XFL v2.0 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

XFL v2.0

Probably because the players are literally killing each other.

eh, sorta. Boxers and MMA fighters are killing each other, but they're still allowed to punch each other in the head.

not sure why this was moved to "other sports" - as it refers to Luck, who was pretty much a one-man wrecking crew of SU basketball

CNYers don’t go to a real P5 football team playing, why on God’s Green Earth would they go to a fake minor league football team???

Possibly if the team were a contender?

Probably because the players are literally killing each other.

This board cant go long without hyperbole, can it?

I agree with Brooky that it would be nice to see football the way it was played not that long ago, when the defense could hit.

I am not a fan of monopolies, and am glad there is another football league, even if it wont be like the USFL(RIP).

This board cant go long without hyperbole, can it?

I agree with Brooky that it would be nice to see football the way it was played not that long ago, when the defense could hit.

I am not a fan of monopolies, and am glad there is another football league, even if it wont be like the USFL(RIP).
CTE is not hyperbole.

Good thing WWE stock is going crazy with the new tv deals.
His wrestlers are going to be pissed.
The football players are going to get health care and they who have made him billions are independent contractors and don’t get health care.

While this league won’t be a challenger to the NFL it will have funding for 2 years by Vince waiting the additional year to start it and these networks are tremendous exposure for the league.
It could be a decent spring league but they can’t rely on attendance as they won’t get any.

These TV contracts are laughable. Vince is getting literally no TV money. None. All he is getting is the fact that the production costs for the telecasts will be paid by the carriers. Meaning, all other costs, including stadium rental, player and personnel salaries, administrative costs, insurance, EVERYTHING, will be paid by Vince.

Estimated costs to Vince before there's even the possibility that some network will eventually pay for the programming? $350 million.

Not to mention that Vince is no spring chicken, plus he's no spring chicken who was a steroid user, and who is to say he'll even be functional in three years? If he still is today.

Look at it this way: It's a nice redistribution of wealth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom