WVU to SEC tomorrow. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WVU to SEC tomorrow.

Then who is the other team? The SEC will want to go to 14, not 13. If it's a Big 12 team, (Missouri?), then they will look to the Big East. They should proably take TCU, martkets or no.

Like I said many times: just hold a convention and make all the deals at once so everybody knwos where they will be for the foreseeable future.

Then who is the other team? The SEC will want to go to 14, not 13. If it's a Big 12 team, (Missouri?), then they will look to the Big East. They should proably take TCU, martkets or no.

Like I said many times: just hold a convention and make all the deals at once so everybody knwos where they will be for the foreseeable future.

Maybe if all the options are no good, they'll stay at 13 for awhile. Would you go to 14 immediately just so you could have an even number, if it meant you were going to make less money?

Big 10 stayed at an uneven # for years. Waited until they could get the right splash team, and they did.

Uh, TAMU is already putting them at 13, WVU makes it 14.

According to a shitload of twitter updates

That would mean that Missouri decided to stay in the Big 12.

Maybe if all the options are no good, they'll stay at 13 for awhile. Would you go to 14 immediately just so you could have an even number, if it meant you were going to make less money?

Big 10 stayed at an uneven # for years. Waited until they could get the right splash team, and they did.

Agree. The MAC has figured out how to do 13 teams, I am sure the SEC will be able to. Unless they can get FSU or OU, I don't see a need to grab a team now. OU might want to end up in the B1G or P12, but if either of those really wanted OU they would have taken them by now. The SEC might be their landing spot by default. I can see the SEC taking OU, Okie St, and one of Mizzou, WV, and Clemson to get to 16. No need to take one of those three without OU or FSU though.

That would mean that Missouri decided to stay in the Big 12.

That's kind of why I'm skeptical. Missouri's curator meeting is tomorrow where the agenda is mostly regarding realignment. I don't think Missouri has decided anything and won't do so until tomorrow or later. I really don't believe the SEC would take West Virginia until it hears from Missouri.

Agree. The MAC has figured out how to do 13 teams, I am sure the SEC will be able to. Unless they can get FSU or OU, I don't see a need to grab a team now. OU might want to end up in the B1G or P12, but if either of those really wanted OU they would have taken them by now. The SEC might be their landing spot by default. I can see the SEC taking OU, Okie St, and one of Mizzou, WV, and Clemson to get to 16. No need to take one of those three without OU or FSU though.

Since the B1G can be more selective about these things, I wonder if they just don't want the Okie State tag along to OU.

I don't think any of these conferences want to be at 16. ACC went 14 for a specific reason per that article from Scooch (get 2 more to renegiate, new lesson when the rounds of TV negotiations begin, don't be first). SEC went 13 because aTm approached them, couldn't turn it down. Pac 12 could have had 16 this time around and said no. B1G has done nothing, and probably doesn't want to until they know ND is on the table. No one wants to blink first.

Big East is left dreaming of WVU getting to the BCS at 11-1. Terrified of Pitt getting there (or SU but SU ain't getting there). Terrified if any other BE school gets there and therefore becomes this year's UConn (no fans attending, no chance in the game).

I expect WVU to turn down any offer to join by the SEC. I mean Luck made it sound treasonous for SU and Pitt to leave the BE. I can't imagine he would have been working to get WVU in the SEC and damage the BE in doing so.

Pac 12 could have had 16 this time around and said no.

The P12 could have taken OU and Okie St now. You can argue that the P12 is now the 5th best conference historically. Taking OU puts the P12 clearly #3. So even if Texas never comes it is a good addition. Also you have leverage vs Texas. At that point what would Texas do? The B12 would stink and would likely not be an option. So they would have to go Indy or follow their rival to the P12. I don't see a negative in taking OU and Okie St, but the P12 had no interest.

I expect WVU to turn down any offer to join by the SEC. I mean Luck made it sound treasonous for SU and Pitt to leave the BE. I can't imagine he would have been working to get WVU in the SEC and damage the BE in doing so.

I'm still looking for the upside for the SEC of adding WVU. Anything? Their fans travel well? In SEC terms, they downgrade to traveling ok. They have a postgame tradition? Something tells me putting toilet paper on a tree ranks a little higher than starting fires. Big population of TV watchers in WVU? Probably if you compare it to the more remote parts of Wyoming. Academics? Yes, if you don't care about academics.

I'm sure Luck has been begging anyone who will listen, but I can't imagine they're listening for long. We'll get back to you.

I'm still looking for the upside for the SEC of adding WVU. Anything? Their fans travel well? In SEC terms, they downgrade to traveling ok. They have a postgame tradition? Something tells me putting toilet paper on a tree ranks a little higher than starting fires. Big population of TV watchers in WVU? Probably if you compare it to the more remote parts of Wyoming. Academics? Yes, if you don't care about academics.

I'm sure Luck has been begging anyone who will listen, but I can't imagine they're listening for long. We'll get back to you.

I'm sure they like the fact that anyone can get into wv and go to school. WV can recruit any kid out of hs and they can be accepted and that fits right in with the sec theme and much like SU being able in theory to be able to recruit better in the ACC, wv will be able to recruit better in the sec. Did pacman ever get suspended for any games while at wv? I don't believe he ever did so yes, they fit right in with the sec.

What I have read is that there is some interest by SEC schools whether having WVU in the SEC can get them more involved in PA and even in parts of Md from both a recruiting and TV standpoint. I don't think it has anything to do with the state of WV at all.

What I have read is that there is some interest by SEC schools whether having WVU in the SEC can get them more involved in PA and even in parts of Md from both a recruiting and TV standpoint. I don't think it has anything to do with the state of WV at all.

I'm sure there's someone in the SEC thinking this way, but I just don't buy it. Not when they all get together and do the math. Too table scrappish for them.

WVU has already been denied by the SEC.
I doubt that was the case. Methinks they were put in hold... as in "we'll keep your application on file". If Mizzou doesn't make the jump then WVU will get consideration.

The ACC may well have told the other 8+ inquirers that they were not looking to expand further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom