WVU: Travel is a Problem in the Big 12... | Syracusefan.com

WVU: Travel is a Problem in the Big 12...

arbitragegls

All Conference
So WVU is having travel problems in the B1g 12 and is asking for help from the conference. Problems are not necessarily monetary, but fact is being on an eastern island is not a good thing. I wonder if the Big 12 had promised a travel partner prior to WVU accepting its invite. No wonder WVU hates the ACC...the ACC would have made travel easier and would have placed WVU significantly closer to its competitors:

http://www.exponent-telegram.com/sports/article_b06ac074-7e3e-11e2-aa76-001a4bcf887a.html

So WVU is having travel problems in the B1g 12 and is asking for help from the conference. Problems are not necessarily monetary, but fact is being on an eastern island is not a good thing. I wonder if the Big 12 had promised a travel partner prior to WVU accepting its invite. No wonder WVU hates the ACC...the ACC would have made travel easier and would have placed WVU significantly closer to its competitors:

http://www.exponent-telegram.com/sports/article_b06ac074-7e3e-11e2-aa76-001a4bcf887a.html
I feel so much sympathy for poor West Virginny & Oliver Luck!

Maybe the Big 12 should do what everybody else does. Raid the Big East. USF, UCF and Cinci are all available, I would think.

Trust me, stories like this will continue to change conference affiliations in years to come. What goes around comes around.

Understand these things weren't built to go cross country 'cept for maybe a one way trip to Beverly Hills

hillbilly1.jpeg

It's because they didn't pack extra wagon wheels and tried to ford the river.

They clicked to be the carpenter before leaving on the trip instead of the doctor. Everyone knows it is more of a challenge to get to Oregon as the carpenter. Oh wait, we are talking about The Oregon Trail, right?

http://www.exponent-telegram.com/sports/article_b06ac074-7e3e-11e2-aa76-001a4bcf887a.html[/quote]

A third grader looking at a map for the first time could have predicted this situation. I hope Maryland will learn to enjoy the same problems given the bonehead decision Maryland has made. Sometimes logistical nightmares make all the money in the world seem less worth it.

I thinks it's because they can't read.

That is just hilarious, Ollie didn't see this coming? People in less high profile jobs get fired for overlooking such things.

We will be travelling to Miami and Florida state those are pretty long trips as well

We will be travelling to Miami and Florida state those are pretty long trips as well

And Boston and Pittsburg and Charlottesville and one trip to College Park, MD...

Where is the men's hoops game tomorrow?

Actually, those are even longer. Fortunately, the ACC (other than FSU) is all in the same time zone.

Since SU has been traveling to Florida for a long time (both Miami & Tampa) they will hopefully be aware of what ever concerns there may be.

Umm, USF, Wisconsin, long trips too... 3 hour flight to Florida? Takes me 3.5 hours to reach the Dominican Republic from NYC, Then thing is that the nearest airport for WVU is in Pittsburg 1.5 hours away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're saying that the women's volleyball team's 900 mile trip to Iowa could be an issue?

Except it's Iowa State and they don't even have Dominos.

LOL that is to funny, I havent played that game since the early 90's, woudl love to see that game again.
I loved how when u went hunting u could only carry 100 lbs of food back to the wagon yet some thief could come in the night and steal all of your supplies. Makes sense

Every time I see something like "WVU at Iowa State" I thank the conference gods that we ended up in the ACC.

Except it's Iowa State and they don't even have Dominos.
Nope, it's Iowa. Maryland is joining the B1G.

(I was responding to Btstimpy's comment about Maryland's "bonehead decision")