Yukon or WVU?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yukon or WVU??

Both teams are capable of playing at very high level. As a result, I hope we do not take either of them lightly.

I'll have to go with West Virginia for three reasons:

1) It's hard as hell to beat a team three times in one season
2) UConn seems to be coming on a little bit, as Lamb and Drummond are really upping their games
3) We've pretty much owned West Virginia lately

Whatever happens happens, can't bring myself to actively pull for either team. Should be a good game and the winner will not be an easy opponent. I like SU's chances vs WV better, the Garden will be rocking for SU/UCon though. If you told me SU was guaranteed to win either way I'd prefer it be over UCon. But I would not feel great about any team trying to beat even a halfway decent team for the third time in one season.

I was wondering that too. I think he g ratwd it himself.
maybe they added an extra asterisk. which would be hilariously vulgar in a sick and strange way

Who is everyone rooting for? I'm torn, but I guess I am rooting for Yukon to win. Would love to see them lose by about 40, but as I have stated before I don't want to face Kevin Jones. I've said for the last four or five years that I have always thought that he was going to haunt us for not taking him. I would really hate for Thursday to be the day. I've never questioned our coaches for choosing our KJ, but it would have been nice to have both.

Besides, if Yukon wins on Wednesday, we can put a big hurt on them on Thursday. That would be a great way to start off the BET.
Tuesday's Nooner - next to no cost, security and ticket agents hadn't even shown up to MSG yet.
Wednesday's Nooner - $13 for scalps on the corner of 8th and 33rd
Thursday Quarters - beating the defending chumps for the 3rd time in a season and sending them into the NCAA swimming in a sea of doubt - Priceless

I'll have to go with West Virginia for three reasons:

2) UConn seems to be coming on a little bit, as Lamb and Drummond are really upping their games

I beg to differ that UConn is "coming on" because they beat Pitt and DePaul. With those two wins, they're 3-2 in their last five, 5-5 in their last ten, and 6-9 in their last fifteen.

I want to deal their season the death blow it so richly deserves.

It doesn't matter. Aside from last years Kemba run Syracuse has owned UConn of late and can anyone seriously remember that last time we lost to West Virginia?

Worry about Syracuse playing well, because if Syracuse plays well, they are not getting beaten by anyone, certainly not either of those maybe 20-12 teams.

can anyone seriously remember that last time we lost to West Virginia?

Yes, but only because I have a nerdy, encyclopedic memory of all SU games. They worked us in 2008 down in Morgantown.

i'll take an entirely different tack to thursdays matchup and say that i'd like to give the mountaineers another shot at us. although you could make an argument that cj mugged uconns roscoe smith i think the mooseman's missed goaltending was the far more egregious call.
let's just settle this argument once and for all.rematch baby.

Agreed with that. I want to play WVU with our team at full strength.

Go WVU. Stay away from facing a team for a third time.

I want WVU. They talked a lot smack after losing to us (without Melo) that the refs gave us the game. I want to smack them down hard. We took care of Jones last time, I think we do it again.

I beg to differ that UConn is "coming on" because they beat Pitt and DePaul. With those two wins, they're 3-2 in their last five, 5-5 in their last ten, and 6-9 in their last fifteen.

I want to deal their season the death blow it so richly deserves.

But 2-0 with Calhoun back at the helm.

Man, a lot of you guys are pretty cocky about facing WVU. They are a pretty good team and will give Cuse a very tough game. No way Kevin Jones backs down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom