Your favorite "happy ending" movie thread | Syracusefan.com

Your favorite "happy ending" movie thread

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
In light of Jake's good news (hope it pans out), it seems appropriate to start the official or unofficial (I can't decide) "what's your favorite happy ending movie" thread.

Hmm, what to choose. How about "The Shawshank Redemption." Love that movie. Red gets out of prison to join his friend Andy Dufresne on the beach in Mexico.

Also, Rocky I had a happy ending.

Apollo 13 - the end of that movie is amazing.

In light of Jake's good news (hope it pans out), it seems appropriate to start the official or unofficial (I can't decide) "what's your favorite happy ending movie" thread.

Hmm, what to choose. How about "The Shawshank Redemption." Love that movie. Red gets out of prison to join his friend Andy Dufresne on the beach in Mexico.

This thread seems to be going places I don't want to know exist...

Is se7en going to show up again?

Big Lebowski - she kidnapped herself dude...

As a lifelong Red Sox fan, i'd have to say the best happy ending was in the movie Fever Pitch

Plus I have had a lifelong crush on Drew Barrymore. Like since I was 10 and she was in things like Firestarter and Cat's Eye

speaking of happy endings, whats up with that place "The Ultimate Massage"? I see the signs posted all up in down Interstate 81 from like Northern Pa to NC.

Would it be cheesy to say Hoosiers being that we are on a basketball board. Rudy also

The Warriors.

Walking along the beach at dawn back home at coney island after surviving through the night. With Joe Walsh's "In The City" blasting as the credits roll.

You warriors are good. Real good.

I agree with Shawshank.

Major League. I remember my friends literally cheering as 11 year olds watching that on the vcr.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Major League. I remember my friends literally cheering as 11 year olds watching that on the vcr.

I am a very passionate man. Being that I am not one that thinks a man shedding tears means he's a wuss.

When the old catcher lays down the perfect bunt and hustles his ass down the line and they win, I got a tear. It's beautiful.
Of course I do the same thing when Waterboys' winning TD pass is in the air and the Cajun dude is squeezing his nipple rings.

I'm gonna stick with my Karate Kid assertion from the previous thread.

I'll also nominate:

Side Out: The Karate Kid of Volleyball
American Anthem: The Karate Kid of Gymnastics
The Cutting Edge: The Karate Kid of Figure Skating

I'll also nominate:

Red Dawn - The Karate Kid of Russian/Cuban joint invasions of Colorado

Unless they are fairy tales (e.g., ET), great movies don't normally have happy endings (e.g., Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Schindler's List, Glory, etc). Having said that, I guess I would go with Forrest Gump, To Kill a Mockingbird (sort of happy at the end after a pretty bad middle) and, yes, Hoosiers.

I'll also nominate:

Isn't blades of glory the karate kid of figure skating?

Hands down High Fidelity. Runner up Outside Providence.

Best happy ending movie ? Anyone on SpankWire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom