Your Official SU-Lehigh Game Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Lehigh Game Thread

Defense looks really good. This center on Lehigh is supposed to be good, so that could be a good indicator for our D, but he's looked terrible so far.

I don't like our offense so far at all. It's literally just shoot and pray. It's what every mid major has ever done against us. There's no interior passing, no dumpin it inside. Just because we have guys who can hit threes doesn't mean that's all we should do.

Hopefully JB reins it in here in the second half.

Defense looks really good. This center on Lehigh is supposed to be good, so that could be a good indicator for our D, but he's looked terrible so far.

I don't like our offense so far at all. It's literally just shoot and pray. It's what every mid major has ever done against us. There's no interior passing, no dumpin it inside. Just because we have guys who can hit threes doesn't mean that's all we should do.

Hopefully JB reins it in here in the second half.
It's also the first game. More work needs to be done

This team needs a lot of work but that's true every year around this time. I'm more positive about this team after seeing them play for the first time. I think MR hitting his first shot was huge. I like the TL played. I'm hopeful we will be pleasantly surprised by how well this team does. Someone has to really step up every game with good outside shooting. I hope FH does well and gets more PT. KJ hitting that 3 was huge. I'm hopeful.

We will have games where we shoot under 20% from three and those games we are in big trouble
Actually I think it might be beneficial, we will be a lot better offensive rebounding team on the perimeter with all those long arms (we will also have long misses), when you are a team that shoots a lot of 3s you will need that. Plus the 30 second clock might benefit Syracuse more than any team in the country on defense. This might be the year Syracuse fan will all be happy with the zone .

It's only one half, but Lydon at the 5 is going to be a bigger thing than people expect I think.

Lydon plays like a shorter hopefully faster Frank Kaminsky. Lydon has HUGE potential. He's already one of my team favorites!

Actually I think it might be beneficial, we will be a lot better offensive rebounding team on the perimeter with all those long arms (we will also have long misses), when you are a team that shoots a lot of 3s you will need that. Plus the 30 second team might benefit Syracuse more than any team in the country on defense. This might be the year Syracuse fan will all be happy with the zone .

The new shot clock is huge for us!!!

It's only one half, but Lydon at the 5 is going to be a bigger thing than people expect I think.
I am surprised by it. I wonder if it is here to stay. I know we do need a designated third center option. Looks like Lydon over Roberson for that honor.

I still believe that Roberson will end up laying a lot of center this year out of necessity. I can't see Lydon working that well against ACC teams.

Offensive rebounding is also piss poor. If you are going to 'volume shoot', youre also going to need to 'volume rebound'. Lets send our huge guard to the boards please.

I really like the replay in the middle of the game. It's much better than knowing what's actually going on in the game at that time.

Said no one ever.

Honestly, who comes up with a terrible idea like that?
ESPN 3?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom