WVU turned down by SEC and ACC! | Syracusefan.com

WVU turned down by SEC and ACC!

rstone7727

All Conference
This is what is being announced on the M. Francesca show.

I really feel bad for them, I thought they'd find a home in the SEC. I hope the leftover football schools are able to get something together with the Big 12 remnants.

if true it s..ks.

Heard the report on XM Radio during and interview with the WVU head coach. Talk about perfect timing. The coach had just said "The president I'm sure is hitting the phone pretty hard calling his contacts." The host said, "Well, I think he going to need to hit them a little harder then. This just in..." The report came out during the interview and was read to the WVU coach. Basically said the ACC said no due to academics and the SEC said no due to the lack of TV market. The coach didn't seem too happy. Played it off as 'you can't believe everything you read right now. But the host said the story came from a rock solid CBS source.

This is what is being announced on the M. Francesca show.

Sorry to hear that.They are a longtime rival and they deserve better. I'd rather they find a home than UConn or Rutgers

Too bad for a good program in West Virginia. But, if true, this bring up a much more serious question. If the SEC does not want West Virginia who do they want? They have 13 schools at the moment, so they need to add at least one more, and probably three more schools. Are they looking at Louisville? More than likely they are looking at picking off a school or two from the ACC. If that happens it honestly will neither surprise me nor bother me. I dont think Syracuse's ACC experience will be made better by Clemson, Georgia Tech, or Florida St.

suprised the ACC isn't interested. They are a decent basketball school. They play physical ball and they would add another southern football power to the Big East. Good for recruiting.

Other than Vanderbilt and maybe Florida the other SEC schools aren't exactly academic powerhouses. That really sucks for WVU. I'm sure Mississippi really brings in the TV bacon while dividing loyalties between two schools.

suprised the ACC isn't interested. They are a decent basketball school. They play physical ball and they would add another southern football power to the Big East. Good for recruiting.
WVU is not close to the academic standards of the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom