You want to know why thread view can't work... | Syracusefan.com

You want to know why thread view can't work...

MikeSU02

Living Legend
This whole first page would be taken up by expansion threads for the foreseeable future.

We really need to consolidate the expansion talk to one or two topics or give it its own board. This is going to be an ongoing cluttering of the board. Even after a&m jumps, there will be a whole slew of changes.

Heck, tack a post for it for all I care, but everyone basically re-posting breaking "news" is annoying (at least to me).

And let me pull the pin before anyone else... I know that there are posts already complaining about the multiple posts about the expansion, thus making me a hypocrite... my reply? See! It's annoying!
See what I did there???

And let me pull the pin before anyone else... I know that there are posts already complaining about the multiple posts about the expansion, thus making me a hypocrite... my reply? See! It's annoying!
See what I did there???[/quote]

Genius !!

adamnrg_i-see-what-you-did-there-house.jpg

I don't have any problems with the multiple expansion threads.

There, I said it.

They all seem to be getting a lot of posts, so clearly people are interested. If you don't want to discuss them, ignore those threads and move on. Pretty simple really.

i need thread view so i can jump to right post in a thread on expansion/realignment.

They all seem to be getting a lot of posts, so clearly people are interested. If you don't want to discuss them, ignore those threads and move on. Pretty simple really.

That is a fair point, however, it makes my user experience on my iPhone miserable. It's not a make or break, but it is poor user experience for a lot of people.

That is a fair point, however, it makes my user experience on my iPhone miserable. It's not a make or break, but it is poor user experience for a lot of people.

If there is thread view however, it is only an option. Doesn't mean anyone has to use it just those that want to. So it wouldn't impact your iphone viewing at all.

If there is thread view however, it is only an option. Doesn't mean anyone has to use it just those that want to. So it wouldn't impact your iphone viewing at all.

Please, no. Just keep topic view. People will get used to it, and may even learn how to actually best utilize it over time.

Topic view sucks because you can't immediately tell if a thread is a pissing match between 2 idiots. You just see that the topic has lots of posts. "Hey, let's go look at that thread, lots of replies! page1, page2, page13... oh wait they're just arguing over whether pasqualoni ran the option, never mind."

long threads taking up space on the page is a feature not a bug. those transparent threads are much easier to gloss over and skip.

That is a fair point, however, it makes my user experience on my iPhone miserable.
Huh?
Get Tapatalk and you'll be fine.

Huh?
Get Tapatalk and you'll be fine.

Exactly. I'm starting to feel like my status under my avatar should be "Tapatalk Fanboy" but I freaking love it. Such a good feature on the new board

Bees - is that option coming???

Topic view sucks because you can't immediately tell if a thread is a pissing match between 2 idiots. You just see that the topic has lots of posts. "Hey, let's go look at that thread, lots of replies! page1, page2, page13... oh wait they're just arguing over whether pasqualoni ran the option, never mind."

long threads taking up space on the page is a feature not a bug. those transparent threads are much easier to gloss over and skip.

This is the main benefit of thread view in my opinion as well.

Exactly. I'm starting to feel like my status under my avatar should be "Tapatalk Fanboy" but I freaking love it. Such a good feature on the new board

It's unreal how good it is. I almost like it more than the actual website on the computer, lol.

It's unreal how good it is. I almost like it more than the actual website on the computer, lol.

Yeah - let me recant something - the app is awesome and will make viewing fine. I am all for thread view as an option if people want it, so be it. Just saying that these redundant posts are reason #1 why it isn't the default way to view things.

Agreed. This was more of a blurt out of a post. It just seems glaringly clear why the default is topic view now.