Yeah, but wait until next year... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Yeah, but wait until next year...

I think Oshae has been performing like a 5* in terms of what most have putting up since entering college. Obviously, Young, Bagley, Sexton, Ayton, are at the top. He’s exceeded expectations and then some. He has freaking saved us many games. I sure admit that his athleticism, driving ability, rebounding prowess, has surprised me and I thought he would be good. He pops out as the one true NBA prospect to me over even Battle. He often looks like man amongst boys out there. Yeah his shooting needs a ton of work but he can get buckets in other ways for now. He just needs to finish stronger albeit he is always dealing with a very congested/packed paint always it seems. He’s a gem.

Last edited:
If Sid heals, Bris sticks around we are going to be loaded.
Center: Chewy ,Sid
Forwards: Briz, Moyer, Euro, Baz,
Guards: Frank, Carey, Washington, Hughes, Buddy.

Keys are Sids health, Briz returning. If those two things happen there wont be a single team that we cant beat if we play well. I say we are a lock for a sweet 16.

If Sid heals, Bris sticks around we are going to be loaded.
Center: Chewy ,Sid
Forwards: Briz, Moyer, Euro, Baz,
Guards: Frank, Carey, Washington, Hughes, Buddy.

Keys are Sids health, Briz returning. If those two things happen there wont be a single team that we cant beat if we play well. I say we are a lock for a sweet 16.

lol... There are no locks in a single elimination tournament

Maybe some of the flaws, and i can't use the search function very well, but I think if you were of the opinion that when we were 25-0 we didn't have a legit chance to win the title you held the minority opinion. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Interesting on the PER, I am somewhat surprised.

His shooting percentages are very poor. There's no sugar coating that. The FT% is a good point and one I agree with, you'd think a guy who shoots 79% from the line would do better tha 26% from 3. Additionally, the guy has a super low turnvoer rate, especially considering he drives so much and draws so many fouls. Turnovers is usually a stat that goes under the radar unless the dude has a ton of them. A missed shot, especially for this team, which crushes it on the offensive glass, is much better than a turnover. Still not as good as a made shot though, obviously.
I am by no means a shot doctor but Brissett seems to have lost any belief that his J will actually go in the hoop. Against wake especially he was kind of just tossing it up there without any conviction and it looks like he is no longer following through on his J and it looks like he is no longer going straight up and down on it. Loss of form can come from a number of factors but the two that stick out in my mind are fatigue (mental and physical), total lack of confidence and not ready for the mental pressure... Brissett knows how bad we are on offense so he knows every possession is precious and I'm sure he thinks the best way to maximize the potential for every possession is if he drives to the hoop. I think a jumper for him is the last resort and he spends way too much time thinking about it before he shoots it which everyone knows is death for a jumpshooter.

There is an eternity left this season with all sorts of possible outcomes, but as I was tossing and turning last night I did start thinking about next year. A bunch can happen before we get there (including a postseason run, hopefully!), but if things fall into place as we expect (everyone returns minus Battle), we still have a very deep and talented team next season with a bunch of upside. Hard to believe that one of Washington/Boeheim would not redshirt. Every position is at least 2 deep. If there is a comparison it would be 2011-2012, which featured 10 legitimate players (including limited minutes for MCW).

I am by no means a shot doctor but Brissett seems to have lost any belief that his J will actually go in the hoop. Against wake especially he was kind of just tossing it up there without any conviction and it looks like he is no longer following through on his J and it looks like he is no longer going straight up and down on it. Loss of form can come from a number of factors but the two that stick out in my mind are fatigue (mental and physical), total lack of confidence and not ready for the mental pressure... Brissett knows how bad we are on offense so he knows every possession is precious and I'm sure he thinks the best way to maximize the potential for every possession is if he drives to the hoop. I think a jumper for him is the last resort and he spends way too much time thinking about it before he shoots it which everyone knows is death for a jumpshooter.
Agree. He is shooting trying not to miss rather than shooting to make. Conidence through more reps and more experience will correct that, but I hope it won't be too long.
And please learn to hit that foul line jumper first. He should shoot over 50% from there as well as he hits FT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom