You'll love this article | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You'll love this article

Mea culpa. Boeheim behaved properly. He can do no wrong.

Did I say that? Grow up and own what you said. Sick of people saying ish on this board that's factually not true.

You said "If that were an NBA coach or player, he'd be cutting a nice check to the league and sitting out some games."

Back if you with some proof of this or continue with the strawman . Brad Stevens got kicked out of the game yesterday. No fine, no suspension.

Know what you are talking about or don't post it.

Did I say that? Grow up and own what you said. Sick of people saying ish on this board that's factually not true.

You said "If that were an NBA coach or player, he'd be cutting a nice check to the league and sitting out some games."

Back if you with some proof of this or continue with the strawman . Brad Stevens got kicked out of the game yesterday. No fine, no suspension.

Know what you are talking about or don't post it.

Grow up? I'm sure I'm older than you are and been through a helluva life (would you like a resume of my accomplishments and hardships?). It's possible to make a point and disagree without getting personal.

Grow up? I'm sure I'm older than you are and been through a helluva life (would you like a resume of my accomplishments and hardships?). It's possible to make a point and disagree without getting personal.

Ok...then either address the point that you made was factually not true or maybe you were overreaching because you are ignorant about the NBA. In which case, you can just say you weren't aware...I don't know...I just know you can make your point without hyperbole. What you said wasn't true.

I apologize if you felt like I took a personal shot.

Ok...then either address the point that you made was factually not true or maybe you were overreaching because you are ignorant about the NBA. In which case, you can just say you weren't aware...I don't know...I just know you can make your point without hyperbole. What you said wasn't true.

I apologize if you felt like I took a personal shot.

Sacramento coach Mike Malone got fined 25 g's last month for far, far less than what Boeheim did. Not sure why Pop wasn't fined for his outburst, maybe the league figures he has some in the bank for the $250,000 fine he got for eating players last season. And you're comparing Brad Stevens' "performance" to Boeheim's?

Sacramento coach Mike Malone got fined 25 g's last month for far, far less than what Boeheim did. Not sure why Pop wasn't fined for his outburst, maybe the league figures he has some in the bank for the $250,000 fine he got for eating players last season. And you're comparing Brad Stevens' "performance" to Boeheim's?

Yep, I am...and yeah, I'm "not sure" either how Pop got away with it.
You mentioned suspensions. Still haven't seen a coach get suspended for "some games" in the NBA for being ejected unless they physically touched the ref.

We'll just agree to disagree.

If a player had done that, he'd be sitting at least one game, if not more. I love the brand Boeheim has created, a perennial force, but it's OK to love the program, root for the team, and acknowledge that a 69-year-old Hall of Famer needs to have more self control than that. If that were an NBA coach or player, he'd be cutting a nice check to the league and sitting out some games.
Give it up already. I've read this from you on several threads. There are two ways to look at what he did. One is to lose control. I don't think Jim Boeheim ever loses control. The other is that he used this to let his players know he had their back on these bogus calls, and to fire them up. Having watched this coach for 42 years going back to my freshman year and when he was an assistant coach I think he knew what he was doing. As a long time fan of the program I stand behind him. Also I stand behind CJ. JB tells it like it is and I doubt he would ever tell his players that it was not ok to express their opinion the way CJ did. I am sure there is no drama left over on our team from this. They have moved on. Pictures of practice in Maryland today were all smiles.

If this article was written about Jamie Dixon after a Dixon blowup, we all would be agreeing.

Just saying...

I wouldn't. I would have zero problems with Jamie Dixon doing the exact same thing if it had been Pitt playing Duke last night.

Mea culpa. Boeheim behaved properly. He can do no wrong.

Agreed, I don't see why everyone doesn't understand that..

IT WAS PART OF A MASTER PLAN!! A bigger picture that is why he did it. We Yankees ain't going to take that down here! Never mind that it was a very very close call or he just blew a gasket

Just listened to Hopkins on TK99 coming into work. Definately calculated by Boeheim. He said he asked coach about it. He said " Mike, I'm always in control". What happened Saturday was bigger than one play. He's not bowing down and taking BS calls from officials against Duke.

Just listened to Hopkins on TK99 coming into work. Definately calculated by Boeheim. He said he asked coach about it. He said " Mike, I'm always in control". What happened Saturday was bigger than one play. He's not bowing down and taking BS calls from officials against Duke.

Hmmmm...torn between believing that and thinking it is post-explosion PR.

Agreed, I don't see why everyone doesn't understand that..

IT WAS PART OF A MASTER PLAN!! A bigger picture that is why he did it. We Yankees ain't going to take that down here! Never mind that it was a very very close call or he just blew a gasket
part of the reason fireball is catching a lot of is because he said he hopes it doesn't end like bobby knight and woody hayes.

yelling at a ref and physically attacking players are comparing apples and diarrhea

I don't see how anyone actually believes we were going to win after the charge call anyway. That play takes the life out of you. We still needed to either get a steal or a foul, hope they make 1 of 2, and hit a desperation three all within 10 seconds. I get that we have had miracle finishes this year, but we literally had about a 2% chance to win.

Teams have been getting screwed in Cameron for years. Duke never has any shotblockers, so their way of protecting the rim has always been get in the way of players driving to the hoop. If anyone was going to stand up to that it was JB. His outburst will change the way the charge call is officiated the rest of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom