Zach Allen Monster Game | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen Monster Game

Should we be looking at any of these WRs? Temple kid had 12 catches for 172 and Austin Wilson's WR had 8 for 150

Should we be looking at any of these WRs? Temple kid had 12 catches for 172 and Austin Wilson's WR had 8 for 150

Would love to see Zach Allen help us recruit a TX player or two.

We could use OL / WRs.

Not bad for a 2 star recruit. :bang:
e must be ,in reality a 4star player that has been underrated by all except Doug and his crew.

He beat one of the traditional powerhouse high school's in TX. Hopefully we are keeping tabs on President.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/hig...ll-roundup-2453282.html?cxtype=rss_highschool

Zach Allen threw for 282 yards (22-33) and 4 touchdowns as his Temple team upset the number 8 team in the state of Texas 49-42.
Temple plays Southlake Carroll at Cowboys Stadium on September 14th in a game featuring two of the most tradition rich and legendary HS programs from the state of Texas.

Southlake Carroll is the defending state champion and has been described as the Dallas Cowboys of North Texas high school football. They have won a state championship 8 of the last 20 years. Southlake is currently ranked 5th in the state. Temple is in the midst of rebuilding a great tradition and is not ranked.

That game is one to watch out for.

The-Southlake-Carroll-state-championship-rings-Twitter.jpg

You get a ring like that for a hs state championship? Holy chit.

Full game here:

This is big boy football right here, kids already running a spread offense. He's going to be ready to compete when he gets here, and he gets to go through spring practice which is big. I'm not sure he will start his first year, but there is a lot to be excited about.

He has a little Romo in him with his ability to extend the play and roll out. Romo's a pretty good athlete in his own right, though I wouldn't compare their passing

This is big boy football right here, kids already running a spread offense. He's going to be ready to compete when he gets here, and he gets to go through spring practice which is big. I'm not sure he will start his first year, but there is a lot to be excited about.

Well, hell, there goes the rest of my afternoon.

He's visiting this weekend for the Stony Brook game. Hope there is a half-way decent crowd in the house. Don't want the HS crowd to have more than the college crowd.

I'm with Cali. Bring in some guys for Allen to throw to... for pete sake. If we can find Qadri Ismail, Rob Moore and Quinton Spotwood ... we can bloody well find an under-the-radar kid with ridiculous speed for Allen to hook up with in the end zone.

He's visiting this weekend for the Stony Brook game. Hope there is a half-way decent crowd in the house. Don't want the HS crowd to have more than the college crowd.

yuk, that sux.

I'm with Cali. Bring in some guys for Allen to throw to... for pete sake. If we can find Qadri Ismail, Rob Moore and Quinton Spotwood ... we can bloody well find an under-the-radar kid with ridiculous speed for Allen to hook up with in the end zone.

Quinta Funderburk and Ashton broyld, to start with, are already here. And Ron Thompson. He's going to have some very good weapons around him regardless of any receivers being signed in this class.

Quinta Funderburk and Ashton broyld, to start with, are already here. And Ron Thompson. He's going to have some very good weapons around him regardless of any receivers being signed in this class.
That's a ton to look forward to, wow.

That's a ton to look forward to, wow.

Sure is. I'm really interested to see how the TE depth chart works out as the season progresses. It wouldn't shock me one bit to see Ron Thompson at the top of it by season's end.

And with Lemon and Sales being seniors, it's the perfect time for Funderburk to sit out a year. I also think a junior Jarrod West will be nothing to sneeze at.

The skill position depth is something to be really excited about moving forward.

We'll see about Funderburk and Thompson looks great at TE. And I'm not saying Lemon's chopped liver... very good receiver. But we need 2-3 more quality burners with size that can make a difference. HAVE to have game-changers at the skill positions if you want wins.

We'll see about Funderburk and Thompson looks great at TE. And I'm not saying Lemon's chopped liver... very good receiver. But we need 2-3 more quality burners with size that can make a difference. HAVE to have game-changers at the skill positions if you want wins.
So does almost every team in America. I'd be happy with 2-3 burners with skills, i.e. that can catch consistently, with high FB IQ's. Does Laray Smith fit this mold or is he just another track guy playing FB??

I think some people here are sleeping on Kyle Foster. The staff loves him and Marrone described him as one of the players that can be game changers.

So does almost every team in America. I'd be happy with 2-3 burners with skills, i.e. that can catch consistently, with high FB IQ's. Does Laray Smith fit this mold or is he just another track guy playing FB??

I think some people here are sleeping on Kyle Foster. The staff loves him and Marrone described him as one of the players that can be game changers.

Kobena has shown an ability to get deep ... don't sleep on that kid ... plus he has shown pretty solid hands thus far this season ... and Lewis and Cornelius while not burners are going to be very good possession receivers for us IMHO ... he will have weapons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom