Y'all should read this... | Syracusefan.com

Y'all should read this...

1st OFF, BOOOOOOOOOOOO.The word ya'll does not exist.My skin is crawling now.

"Partners"...I guess you are partners when the ACC's existing deal won't allow them to go to the open market. Sure gives ESPN some ammo.

1st OFF, BOOOOOOOOOOOO.The word ya'll does not exist.My skin is crawling now.
nothing wrong with y'all - it's certainly easier than saying 'you guys' or 'you all'

Expecting greater than $12.9M per team. Gross is going to be like Demi Moore rolling around in the bed of cash from Indecent Proposal.

For the record, I would have been ok with $11M per team in the original contract being split 14 ways. But I'm in no position to argue about a renegotiation.

“When asked if he anticipates the ACC’s per-school revenue of $12.9 million a year to increase from the current deal, Swofford said, “The simple answer is yes. We expect to do better than our schools staying even.”

Officials representing ACC schools wouldn’t say exactly how much more money they expect, but industry executives suggest that the ACC’s new contract could increase in value by as much as $2 million per school per year, which would make the overall conference deal worth nearly $210 million a year.”

$15 Million a year? TGD just tinkled in his pants…..

I think y'all, and you had better get used to hearing that now that you are in the ACC, is better than youse or y'ins.

So basically, it looks like we are going to get at least $15 million a year once we start getting full shares in the ACC TV contract. Might be more depending upon if the ACC gets a "value" school to join in 15,16 or if the ACC is willing to extend the contract out in terms of number of years.

I'm fine with that.

Cheers,
Neil

This article shows EXACTLY why UCONN aint coming to the ACC any time soon. The media contract allows for a renegotiation if/when the ACC grows or shrinks by 2 schools.

There's NO WAY the conference leaders are gonna give up that next renegotiation chip for the sake of adding UCONN.

Now, if the Huskies came along with (dare to dream ) ND or State Penn, then UCONN to the ACC would be expedited.

Otherwise, the ACC is gonna wait 'til AFTER they renegotiate this time around.

Agree with the above posts. Good news if we get the dough. Makes it easier knowing we will increase teh ACC payout when we were 99.99% sure we would see far more than teh ACC is currently getting. :)

This article shows EXACTLY why UCONN aint coming to the ACC any time soon. The media contract allows for a renegotiation if/when the ACC grows or shrinks by 2 schools.

There's NO WAY the conference leaders are gonna give up that next renegotiation chip for the sake of adding UCONN.

Now, if the Huskies came along with (dare to dream ) ND or State Penn, then UCONN to the ACC would be expedited.

Gotta agree with this. The ACC won’t add teams unless they are "needle movers" like ND or PSU. Only with the addition of one of these schools will the ACC consider adding UConn. Maybe UConn gets in sooner if the SEC poaches an ACC school or two, but a bigger contract really would make these schools more comfortable.

Gawd…..could you imagine the TV contract they could get if they added Penn State and ND together? Sheesh…….dare to dream.

I read a similar post on the Pitt board, but the title of it read "Yinz should read this" ;)

I am thrilled to see so many people getting it.

There's hope for this place yet. ;););)

Maybe finally we can attempt to keep up with the Joneses.

I am thrilled to see so many people getting it.

There's hope for this place yet. ;););)

Scooch;

I'm not so sure they are really getting what happened. It's all clear now !!!

Here's the chronology.

1. Swofford sees that the ACC contract deal is delivering less than it should on a per school basis given changes in the market. If he can get into a renegotiation, he's going to cash in on new price levels.

2. Swofford looks for a way to re-negotiate. Sees in the TV contract that he can IF he adds two more schools. Bingo. He adds SU and Pitt and every ACC school gets more on the renegotiation.

3. There's no need to add a 13th or 14th school to get to the renegotiation and the new real market price.

4. He will add a 13th or 14th if these new schools deliver a lot more value (e.g ND)

It's all so clear. The expansion was driven by 1) A change in the market pricing and 2) The terms of the contract

And it explains why there won't be a 15th or 16th school unless one of the schools is ND or PSU or some huge addition.

I think y'all, and you had better get used to hearing that now that you are in the ACC, is better than youse or y'ins.
some others: "sure don't" and "rat c'here"

Scooch;

I'm not so sure they are really getting what happened. It's all clear now !!!

Here's the chronology.

1. Swofford sees that the ACC contract deal is delivering less than it should on a per school basis given changes in the market. If he can get into a renegotiation, he's going to cash in on new price levels.

2. Swofford looks for a way to re-negotiate. Sees in the TV contract that he can IF he adds two more schools. Bingo. He adds SU and Pitt and every ACC school gets more on the renegotiation.

3. There's no need to add a 13th or 14th school to get to the renegotiation and the new real market price.

4. He will add a 13th or 14th if these new schools deliver a lot more value (e.g ND)

It's all so clear. The expansion was driven by 1) A change in the market pricing and 2) The terms of the contract

And it explains why there won't be a 15th or 16th school unless one of the schools is ND or PSU or some huge addition.
points 3 and 4 should each reference 15th and 16th schools

points 3 and 4 should each reference 15th and 16th schools

Yes ... The 15th and 16th schools.

And unless one of these is ND, htere aren't going to be a 15th or 16th school. Adding SU and Pitt allowed the ACC to reopen the contract negotiations and to go after PAC 10/12 price levels.

This is what the UConn governor was talking about. The UConn president can fly around the Southeast forever. A 15th school ain't happeneing unless its ND. Then they'll need a 16th to get to the "2 Additional Schools" trigger.

No, no, no. You are misreading it. Although you are right about UConn and Rutgers and West Virginia or anyone but Notre Dame not being invited to the party.

The ACC had to add "at least 2 teams", not exactly two teams. So a third team, was overkill. They didn't need to do it. It's just another mouth to feed.

So they picked the two teams they liked best so they could trigger the renegotiation clause in the contract.

The ACC basically used Syracuse and Pitt to get another $2M/school for the life of the contract.
Had the ACC media contract been on par with the PAC-12 & Big XII, Syracuse would still be doing the Providence Polka.

UConn is flucked...

Exactly, 44.

What's curious is that given this --- which I believe is true --- why aren't the Big East teams furiously reformulating the Conference? Is it that they don't know what to do?

The ACC basically used Syracuse and Pitt to get another $2M/school for the life of the contract.
Had the ACC media contract be on par with the PAC-12 & Big XII, Syracuse would still be doing the Providence Polka.

Of course, Jurrie. It's so simple, it's painful.

And the big, big winners here are SU and Pittsburgh who are going to get a cash bonanza.

Whether the Big East "left-behinds" are winners or losers depends on if they can pull a Conference and if they can negotiate a deal that is good as the PAC 12 or the new, improved ACC.