Your Official SU-Wake Forest Game Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Wake Forest Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A DEFENSIVE COACHING CHANGE

celebrate.gif

9-3 Wake to close the half. Not what you want at home. Still, in the game despite some bad rebounding. Thank goodness Wake can't seem to shoot straight tonight.

Bad ending, lucky bounce. End of the half has proven this: both teams ain't pretty so win if less mistakey than wakey.

This is certainly looking like it'll be the first non-double digit win / loss in ages ... I'm enjoying seeing DC out there and us not looking totally pathetic in a competitive game.

Wake has absolutely no idea what they are doing (outside of Collins cleaning up the garbage). And have 32 points and a 3 point lead.

It'd be nice if our guys got a bit of respect from the officials at home.

I said it last night, and I'll say it again: I'm amazed at how panicked college players get when facing a press, and I'm baffled more college coaches don't take advantage of that by pressing more consistently.

I said it last night, and I'll say it again: I'm amazed at how panicked college players get when facing a press, and I'm baffled more college coaches don't take advantage of that by pressing more consistently.

To your point earlier. They had 3 Orangemen on 1 Demon Deacon in the backcourt and they messed it up, lol.

rebound just a little and we are up 10.. worst part is most of the rebounds we had good position just awful timing.

That would mean find Collins and/or put a body on him.

I love the change to the press. Watching West Virginia and Louisville tonight, I wish we'd press more. That said, usually you don't send three players to the ball.

It's tough to press when you only play 7 deep. Those are deep teams, or at least teams that force more guys to play.

If Syracuse knew how to coach the PnR it would really help the offense- You cannot run a pick and roll with Roberson not involved as the roller. His man will just tag the roller every time and no one on the perimeter will have to sag off their man. They are high hedging everything, even if its 30 feet out which is BANANALAND. Gillon is not SC30, all we have to do is just short roll and throw it to the roller and we are playing 4 on 3.

we had a body on him 2-3 of those rebounds. we have one legit rebounder on the team and he is mostly and offensive rebounder..

they really needed to give it to coleman a couple more times and draw a couple fouls.. or course the one time coleman has the ball and does a nice move he travels for no reason..

This team is so fundamentally bad it's shocking to watch. Rebounding positioning is non existent. Weak side help is non existent. You wonder if these guys even have organized practices between games. Can't believe it.

It's tough to press when you only play 7 deep. Those are deep teams, or at least teams that force more guys to play.

This year, yes. But if the program recruited for pressing as its philosophy, it would have a different approach and might play more players year-in and year-out.

Switching over to Kansas WV during the half makes me feel like I was watching a AAA game. :(

The discouraging thing about that half is Wake actually played pretty poorly. We'd be fine if we were close to even with them on the boards but we're getting killed there

9-3 Wake to close the half. Not what you want at home. Still, in the game despite some bad rebounding. Thank goodness Wake can't seem to shoot straight tonight.
The chances of us out scoring them by 4 in the 2nd half ain't good. Us out scoring any team by 4 in a half ain't a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.