Zachary Allen Commits | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zachary Allen Commits

Anyone know if there is anyone else on his team that we have offered/are looking at?

Syracusefan.com bio.

I really like his film. He has a strong arm, a quick release, good mechanics and is also very quick and agile. Looks like he played against good competition too, and that his HS offense is quite similar to what he will be running here.

Same here. Definitely not a highlight film for his Center. IIRC (if I remember correctly), Wilson was strictly in the shotgun and faced little pressure. Not to really use that against him, but his delivery seemed a little long and we never really saw what he can do when the line breaks down.

In Allen's tape he seems constantly in distress. Either the Center snapped the ball well over his head or the line gave in to pressure. Allen proved to me he can make the quick read, make something out of nothing, use his feet to get out of trouble and throw on the run. I thought he has a much quicker release than Nassib and could really help us on our bubble screens where Nassib's slow motion (or takes too long to throw/staring at his target?) essentially telegraphs the play. We say we don't have any playmakers, but I have felt for some time that Nassib doesn't give our receivers the time and space to make anything happen. By the time they get the ball the defender is on them and in good position to make the tackle.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Nassib supporter, there is a lot he does that I like, but there are a lot of plays that we call that aren't suited for Ryan, IMO.

From the Allen tape, the first play also had him out wide as a receiver. Some great play calling opportunities with him and Broyld on the field at the same time. Heck, if Wilson(Hunt/Kinder) can play too (which we should assume he can if he got an offer), having the three of them could be pretty dynamic. Allen being the consistent starter, Broyld being a Slash player occassionally under center and Wilson the backup that sometimes comes in with Broyld and Allen still on the field. Wowser!

I wonder if the temple coaches changed the offense for Zach's abilities. I remember watching Lache Seastrunk at Temple a few years ago. He was a national recruit who went to oregon and then transferred to baylor. When he was playing at temple , they were more of a double wing team.

I wonder if the temple coaches changed the offense for Zach's abilities. I remember watching Lache Seastrunk at Temple a few years ago. He was a national recruit who went to oregon and then transferred to baylor. When he was playing at temple , they were more of a double wing team.
I think they did. Read some stories written just prior to the 2011 season talking about the new offense Temple was using. Their new HC brought a little more progressive system with him...

Really love the Allen pickup.. I've been jonesing over this guy since we first were mentioned with him. He's performed very well in terms of accuracy at the camps he's been to and seems to be a rising star. Hope we can put a stranglehold on this commitment and would love to see him get out there and recruit for us! Was more surprised by the Austin commitment, but really like Zach Allen.. I love how he makes plays happen and makes quick reads.

I'm guessing we don't have room for 3 QBs in this class and we are done with Boyle?

Are people serious when they say his HS runs our offense? I saw tons of jet sweep and read option in his film but have never seen us spread that much.

I'm guessing we don't have room for 3 QBs in this class and we are done with Boyle?
Yes. DM wanted 2 QBs. The only way we take another is if we lose one of these two.

I was asking myself the same thing regarding Boyle, but I don't think we have the opportunity to stop recruiting a guy like Boyle.. I feel like we are able to reduce any remaining QB recruiting and limit it to Boyle. If we are able to still make a big push and succeed in getting a commit from Boyle I belive Austin will look elsewhere. That said, I also think we should continue looking at Brady Jr as an ATH. That guy runs a 4.4 40 and would very easily be able to play other positions for us. QBs in HS are usually your most talented playmaker and a ton of QBs end up playing WR or CB.

Heck, if Wilson(Hunt/Kinder) can play too (which we should assume he can if he got an offer), having the three of them could be pretty dynamic.

Oy! Death, taxes, and projecting quality QB depth at SU.

Hope this kid is the next Tim Tebow for us, but honestly, I don't like the smell of a verbal coming from a kid outside of our recruiting strength area who only saw the campus via a virtual tour.

Texas football is rediculous! Glad to see us getting some of that talent to SU.

I was asking myself the same thing regarding Boyle, but I don't think we have the opportunity to stop recruiting a guy like Boyle.. I feel like we are able to reduce any remaining QB recruiting and limit it to Boyle. If we are able to still make a big push and succeed in getting a commit from Boyle I belive Austin will look elsewhere. That said, I also think we should continue looking at Brady Jr as an ATH. That guy runs a 4.4 40 and would very easily be able to play other positions for us. QBs in HS are usually your most talented playmaker and a ton of QBs end up playing WR or CB.
But Austin was the #1 QB on our board...

Allen is going to blow up. He'll be hard to keep on board once the Big12 comes calling.

We'll need to continue to recruit other QB's. The Dobbs kid in Georgia is an interesting prospect.

But Austin was the #1 QB on our board...
I stand corrected then, but I really like Allen over Austin personally.. but I'm no expert at identifying talent..

I stand corrected then, but I really like Allen over Austin personally.. but I'm no expert at identifying talent..
Wasn't commenting on what you had to say (i agree with you). I was just pointing out (sarcastically) what Austin said when he first committed.

Zach Allen@WildcatSwag12
If you look on the txhighschoolfootball tweet it shows the elite 200 recruits from Texas. I'm # 43, id be nothing without the lord!

Not to shabby.

@ottoingrotto

No more complaints about how we don't use the Dome as a selling point.

From an interview with his coach...
“People talk about cold and all that, but they have an excellent indoor facility and they play in a dome,” said Spradlin with a laugh. “That was a big selling point for him, as it should have been.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom