Yukon vs Indiana | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yukon vs Indiana

You said he was a star. His numbers and play suggest anything, but that. He's good defensively, but he's putting up meh numbers on a 6-3 team.
His fg%, rebounds, and blocks are on par with lydon. He is definitely not as good offensively as lydon, but he is better defensively. I think the comparison should be against the talent we have now.

I see a ton of potential in this kid, and yes, I think he is a star. When he is on the court he makes a difference defensively and he is not even close to a liability offensively.

Basically what I am saying is I wish we would have had a chance to see what he could do for Cuse.

His fg%, rebounds, and blocks are on par with lydon. He is definitely not as good offensively as lydon, but he is better defensively. I think the comparison should be against the talent we have now.

I see a ton of potential in this kid, and yes, I think he is a star. When he is on the court he makes a difference defensively and he is not even close to a liability offensively.

Basically what I am saying is I wish we would have had a chance to see what he could do for Cuse.

It is not comparable with him. Lydon shot 50/40/80. This guy shoots 43/33/50. He averages 3 BPG. Last I checked Lydon blocked everything in the NCAA Tourney. I agree we could use him, but he is far from a differences maker.

It is not comparable with him. Lydon shot 50/40/80. This guy shoots 43/33/50. He averages 3 BPG. Last I checked Lydon blocked everything in the NCAA Tourney. I agree we could use him, but he is far from a differences maker.
You’re both right. Lydon was better. But we don’t have Lydon right now and Akok is on UConns campus. Akok wouldn’t get as much PT here as UConn but we could use him

This must be how politicians feel during debates. Getting into a discussion that really has nothing to do with the relevant topic. Now I am required to defend a position that I didnt have in the first place!

Lydon is worth his weight in gold for his block against the Zags. I love the guy, his freshman year's team is one of my favorite teams, travelled all around to watch those guys play.

I don't remember is fg% being that high, thought it was closer to 45 as a freshman. I may be wrong on that. He certainly wasn't averaging 3 blocks a game, no way.

I guess I just don't get the comparison, but that's fine, I agree with you tyler is a better player on offense, but I'm living in the year 2019 and akok is better than any 5ish guy we have and I don't think it is close.

This must be how politicians feel during debates. Getting into a discussion that really has nothing to do with the relevant topic. Now I am required to defend a position that I didnt have in the first place!

Lydon is worth his weight in gold for his block against the Zags. I love the guy, his freshman year's team is one of my favorite teams, travelled all around to watch those guys play.

I don't remember is fg% being that high, thought it was closer to 45 as a freshman. I may be wrong on that. He certainly wasn't averaging 3 blocks a game, no way.

I guess I just don't get the comparison, but that's fine, I agree with you tyler is a better player on offense, but I'm living in the year 2019 and akok is better than any 5ish guy we have and I don't think it is close.
however if I'm not mistaken he did average about 6 blocks a game during our tournament run!

You said he was a star. My point was Lydon wasn’t even a star on our FF team and there’s a site called cbbreference.com to research this stuff. He also set the NCAA tournament block record.

Akok can block shots. That’s about it. He’s not a difference maker. Would he be an upgrade on our guys? Defensively yes. We would still stink rebounding and he would provide no offense. I called it out because it made no sense. Agree to disagree.

You said he was a star. My point was Lydon wasn’t even a star on our FF team and there’s a site called cbbreference.com to research this stuff. He also set the NCAA tournament block record.

Akok can block shots. That’s about it. He’s not a difference maker. Would he be an upgrade on our guys? Defensively yes. We would still stink rebounding and he would provide no offense. I called it out because it made no sense. Agree to disagree.
What you are saying makes sense in terms of akok being a star. He clearly isn't the best player on any team currently, but I think he has NBA potential. I should have not been so matter of fact, but I am surprised after watching him play you don't think he is a special kind of athlete.

Lydon could have entered the draft after his freshman year, so in some ways he was a star. I don't have time to go through stats, but I know my numbers are real close or on.

Like you said, we disagree on how much he would help our current team.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Akok is gone after this year
It is a possibility but he needs to be a much more of an offensive force the rest of the season. Otherwise, he is just another skinny 6’9’, 190 lb player who will be overwhelmed by the physically of the NBA and its Minor G League teams. In other words, he was very impressive in high school last year, not so much yet this year (there have been flashes but no sustained performance).

It is a possibility but he needs to be a much more of an offensive force the rest of the season. Otherwise, he is just another skinny 6’9’, 190 lb player who will be overwhelmed by the physically of the NBA and its Minor G League teams. In other words, he was very impressive in high school last year, not so much yet this year (there have been flashes but no sustained performance).
haven't seen him play at all until last night, seemed like uconn started to struggle when he went out with foul trouble...not saying he played a huge part in offense that I saw...but his defensive activity was infectious to the yuppies for sure.

What you are saying makes sense in terms of akok being a star. He clearly isn't the best player on any team currently, but I think he has NBA potential. I should have not been so matter of fact, but I am surprised after watching him play you don't think he is a special kind of athlete.

Lydon could have entered the draft after his freshman year, so in some ways he was a star. I don't have time to go through stats, but I know my numbers are real close or on.

Like you said, we disagree on how much he would help our current team.

Lydon was at 48% from the floor, 40% from 3 and 77% from the line his freshman year and he did so on a much higher volume of shots as he put up 10 ppg. What's particularly noteworthy is that his numbers were every bit as good in ACC play (10 ppg on 48/39/81 shooting). Further, the numbers were pretty similar in the tourney (3-pt shooting dipped to 33%) but he added 4 blocks/game for good measure.

So I think it's safe to say Lydon was a much better offensive player. But, to the broader point, not sure there's much point in arguing this regardless. Akok's defensive acumen would be a nice addition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom