Your favorite "happy ending" movie thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Your favorite "happy ending" movie thread

To those who haven't seen Shawshank, or any of these movies, you may have just ruined the ending for them..

To those who haven't seen Shawshank, or any of these movies, you may have just ruined the ending for them..
If you havent seen Shawshank, knowing the ending is the least of your worries.

Kudos to Joyce for mentioning Glory. And for all these years I thought I was the only one who loves that movie.

My "Happy Ending" votes go to the following:

Die Hard
Sixteen Candles
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Brown Bunny
Hiding Out
Just One of the Guys
Weird Science

A bizarre list, yes, but in one way or another all fit the criteria. All but one have happy endings, while one contains a happy ending within. Can you guess which one? ;)

Hiding Out...Loved that movie Maxwell Houser

spoiler alert.it's a little known fact but in the original shawshank ending andy dufresne and morgan meet up not on a mexico beach but while river rafting on the Cahulawassee River and...i keed, i keed!

How is Field of Dreams not on this list? Not only is this the only movie that gets me emotional (and succeeds every time I dare watch it), but it also has one of the most satisfying endings in film history.

James Earl Jones gets to go into 'the beyond' and re-establish his writing career.
The dude from 30-something gets to finally 'see' the mysteries of the world (and get lemonade)
The Kinsellas save their house and get rich as people from all over the country drive up and fork over their dough
The little girl gets the hotdog dislodged from her throat
Burt Lancaster gets his 'at bat'
Shoeless Joe gets to play again.
and Kevin Costner gets to have a catch with his Dad.

I am getting all verklempt just writing about it.

I was just looking for FoD. So sappy but just an incredible movie. Frankly its a what a guy chick flick would look like, and I'm ok with that.