Your Canadian rotation... | Syracusefan.com

Your Canadian rotation...

kind of shocked cooney over gbinje. I take that to mean cooney really is stepping up.

Very shocked at Cooney over G. Hope Cooney earned it rather than G losing it.

I'll stick to my guns untill JB shows I'm wrong which seems highly probably acording to Jake.

Ennis
MikeG
CJ
Xmas
DC2

Grant (1st off for either big to screw up on D)
Cooney (1st guard in)
Baye (steedy Eddie)
BJ (backup forward to CJ and Grant since Roberson is MIA)
Buss (gets some minutes at both guard spots)

I'm not surprised by Cooney starting since it was my prediction months ago. I just hope he plays well enough to keep it so we have a 3 PT threat. I still think if not for this NCAA thing, Roberson would also start. If not tomorrow, then by mid-December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not surprised by Cooney starting since it was my prediction months ago. I just hope he plays well enough to keep it so we have a 3 PT threat. I still think if not for this NCAA thing, Roberson would also start. If not tomorrow, then by mid-December.

This sounds surprising but Somehow its not. He really has a very complete game on both ends for a frosh. Hat eto see the other guys getting a jump on him.

roberson start?? what? where?

I was way off:
Ennis
MikeG
CJ
Grant
Rak

Consarnit.

I would like Grant to start but then how do you play 3 centers? I think thats why Xmas starts and Grant carries on the actual second starting forward off the bench role a'la KrisJo, CJ, James

do you think he's better than jerami grant.

More complete offensively IMO. He is also a very good rebounder and agressive defender who whould just need to learn what to do in the zone.

Hey, guys. I just wanted to say, as you can see, I just joined up. Anyway, I'm actually a Duke fan, however, I grew up in the Southern Tier and have always been an Orange fan. And for the record, no, I'm not the stereotypical New York Duke fan, I actually have some familial ties to the University, I care a great deal about the school and I'm not some March-Exclusive Duke fan.

So, I don't claim to be a hardened Duke "insider" or anything, but I did just want to mention that Gbinije's playing time at Duke was not a result of him not having talent, I just don't think the two situations ever meshed 100%, and having the relationship they do, I'm sure K gave Jimmy B solid information of Gbinije's character and attitude.

So, in short, I just wanted to say that, in my opinion, Syracuse got a really good one in Gbinije, and if Cooney really is getting the nod over G, I'd interpret that as an excellent sign in regard to Cooney, not a slight on G. I just wanted to pass that along, I realize that Duke fans often carry somewhat of a leper effect with them, but I just wanted to pass that along, as someone who has always loved 'Cuse and actively roots for them(Although, admittedly, 2X less this year). Like you guys, I'm excited to see the fellas in action tomorrow, and hope for great things. Take all of this for what it's worth, but for my two cents, I wouldn't worry about the 2 spot.

I think he is a more complete player and the most talented player on the roster. Obviously he lacks the experience right now.

I would like Grant to start but then how do you play 3 centers? I think thats why Xmas starts and Grant carries on the actual second starting forward off the bench role a'la KrisJo, CJ, James
How is playing XMas, Grant and Fair playing 3 centers? Maybe I misunderstood you?

Hey, guys. I just wanted to say, as you can see, I just joined up. Anyway, I'm actually a Duke fan, however, I grew up in the Southern Tier and have always been an Orange fan. And for the record, no, I'm not the stereotypical New York Duke fan, I actually have some familial ties to the University, I care a great deal about the school and I'm not some March-Exclusive Duke fan.

So, I don't claim to be a hardened Duke "insider" or anything, but I did just want to mention that Gbinije's playing time at Duke was not a result of him not having talent, I just don't think the two situations ever meshed 100%, and having the relationship they do, I'm sure K gave Jimmy B solid information of Gbinije's character and attitude.

So, in short, I just wanted to say that, in my opinion, Syracuse got a really good one in Gbinije, and if Cooney really is getting the nod over G, I'd interpret that as an excellent sign in regard to Cooney, not a slight on G. I just wanted to pass that along, I realize that Duke fans often carry somewhat of a leper effect with them, but I just wanted to pass that along, as someone who has always loved 'Cuse and actively roots for them(Although, admittedly, 2X less this year). Like you guys, I'm excited to see the fellas in action tomorrow, and hope for great things. Take all of this for what it's worth, but for my two cents, I wouldn't worry about the 2 spot.
Thanks for the info, man. Best of luck this season. All out war.

He's way better than Rak.

And that would enable JB to continue the trend of bringing a potent scorer [Grant] off of the bench.

Duke!!!! you man!

Tongue in cheek.
Thanks for the info. I thought the same thing, no way with K and JB's relationship that JB takes a problem child on as a transfer from Duke. Also we recruited Mike very hard as well, I think it was just a didn't fit with what you guys had already. (1st round NBA guard, and experienced shooter) MikeG may have simply felt he was a better fit in our system.

How is playing XMas, Grant and Fair playing 3 centers? Maybe I misunderstood you?

I just meant if you don't start Rak at the 4 then you have two back-up centers to whoever starts there. If you mean to play DC2, Rak and Baye someone needs to eat afew minutes at the 4 and that would be Rak.

I just meant if you don't start Rak at the 4 then you have two back-up centers to whoever starts there. If you mean to play DC2, Rak and Baye someone needs to eat afew minutes at the 4 and that would be Rak.
Oh ok, I agree

All I can think is JB intends to play Mike G starters minutes off the bench by having him backup both Cooney and Ennis. Whereas Cooney could only backup at 2G. It does not surprise me that much that Grant is not starting as JB went with Rak and DC2 last year to start before DC2 got hurt. Expect Grant to play near starter minutes as well being the primary backup at both forward positions.

Duke!!!! you man!

Tongue in cheek.
Thanks for the info. I thought the same thing, no way with K and JB's relationship that JB takes a problem child on as a transfer from Duke. Also we recruited Mike very hard as well, I think it was just a didn't fit with what you guys had already. (1st round NBA guard, and experienced shooter) MikeG may have simply felt he was a better fit in our system.

It just didn't work, for whatever reason. It was somewhat of a bizarre Duke team and, like you said, I think Gbinije just didn't fit. The talent was always there, though, you saw it in the limited game action he got. I loved his game coming out of high school, I hated losing him, but I was happy to see him land in Syracuse.

He can do a lot and is extremely versatile, as I'm sure you guys know. So, actually, if Cooney appears to be getting the nod for a starting role, that's one of the best signs, IMO. I have to imagine it would be an indication the staff expects the "practice" Cooney to start translating to games.

Welcome.

So 2 minutes into the game, it's Grant in to replace Xmas. Or Xmas moves to center and DC2 moves to the bench. Can't wait to see which way it goes. One thing I know is that forwards have to score in JB's system so Grant and Roberson will be playing a lot because Xmas has shown no ability to score more than 2 feet from the rim. I don't love the token starter thing much though.

McGill loses to Sacred Heart tonight
http://www.mcgillathletics.ca/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
Sacred Heart, not exactly a stellar record last year. They were in the Northeast, home of Robert Morris, who just happened to beat that special someone in the NIT first round.
2012-11-09-john-calipari-3_4.jpg