Zach Allen Monster Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen Monster Game

Kobena has shown an ability to get deep ... don't sleep on that kid ... plus he has shown pretty solid hands thus far this season ... and Lewis and Cornelius while not burners are going to be very good possession receivers for us IMHO ... he will have weapons.
Agreed, but I'm still not sold on Kobena's hands or his ability to run solid routes. He is much more of a straight ahead kind of guy.

Agreed, but I'm still not sold on Kobena's hands or his ability to run solid routes. He is much more of a straight ahead kind of guy.

Just send him deep baby ...

So does almost every team in America. I'd be happy with 2-3 burners with skills, i.e. that can catch consistently, with high FB IQ's. Does Laray Smith fit this mold or is he just another track guy playing FB??

I think some people here are sleeping on Kyle Foster. The staff loves him and Marrone described him as one of the players that can be game changers.

I know top quality receivers are sought after, that's why I was referring to under the radar kids with size and speed that might not be 5 stars. Either way, our lack of any viable deep threat is an an issue with the current team ... and the prime reason why opposing defenses are stacking the box against us. That may ease up this year, with Nassib being so effective the first two games (at least in the second half) throwing the ball downfield. He doesn't necessarily need to throw bombs all the time to spread out the defense.

But in the future, we have a clear need for a couple of game-changers at WR. Maybe Funderburk will be the guy, or someone like Smith. I've heard nice things about Foster but he seems to be nicked up quite a bit (durability concern). Somebody's going to have to stretch the field for us to take the next step with this program.

IMO people get way to caught up with speed. Most of the best WR's in the NFL don't have elite speed but they do everything else at the highest level and that is significantly more important. If speed were everything the Chicago Bears wouldn't have gone out and picked up Brandon Marshall because Devin Hester would have been tearing it up as a WR. The reality is, Devin Hester is just an o.k. WR but has elite speed. Give me a guy with solid skills, great hands, and the ability to run perfect routes with quickness any day. Just give me a Mike Williams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom