You know you are from syracusefan.com, if ... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

You know you are from syracusefan.com, if ...

How so? I've been tinkering with fonts, etc., but I am using an iPad, so I am not entirely sure how things look on a windows machine.

Better? Worse? Suggestions?
yeah things got bolder for me to.

I actually like the bolder fonts, primarily because it helps the actual message stand out a bit from any quoted messages.

I actually like the bolder fonts, primarily because it helps the actual message stand out a bit from any quoted messages.

I am going to find a windows machine and compare views. I chained the size of the font, and made it bold. It may be overkill.

Yeah, the size might be a bit large, but I do like it being bold. Again, it helps the actual message stand out nicely.

You can go to the Internet archive wayback machine and search for syracusefan.con

http://wayback.archive.org/web/

Wow, I looked at a capture of 2002. I remember that Over a Barrel in Ithaca guy...and David Wood.

And the original Mission Man and Joe College. Funny how many handles on that are still here too.

DNABB5,

That's a nice "set-up" you have there. I've been working on a similar set-up myself...

How's the final product?

I am pretty fond of it. I need a bigger mash-ton though. Can't fit enough grain to get over about 1.070. Also, I am considering investing in a conical SS 15G fermenter.

Best hobby in the world, IMHO.

you've moved with us before ...

Welcome to the sixth and final home for Syracusefan.com. We'll be tinkering with the look and feel over the next week or two. Suggestions are welcome.

This is my 3rd move (AOL->Rivals->Scout->here). God, I feel old.

I'm in the process collecting the parts necessary to make a valved reflux still right now. I've had family that have used the basic pot still set up for years...generations. They tended to use more of a fruit based mash...grapes, plums, pears and such...instead of grain. Plum brandy.

The valved reflux takes longer to cook, but should yield a cleaner product. I was even thinking of aging it in some mini charred oak barrels for a few years.

Careful about admission of distilling equipment use on a public forum...The Gubment might come get you

Looking back at the old forums I came across 2 ironic posts from Dec 4, 2001: "Memphis legally "cheats"" (and underneath it discussion of "Cunning Cal") and "Next year's team will be better than this year's team if DeShaun Williams leaves", boy was that an understatement.

Stupid me. I thought the "shhhhhhh....." at the top of the screen would keep them away.

And the original Mission Man and Joe College. Funny how many handles on that are still here too.

It's good to be back to just plain Joe College.Or JoeCollege. I was that back in the sewercuse.com days, the original syracusefan days, and Rivals. Scout wouldn't let me have it, so I was TheRealJoeCollege, which I hated. I should have changed my handle to something awesome like sutomcat, or IgorBoeheimsGoats or whatever. It's good to be back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom