Your Official SU-Pitt Game Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Pitt Game Thread

You are so smart that you are trying to defend my criticism of his play today by something he did last game. Talking about today's game, today, not last game.

Yet you're doing the same thing by encapsulating his season play to date by overly focusing on today's game.

Yet you're doing the same thing by encapsulating his season play to date by overly focusing on today's game.
As I said above, he's had a good season overall. He also disappears. Today he didn't disappear, he never showed up.

Pitt just crushed us on the boards...like old times. Lydon was terrible on both ends today. Battle must have gotten injured to have played so little in 2nd half. Pitt did a great job denying White the ball...which was made much easier by SU playing Roberson and Howard at the same time who don't need to be guarded. That 3 man offense is terrible and Lydon was just a no show today on top of it. Amazing we were even close in last 2 minutes. Outside of the Ennis miracle shot, I can't ever remember winning at Pitt.

He's horrendous.

It's bad enough he said we play M2M, but he says we're good at it, and he brings it up every 5 minutes. Odom, you're a moron, stop.

Well the last time we played any M2M was around when he last coached... so apparently he decided to not watch any Cuse basketball and roll with saying how underrated our M2M was today. I wasn't aware our press was so great either LOL...

He's 74 and I don't know how much he announces but clearly did ZERO game prep.

He was not good at basketball today. I think that's a fair reason to criticize him.
Lydon did not show up today. Missed pass? How about an air ball from 15 feet? To play so poorly as a team and only lose by 5 was a miracle. Roberson lets the ball goes through his legs when we're down 6. Gillon lets the ball bounce off his hands and out of bounds. I can't believe team only had 10 turnovers. Team made an All-American out of Johnson. Pitt has exactly ONE legitimate 3-point shooter and Syracuse can't defend him. Pitt 25 assists, SU 11. Pitt 41 rebounds, 15 offensive. Syracuse 25, 9 offensive. Howard outscores Lydon??? With 3 less turnovers??? Hopefully the whole team show up in 2 days.

NC State, Clemson, and Pitt are all on the same level and we needed a very good offensive performance to squeak by against the first two. We know we are a mediocre at best defensive team, especially on the road, and if we have a mediocre offensive performance we are going to get beat at places like Pitt.

Our 2nd leading scorer is the 4th best player? Clueless.
We're NIT bound without these past few wins.

Who's our go to guys now that we're winning?

White
Gillon
Battle

You gonna tell me Lydon has been more instrumental than them in the wins that saved our season?

Lydon did not show up today. Missed pass? How about an air ball from 15 feet? To play so poorly as a team and only lose by 5 was a miracle. Roberson lets the ball goes through his legs when we're down 6. Gillon lets the ball bounce off his hands and out of bounds. I can't believe team only had 10 turnovers. Team made an All-American out of Johnson. Pitt has exactly ONE legitimate 3-point shooter and Syracuse can't defend him. Pitt 25 assists, SU 11. Pitt 41 rebounds, 15 offensive. Syracuse 25, 9 offensive. Howard outscores Lydon??? With 3 less turnovers??? Hopefully the whole team show up in 2 days.

God - I forget about a couple of those horrendous turnovers. Gillon's was ridiculous. As was his entry passing to Lydon, except when he did make an okay pass, nobody would catch it - so I guess it didn't matter.

No alpha males on this team...or at least the alpha just doesn't show up on the court. A play here a shot there.....but not wall to wall alpha for 40 minutes.

Smart pick. He will score. It's the other guys we need to limit, ie johnson.
Johnson was cold vs. us in the dome - but he can get hot - and Young is a nightmare in the middle. I just hate Pitt so much. Hopefully we score because I'm not sure how well we'll be able to stop them

:(

He's had a good season. He also disappears in big moments. He is not above criticism. I see others always quick to point out when someone else makes a mistake, but we aren't allowed to point out when Lydon wasn't even in the building today?

Lydon has had plenty of games where he was our best player and looked amazing... he's had a few stinkers. I think now that we have 4-5 legit offensive threats each game Cuse and Lydon has tended to go with the hot hands each game since it's a very ISO offense... its usually a combination of 2 or 3 of Lydon, White, Gillon, Battle and sometimes even TT...

This game I think Battle must have been hurt... TT his usual foul trouble, and offense just didn't flow Robey continues to look lost and Howard just isn't good though he settled down the longer he was in there...

Pitt just crushed us on the boards...like old times. Lydon was terrible on both ends today. Battle must have gotten injured to have played so little in 2nd half. Pitt did a great job denying White the ball...which was made much easier by SU playing Roberson and Howard at the same time who don't need to be guarded. That 3 man offense is terrible and Lydon was just a no show today on top of it. Amazing we were even close in last 2 minutes. Outside of the Ennis miracle shot, I can't ever remember winning at Pitt.
You pretty much nailed it with this analysis... but Lydon wasn't the only one who stunk up the place today. There is plenty of criticism to go around for pretty much the entire team today. They looked unprepared and were entirely incapable of adjusting. Playing Roberson is ceding 20% of your offense on pretty much each possession. If he is not contributing by grabbing boards then outside of setting an occasional pic he is a complete liability which allows the opposing defense to focus on everyone else. At least Howard can score but when he is in we are all cringing waiting for the next boneheaded turnover or bad shot selection.

NC State, Clemson, and Pitt are all on the same level and we needed a very good offensive performance to squeak by against the first two. We know we are a mediocre at best defensive team, especially on the road, and if we have a mediocre offensive performance we are going to get beat at places like Pitt.

Exactly right... we could easily still have ZERO wins on the road if not for last minute heroics against two bottom of the ACC teams where our offense was very good. Today was the first time in awhile our offense was bad and we were not hitting shots. We can't win if we don't hit shots with our D on the road.

Not more than Roberson.

It's not just this game Robey has been shattered for quite a few games now... its crazy he's lined up perfectly for a dunk on a perfect pass then hesitates and misses the dunk... I couldn't tell if the defender got a piece but the hesitancy killed him.

Robey might actually have less confidence than Frank at this point.

They won on Tuesday and we were 1 pt favs today, if you thought today would be easy I don't know what to tell ya
I'm partly speaking emotionally right now. I didn't think it would be easy per se. I just think that for a team fighting for the tourney, it looks like a bad loss due to Pitt's record. Maybe that is speaking on emotion too. I take this too seriously sometimes. Actually most of the time lol. :)

We're NIT bound without these past few wins.

Who's our go to guys now that we're winning?

White
Gillon
Battle

You gonna tell me Lydon has been more instrumental than them in the wins that saved our season?

He had 17 and 9 against Clemson. He played well defensively against UVA. He carried us early when literally nobody else was playing well. Those wins don't count? I know he's not a guard. I think that's the issue.

Not more than Roberson.

We don't count on Roberson to be the #1 guy -- Lydon's effort today was disturbing for the go to guy. I like Lydon but he came up very small today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom