ZACH EDEY of Purdue may be the biggest basketball player I've ever seen | Syracusefan.com

ZACH EDEY of Purdue may be the biggest basketball player I've ever seen

Dave85

Living Legend
The guy is 7'4" and 295 pounds. When I was flipping through channels I saw Purdue playing. He made the other teams forwards look like point guards. I would say this guy may be a matchup problem for any team!

Can you imagine if Zach transferred to SU next year! I'm starting the transfer campaign now. I want to see him in the center of the zone.

Purdue finds some large men downlow
075D94BB-1A1A-4078-A43B-A94532F26ABB.gif

He actually replaced All Big Ten Center Williams in the starting lineup.
It's quite a 1-2 punch of bigs.
Purdue is legit #7 with Ivey as well.

The guy literally looks like a GIANT:

It's just unbelievable anyone can be that big.
I don’t know who is doing the color commentary but in the short snippets provided , he claimed Purdue has the best guard in the entire country , the best shooter in the big 10 , and the best defender … so …ummm yeah

I don’t know who is doing the color commentary but in the short snippets provided , he claimed Purdue has the best guard in the entire country , the best shooter in the big 10 , and the best defender … so …ummm yeah

It's so funny you made this comment. I thought the exact same thing when I heard it. There always seems to be a Big 10 bias and most of the time they get spanked in the big dance.

Edey has good strength to go with height -physical play throughout that highlight video.

I was walking down the concourse at a wash wizards game and a door opened right in front of me so I had to stop. Out of the doorway comes Georghe Muresan and he is standing right in front of me. It’s very difficult to describe how freaking tall that guy is.

I once went to a Buffalo NBA game back when they had a team. I was waiting in the dark under the stands by the door where the players came out to the court. The door opened, and there was light. Then it got dark again as Wilt Chamberlain passed through the doorway. Biggest person I have ever seen. Philly won the game, and he had about 50.

I mean its kinda strange that despite this being quantifiable, it's still weirdly subjective. I will continue to go with Shaq. It's incredible a man that large can be so proportional. Even filled out guys like Edey are still pretty gangly. Shaqs really in his own class here.

I mean its kinda strange that despite this being quantifiable, it's still weirdly subjective. I will continue to go with Shaq. It's incredible a man that large can be so proportional. Even filled out guys like Edey are still pretty gangly. Shaqs really in his own class here.

Good point. But just saying Shaq in this conversation is something. Can you imagine if Zach transferred to SU. OMG, he would be so much fun to watch anchoring the zone! He runs the floor well too.

This...He's not malnourished...Otherwise he'd be here. lol
I miss a load like Arinze in the Middle...Didn't move well for a basketball player, but he did for his size etc...Could post up...Arinze was a guy I think we took because we needed a body coming off the sanctions? But I liked him with his low post moves...F degenerative knees...God that team was good.

I miss a load like Arinze in the Middle...Didn't move well for a basketball player, but he did for his size etc...Could post up...Arinze was a guy I think we took because we needed a body coming off the sanctions? But I liked him with his low post moves...F degenerative knees...God that team was good.

I hear you, but by senior year Arinze had worked himself into peak physical condition, and ran the floor effortlessly. Paid dividends that year.

Edey is a very solid player and Purdue is a hell of a team. Edey, Williams, Ivey are for real and that Stefanovic kid can really shoot!

Sanctions were 8 or more years after AO committed here.

Don’t think he had degenerative knees either, outside the injury in the BE tourney I think he was ok.

Sanctions were 8 or more years after AO committed here.

Don’t think he had degenerative knees either, outside the injury in the BE tourney I think he was ok.
Dajuan maybe?

I hear you, but by senior year Arinze had worked himself into peak physical condition, and ran the floor effortlessly. Paid dividends that year.
I talked to him 3 weeks ago and he said he was hurt all year.

I talked to him 3 weeks ago and he said he was hurt all year.

He sure didn't look it, given how effectively he played, how effortlessly he ran the floor, and the improved stamina he showed by being in better physical condition.

I'm not doubting your info or that he said that, but...