LB Brothers - likely Feb decision
DE Linton
S Dodson

Potentials
DE Vilbert Smith
DT Samuel Okuayinou
WR Nasir Burnett
Transfer - WR Reggie Hemphill-Mapps

The only one likely to be signing, anywhere, on Wednesday will be Dawson.

With some unexpected attrition occurring, like Butler (who I'm not shocked by, but seemed like most thought he would at least stay and move to CB) and Amie, we can bring in more guys in 2019 likely. We know Vilbert is being recruited hard, who else? Is Dukes still an option?

With some unexpected attrition occurring, like Butler (who I'm not shocked by, but seemed like most thought he would at least stay and move to CB) and Amie, we can bring in more guys in 2019 likely. We know Vilbert is being recruited hard, who else? Is Dukes still an option?

I'm thinking at this point we have 4 slots if Shy doesn't return, minimum,, which then reduces to 3 if Hewitt sticks, and we probably will realistically have 6 slots minimum, even with Hewitt. That takes into account some attrition that isn't official but that I'm guessing happens. So considering 6 slots, this is what I'd hope to see:

High Schoolers - DT, DE, RB
Grad/JUCO - OT, LB
Either High School/JUCO - QB

And probably fill any other slots (if there are any) with best high school athlete or traditional transfer possible. LB/WR/DB/OL/DL whatever. Just stocking up on the quality depth.

Last edited:

I would like 3 more DLs, a QB and an O lineman.

I'm thinking at this point we have 4 slots if Shy doesn't return, minimum,, which then reduces to 3 if Hewitt sticks, and we probably will realistically have 6 slots minimum, even with Hewitt. That takes into account some attrition that isn't official but that I'm guessing happens. So considering 6 slots, this is what I'd hope to see:

High Schoolers - DT, DE, RB
Grad/JUCO - OT, LB
Either High School/JUCO - QB

And probably fill any other slots (if there are any) with best high school athlete or traditional transfer possible. LB/WR/DB/OL/DL whatever. Just stocking up on the quality depth.
I don't think it will be a class of 24. More like 21 or 22.

I don't think it will be a class of 24. More like 21 or 22.

Probably, but I was expecting 4 players leaving not including Amie or Shy. Byrne, Butler, and Cordy so far, even though Cordy isn't official I think it all but is. I have to think there is one or two more. So that's why I'm thinking 6 slots, or 5 if Hewitt sticks minimum.

I mean ideally they get 5 more, but there isn't many fish in the sea out there. Quarterback isn't good for what's left.

I mean ideally they get 5 more, but there isn't many fish in the sea out there. Quarterback isn't good for what's left.
I wouldn't say that. There is some talent out there. There is still the opportunity to flip one.

So to update now with the Fagan announcement and Hewitt decommitting, we right now have 4 open slots if Shy comes back and 5 if he does not. And it still wouldn't surprise me if there are a few more names that pop up as far as transferring out.

So to update now with the Fagan announcement and Hewitt decommitting, we right now have 4 open slots if Shy comes back and 5 if he does not. And it still wouldn't surprise me if there are a few more names that pop up as far as transferring out.

Did I miss the Cordy announcement? Is he definitely not coming back?

I think Shy will make it back.