Yankees away uniforms ? | Syracusefan.com

Yankees away uniforms ?

CaliCuse

All American
Everyone loves the pinstripes on the white background but why must the away unis be one shade of grey and very little else to identify the team? Put pinstripes on the grey. Why not? Must they be drab? If so its time to change whatever regulation that MIGHT control this.

Next thing you know Cali will be demanding that the Yanks wear Sunday alternate jerseys with names on the back.

Next thing you know Cali will be demanding that the Yanks wear Sunday alternate jerseys with names on the back.
White-Any-Color-PinstripePiece-Suits-Dress-Fashion-For-Men.jpg

Everyone loves the pinstripes on the white background but why must the away unis be one shade of grey and very little else to identify the team? Put pinstripes on the grey. Why not? Must they be drab? If so its time to change whatever regulation that MIGHT control this.
Yeah, they've never accomplished anything memorable or of note in those uniforms.

Some years ago, SI wanted to divide baseball into new leagues. One league would wear a different uniform every day with multiple combinations of hats, shoes, pants, and jerseys

Then, there was The Orthodox League. They would only wear white jerseys with their logo at home and solid gray ones with just their city name on them on the road. Black shoes only. I wonder who the model for that might have been?????? Los Tigres de Detroit have been camping it up a bit lately, but for the longest while they were solid members of The Orthodox League, too.

I do wish teams in the color TV era would wear more color on color jerseys. Like when a Toronto will wear their blue and Boston will wear their red. Baseball home white/road grays are pretty universal. Nowadays pretty much every team except the NY Yankees, Detroit Tigers, and LA Dodgers have 3rd colored jerseys.
With that said I do respect the tradition of the Yankee jersey. It hasn't changed in 50 plus years. Its the same jersey Joe DiMaggio wore that Derek Jeter wore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom