Your Canadian rotation... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Your Canadian rotation...

There's only three guards, there will be plenty of minutes to go around. Might even see some CJ at the two if we get into foul trouble.

Ennis
Cooney
G
Buss

Isn't that 4?

Roberson starting? Where? At the 3 (with CJ there?). At the 4 (with Rak, Grant there?). At the 2? (not happening).

Sure he's got game, but he's a frosh who's late getting qualified and hasn't even practiced (yes, there's time). In a couple months, when he does get in a game, do you see him playing inside in the ACC over Rak and Grant?. Bees, I'm on your wavelength about this kid. But for my money he's a backup 3 all day. Next year he takes over the spot.

IMO, Roberson is the most talented player on the team. He needs to get cleared and get some experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Only real downside was he didn't shoot well." Why would you expect a shooting guard to be able to shoot? He shot 30% from the floor and 20% from 3. Since he is a shooting guard I guess its no big deal?

Good thing JB didn't bury Matt Roe:
SeasonClPosGGSMinFGFGA%FTFTA%3Pt3PA%AsstRebFlsDQTOSTBSPtsPPGAPGRPG
1986-87 Fr G 13 0 68 12 35 34.3% 3 3 100.0% 2 10 20.0% 5 11 7 0 1 2 0 29 2.2 0.4 0.9
1987-88 So G 35 31 850 109 258 42.2% 30 38 78.9% 74 182 40.7% 69 86 67 1 35 17 2 322 9.2 2.0 2.5
1988-89 Jr G 38 38 979 147 299 49.2% 41 63 65.1% 83 175 47.4% 62 87 82 4 52 35 1 418 11.0 1.6 2.3

Smaller sample size to be sure, but %s are %s.

To the Board: What pi$$e$ me off is that this blathering post about Duke got 14 likes (so far) from you guys! Don't worry, I'm making a note of all your names and will not forget. :mad:

To SpiedieGon: Welcome aboard! Its always nice (though rare) when we get true insight from an opposing team's supporters. I look forward to a continued diatribe thoughout the upcoming season. :)

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the well reception to all. I was thinking I should probably just call it quits with my 3 to 1 like to post ratio, but what the heck.

I'll probably pop in now and then, like I said, I really do like Syracuse(I did grow up in Orange Country after all, and actually live in CNY), I haven't missed a game in a long while and I wish the Orange nothing but the best, I hope they steamroll to a 13-1 record in football and a 16-2 record in the ACC regular season. ;)

Anyway, I didn't mean to derail the thread, but thanks again to everyone.

Starting does not mean much. JB typically has token starters that get the quick hook. His record is under 60 seconds. Cooney's PT will depend on his production. Silent G will have the opportunity to get more PT than Cooney even if he does not start.

Yeah, I kind of meant starter in theory. I've actually always liked the phantom starter, it feels kind of like the perfect message board troll.

Either way, I think Cooney and Gbinije compliment each other quite well, having a backup(or counterpart) of G's caliber for a shooter is an exceptional thing. Allows for little to no drop off on a Cooney cold night and vice versa.

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the well reception to all. I was thinking I should probably just call it quits with my 3 to 1 like to post ratio, but what the heck.

I'll probably pop in now and then, like I said, I really do like Syracuse(I did grow up in Orange Country after all, and actually live in CNY), I haven't missed a game in a long while and I wish the Orange nothing but the best, I hope they steamroll to a 13-1 record in football and a 16-2 record in the ACC regular season. ;)

Welcome. From your nic, I'm going to assume you're southern tier (Spiedies?). If so, stop in at the Fine Mess (FB) tailgate -- we could use some of that tasty marinated chicken.

IMO, Roberson is the most talented player on the team. He needs to get cleared and get some experience.

Whattr? Where are you getting this from? More talented than Cj and grant I have a rough time believing that. But if true... f word ing awesome

Ennis
Cooney
Fair
Xmas
Coleman

Grant
Gbinje
Baye

Buss
BJ

Eh.

Jake, interesting development at the 2-spot. Does this mean that:

1- TC has taken a huge step up?
2- Things are pretty equal, but JB's reverted to his habit of starting the more experienced kid?
3- Or does JB want MG to come off the bench and provide more of an offense spark than TC provided last year?

Who u want us to lose to in football? We don't play Duke this year.

Welcome. From your nic, I'm going to assume you're southern tier (Spiedies?). If so, stop in at the Fine Mess (FB) tailgate -- we could use some of that tasty marinated chicken.
I took it to be speedy gonzolas

Whattr? Where are you getting this from? More talented than Cj and grant I have a rough time believing that. But if true... f word ing awesome

Most talented doesn't necessarily mean the best right now. This is CJ's team and he is the best player and will lead the team. But IMO Roberson has more talent. If this was his 4th year at SU there would be no comparison.

Most talented doesn't necessarily the best right now. This is CJ's team and is the best player and lead the team. But IMO Roberson has more talent. F this was his 4th year at SU there would be no comparison.

What has lead you to this belief. Not doubting, just curious.

Who u want us to lose to in football? We don't play Duke this year.

ACC Championship Game ;)

And yeah, I'm from the Southern Tier. It was supposed to be a play on words with Spiedie Gonzales, but I was bested by the character limits.

ACC Championship Game ;)

And yeah, I'm from the Southern Tier. It was supposed to be a play on words with Spiedie Gonzales, but I was bested by the character limits.
If our respective programs are both in the ACC title game. Ill send you an all expenses paid weekend to that game.

Fair points - interesting however that CJ was our leading rebounder last year. I think depending on the opposition's lineup you could absolutely get away with CJ and Roberson in as the forwards. DC2 - if he gets the minutes - should be our best rebounder since Hak / Carmelo. Grant intrigues me the most - if he shows the development we expect, then I concur that he's the de facto 4 in our lineup - he could board, score and defend collectively at a near-CJ level.

I'll add that size, while important, isn't everything for boards - those really tenacious guys (e.g. everyone on Marquette for the past 277 years) always seem to outrebound us by positioning themselves well and going after the ball. I think Roberson's motor and "smarts" may ameliorate some of that and could prove more valuable than pure size.
You better hope Rick Jackson doesn't see this! ;)