moonshine + not enough couches to burn = gossip.

When everything about you as a person is tied to your state and the university is an extension of said state .. you tend to take things like the ACC saying your school is not good enough a little personally.