WVU Tailgate | Syracusefan.com

WVU Tailgate

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I won't be there...however, it is probably time to get the WVU Tailgate organized.

Friday game 8pm kickoff

Weather looks iffy right now. Temp around 50 with some possible showers. Probably need to plan for 2-3 canopies. Decide to deploy them or not on gameday.

Anyway...Fine Mess please chime in what time you are arriving and what you are bringing (Food and Equipment)

I won't be there...however, it is probably time to get the WVU Tailgate organized.

Friday game 8pm kickoff

Weather looks iffy right now. Temp around 50 with some possible showers. Probably need to plan for 2-3 canopies. Decide to deploy them or not on gameday.

Anyway...Fine Mess please chime in what time you are arriving and what you are bringing (Food and Equipment)

Cuseregular will be there with 16 of his friends, so between this and everyone else it's gonna be a big gathering its sounding like. It's the chili cookoff weekend of our neighbors by big Rick so the wife will be making some of that as well as her legendary pasta dish, these will be served after 530. I'll be cooking up brats and cooney dogs too before that. Lots of beer and water too so we'll all be good to go.

Two canopies, one for heat (suggest someone else do the same and get a portable heater since my 16 all trying to squeeze in it will likely leave little room for others). Gonna be our first tailgate that will get dark pregame so I'll bring up a latern or two and suggest others do the same.

Big game gents, gonna be fun.

Cuseregular will be there with 10 of his friends. It's the chili cookoff weekend of our neighbors by big Rick so the wife will be making some of that as well as her legendary pasta dish. I'll be cooking up brats and cooney dogs too. Lots of beer and water. Two canopies, one for heat (suggest someone else do the same and get a portable heater since my 10 in it will likely leave little room for others).
Gonna be our first tailgate that will get dark pregame so I'll bring up a latern or two and suggest others do the same.

Big game gents, gonna be fun.

Funny that you are doing Chili as I was considering the same. Might have to have a mini-Fine Mess Chli cookoff :)

Are we going to have to deal with Parking attendants not letting us set up and cook and drink before 5:00 like Wake Forest? I never asked you guys if you dealt with this nonsense in the fine lot that game. We had a helluva time with the attendants in our North Manley lot that game. Our regular attendants didn't show up til 5:00 and we wanted to set up at 3:00. They were really strict about not setting up til 5:00. Ridiculous.

We had our regular guys (and we feed them weekly)...apparently they were told the same thing...however, they relented a bit. The parking lot was less than 50% full. We set up around 4pm IIRC.

The best thing you can do is to keep your parking guys happy with food and soda. They always let non-permit guys to drive into our tailgate area to drop off stuff. It helps.

We had our regular guys (and we feed them weekly)...apparently they were told the same thing...however, they relented a bit. The parking lot was less than 50% full. We set up around 4pm IIRC.

The best thing you can do is to keep your parking guys happy with food and soda. They always let non-permit guys to drive into our tailgate area to drop off stuff. It helps.

Yup. We stuff our lot attendants every week. Been doing it for 8 years. I think thats why they keep requesting our lot. But, the guys that were there from 3:00-5:00 for Wake Forest were complete d**kheads. Guy said to me, "I couldn't care less about some stupid football game" At that point, I knew I was dealing with a jagoff.

We'll be there around 4ish. Bringing a tarp, table, maybe some chairs, a light, beer, water. Not sure what else.

Friday game 8pm kickoff

I am bringing 4 friends. 2 say they are bringing beer, 2 are bringing $10. Also bringing a cooler with room to store some stuff for others, water, some soda, and something else. Probably Gianelli sausage and fresh rolls. I will bring a table too. CuseRegular, if you need something specific, please let me know. I don't have any lanterns.

Weather Good News/Bad News

Temps are trending warmer...upped from 50 to 55-58 but rain chance increased. Looking at the map it looks like lake effect showers.

will be there 6ish...bringing some cinnamon rolls for the chili and some beer

Will be there as soon as possible after work. I will bring Beer, water, couple chairs, and a canopy (no Sides). I do not have a lantern either but my headlights work if nothing else. Cuseregular let me know if you need anything else!