Your Official SU-SCSU Game Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-SCSU Game Thread

Don't sweat it. You're right. I can't remember the last season we had a functional offense.
When is the last time we had a low post center and a pt. I bet our offense was pretty good then.

They aren't very good basketball players. Red and Wooden could come back from the grave, and it won't help this team. Can't you see that? How many guys on this team can hit any shot? we have at turnover machine at the pt. We have post players that are no threat. I think that Sid will at some point. But not now. We are in for a rough season. JB's offensive scheme is the least of our worries.

Still falls back on JB. Feel free to assign blame however you like on this one. Offense, defense, recruiting. Not going to be enough this year from what I saw. Unless this team gets drastically better and quickly.

Still falls back on JB. Feel free to assign blame however you like on this one. Offense, defense, recruiting. Not going to be enough this year from what I saw. Unless this team gets drastically better and quickly.
I agree with that. I think the loss of Thompson was a season killer. Not that I had high hopes for this year anyway. But a guy that can play the 5 and score would help this squad a lot. We are both young and not that good. That is a bad combo. I am actually looking at this season like it was an exhibition season. I don't think we will be in this fix again. The coaching situation and the sanctions were a perfect storm for where we are right now. I hate to wish my life away, especially at this stage in my life, but I can't wait for both football and basketball next year and beyond.

Arguing Marek over Moyer is like saying you’d rather get a prostate exam than a root canal.
First, as much as I hate to say it, I'll take the prostate exam over the root canal. I had both this year. The root canal takes a lot longer to finish. I actually told my dr that he should have to take me out to dinner after that. He didn't even smile. on the bigger pt., I think marek will be a terrific player for us if he stays 4 years. He has skills. Moyer, eh, I guess he can become a grinder. At best.

AO and Scoop? Could even throw Rick and Rautins/Triche even though those 2 weren't true PG, but Rautinswas a very good passer

It's too bad Ennis and Rak just missed each other by a year

I had an irrational hate of Scoop, but I gave you the like anyway. I did like those teams. I wish we had unleashed Rak earlier so he could be what he became..

I applaud the effort to say something nice about Frank.

We should all try.

I think he can be a decent SG or combo at best. PG he is not. Not in this lifetime or any other. We’re stuck here until reinforcements come. Like Dasher and many others have said; we have no PG and no C/post scoring. Not a lot of speed at the lead guard positions.

Some thoughts.

1) Battle is gonna have a lot of games where he scores like 20 points on something like 7-21 shooting. I predict Burganesque year where he has to shoot way too much against too much defensive pressure because that's the only option.

2) Brissett is really, really good. Not sure if he's going to be good enough to be consistent through the full season and give a good enough 2nd option after Battle to make this a 0.500 ACC team, but his long term potential is excellent.

3) Frank Howard might be ready to contribute something meaningful in the scoring department but he's still not a PG. But he's probably going to our 3rd best player...

4) Chuckwu is actually a lot better than I expected. Not saying he isn't terrible, but at least he can move around a little this year. This says more about my expectations than anything else.

5) Thorpe looks like a guy from a terrible team who scores 15 points against SU in a game his team loses by 18, because... someone is gonna score in double figures. Very unimpressed. Left his feet with no idea what he was going to do with the ball about 5 or 6 times - Kaleb Joseph style.

6) Moyer. Dude plays hard.

7) Marek. Dude plays hard.

8) Moyer revisited. He's all knees and elbows. The way he moves around reminds me of Dennis Rodman, only he has no idea what he's doing out there. But he plays hard.

9) Marek revisited. He's feisty but has NO strength. How is he going to score in ACC play? Nice anticipation, good length, good defensive awareness, but all this talk about him scoring off dribble drives sounds ludicrous to me. His handle looks terrible, every time he dribbled the ball came up to his chest. How is this guy gonna score on anything other than garbage/fastbreaks? His shot looks like it needs a ton of work. But he plays hard.

10) I actually like Moyer and Marek as guys who could help down the line but the thought of major minutes for either of these guys this year is a little scary.

11) Howard Washington - unless Thorpe really is as bad as he looked tonight, I can't see him getting meaningful minutes.

12) Sidibe - I like his potential. A lot.

13) Really, really, really scared to go into this season with so little experience and topline talent. I hope these guys improve a lot and surprise me, but I'm not expecting anything beyond NIT.

Mason

Marek is scrappy as Hell.

I'm trying to say Hell a lot in this thread, by the way. It amuses me.

It's a word that's sadly that's lost its lustre due to Hollywood strongly promoting another word for some reason for quite some time now. Maybe your posts can help spur a comeback.

Moyer was Gatorade POY in the state of CT (a lot of good Prep Schools in the state) and was a top 60 recruit. There has to be something there that enticed the staff other than just "playing hard"

Some thoughts.

1) Battle is gonna have a lot of games where he scores like 20 points on something like 7-21 shooting. I predict Burganesque year where he has to shoot way too much against too much defensive pressure because that's the only option.

2) Brissett is really, really good. Not sure if he's going to be good enough to be consistent through the full season and give a good enough 2nd option after Battle to make this a 0.500 ACC team, but his long term potential is excellent.

3) Frank Howard might be ready to contribute something meaningful in the scoring department but he's still not a PG. But he's probably going to our 3rd best player...

4) Chuckwu is actually a lot better than I expected. Not saying he isn't terrible, but at least he can move around a little this year. This says more about my expectations than anything else.

5) Thorpe looks like a guy from a terrible team who scores 15 points against SU in a game his team loses by 18, because... someone is gonna score in double figures. Very unimpressed. Left his feet with no idea what he was going to do with the ball about 5 or 6 times - Kaleb Joseph style.

6) Moyer. Dude plays hard.

7) Marek. Dude plays hard.

8) Moyer revisited. He's all knees and elbows. The way he moves around reminds me of Dennis Rodman, only he has no idea what he's doing out there. But he plays hard.

9) Marek revisited. He's feisty but has NO strength. How is he going to score in ACC play? Nice anticipation, good length, good defensive awareness, but all this talk about him scoring off dribble drives sounds ludicrous to me. His handle looks terrible, every time he dribbled the ball came up to his chest. How is this guy gonna score on anything other than garbage/fastbreaks? His shot looks like it needs a ton of work. But he plays hard.

10) I actually like Moyer and Marek as guys who could help down the line but the thought of major minutes for either of these guys this year is a little scary.

11) Howard Washington - unless Thorpe really is as bad as he looked tonight, I can't see him getting meaningful minutes.

12) Sidibe - I like his potential. A lot.

13) Really, really, really scared to go into this season with so little experience and topline talent. I hope these guys improve a lot and surprise me, but I'm not expecting anything beyond NIT.

Mason
To answer question 9 - foul shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom