You've Got $15, Make Your Own Syracuse Basketball Starting Lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You've Got $15, Make Your Own Syracuse Basketball Starting Lineup

The gap between Ennis and MCW is massive. There's no comparison.

If I were building a team to win games long-term under the present rules, I'd go with:

1 - MCW
2 - Shumpert
3 - Melo
4 - DC
5 - Hill

Exceptional rebounding from the 1, 3 and 4 spots, versatile scoring from the 3 and 4, enough outside shooting from the 2 and 3, and great defense from the 1 and 4.

PG- MCW, $2
SG- Waiters, $1 (an absolute steal)
SF- Melo, $5
PF- John Wallace, $4
C- Schayes, $3

I think this team would have chemistry issues but, on paper, I love it.

Sherm,Waiters,Melo,Warrick,Etan Thomas

You nailed it! Hak and Etan both superb shot-blockers who can also score, Melo the reliable shooter, and Dion and Sherm are feisty and fearless. Apologies to GMAC and Bing.-VBOF

You nailed it! Hak and Etan both superb shot-blockers who can also score, Melo the reliable shooter, and Dion and Sherm are feisty and fearless. Apologies to GMAC and Bing.-VBOF

To be honest I didn't even think about the shot blocking aspect, I didn't have much money left for the center position, but you are 100 percent right, that is one great shot blocking front court.

My plan is to combine the most value with two superstars.

I think MCW @ 2 & Dion at 1 are the best value picks out there. I then add my two superstars - Carmelo & DC @ 5 each. That leaves Etan @ 2 for the center, though I am far from sure that AO - not listed - wouldn't be the better mesh to complete this team.

I really wanted Sherm on-board, but he just didn't fit into my scheme.

Also, I wonder if i can bend the rules & add an unlisted player @ 0.

If so, I take Carmelo & DC @ 5, Sherm @ 4, Dion @ 1, & AO @ 0.

EDITING to ADD - My two player coaches @ zero - Jimmy & Hop !!!

Last edited:
rrlbees said:
So little respect for Bing. Career 25ppg and 10rpg along with 6 apg.

I don't think it's lack of respect but their are great players that may not be as good but with a better price tag.

MCW 2
Shumpert 2
Carmelo 5
Coleman 5
Hill 1

Not picking Melo and Coleman is craziness, and I think center is where you get the most value...IMO.

GMac
Bing
Hill
Melo
Rautins

Should've given us JB as an option at guard for $0.