Zach Allen to TCU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen to TCU

I can't tell you how pissed I am right now. This is ridiculous. There had to be some way Shafe could have salvaged ZA. Someone better spill the beans on what happened because this flat out sucks. We lose ZA and Southerland in the same afternoon. I have no idea how I should feel about SU sports today.

If I was him hearing the list of chumps we're possibly bringing in to run the offense I woulda bounced too
They are far from chumps. Many are well respected professionals with much more knowledge and ability than anyone on this board.

Not surprised at all, I tried warning people in the chat on Tuesday and Wed that ZA was far from 100% and very much on the fence. The Hackett Poaching was the last straw.

Not surprised at all, I tried warning people in the chat on Tuesday and Wed that ZA was far from 100% and very much on the fence. The Hackett Poaching was the last straw.

But why was he calling recruits to convince them to stick with SU? I could understand if he was laying low, but his actions said otherwise.

National Letter of Intent Day. That's when I start getting interested in recruiting. Up until then its all a mirage. Not surprised or too disappointed about Zach Allen, which is why I never joined the cult. Sh#t happens. It just happens to be happening a lot to Syracuse so far this year.

But why was he calling recruits to convince them to stick with SU? I could understand if he was laying low, but his actions said otherwise.

A good kid who wanted to make the Cuse fans happy. Its not Shaf's fault but we really needed to have an OC in place right away, the Hacket poaching was a total F job and Marrone buried us. Worst part is ZA wont be the last to decommit. Need to go hard after Wilson now.

And during that chat, he was 100% SU. TCU came in after that.

From Zach's Twitter:

"I committed to TCU. I had been loyal the whole time and have done everything I could for Cuse. They changed the deal with the coaches leaving."

Tell me why it is that every time we get a QB who could be the future of the program we somehow end up looking stupid all over again? Happened with Vick, Joe Dailey, the kid who Nancy didn't want and lit it up at Hawaii, and now ZA. Could we have any worse luck in that department? It took us 5 years to groom Nassib. We don't have 5 years to groom someone else. We need a plug and play guy.

They are far from chumps. Many are well respected professionals with much more knowledge and ability than anyone on this board.
i agree they have more knowledge and ability then alot of people on this board (myself included) but i sure haven't seen one name that makes excited to hear they're joining the staff.

I'm shocked...One can only imagine...He was calling/texting other players to try and get them to stay, but you have have to think if more people in the incoming class are re-evaluating their decision (more than we know), and that made Zach a little worried.
how can you really be shocked? He was scheduled to start class Monday and he doesn't have an offensive coordinator or a QB coach.

"Could we at least pull up here and get some dinner? Because I like to be wined and dined after I get füçkéd!"

Thanks Dougie for pinching us while we dreamed...

Best of luck to Zach. Good player and good thing TCU isn't on the schedule. Because if they were the Shafer would lock that spinless, pos, turncoat bastard in the Dome and focking murder him. Seriously though, good luck.

At this point, any recruits we can hold onto are gravy.

Hopefully Wilson appreciates the opportunity with which he is now presented.

how can you really be shocked? He was scheduled to start class Monday and he doesn't have an offensive coordinator or a QB coach.
You have a point but the fact that he came out a couple days ago and said he was 100% committed to SU on Jan 8th...

"Could we at least pull up here and get some dinner? Because I like to be wined and dined after I get füçkéd!"

Thanks Dougie for pinching us while we dreamed...
South Park?

Wow, what a day this has been. Why beer is a staple of my diet. :)

From Zach's Twitter:

"I committed to TCU. I had been loyal the whole time and have done everything I could for Cuse. They changed the deal with the coaches leaving."

Does he think we fired Marrone and Hackett?

I know it's sore loser stuff, but I'll feel a lot better if he never amounts to anything as a college QB.

Maybe he's Shafer's Garrett Barnas.

I wouldn't say I hope he doesn't amount to anything, but I think I will feel more relieved than anything if he because just an average college QB. Nothing against the kid personally, he got lied to by our coaches, flat out. But yeah, I really hope he doesn't become the next Johnny Football, because frankly that would just be too damn painful. We went through that crap with Ray Rice and it still stings.

I will add. Is it the offense that makes the QB or the QB that makes the offense? If he questioned being able to adapt his skills to the new OC, then good riddance.