14-6, 10-4, 13-7 | Syracusefan.com

14-6, 10-4, 13-7

It is hard to win every game. Hop loses to Navy, UNC just lost to High Point, and Army just lost to BU. Hard to win week in and week out and we are doing the job. Good to see after some heartbreakers in February.

Did what they had to do today. Wasn't pretty but a loss again would have been a catastrophe

It is hard to win every game. Hop loses to Navy, UNC just lost to High Point, and Army just lost to BU. Hard to win week in and week out and we are doing the job. Good to see after some heartbreakers in February.
After giving up a 0-6 4th quarter.

Folks are not happy in Chapel Hill.

thats a shame3.gif

Horrific loss, they were up 11-6, brutal.
I just watched the game. Devastating loss. NC was up 5-0, 7-1, 11-5. They scored their last goal with 7:36 left in the 3rd qtr. It wasn't just on the D letting HP score 7 straight goals, on some great shots. It was also the ineptness of the Offense. They didn't go into a stall but they lacked intensity and purpose. And had many turnovers and HP won many faceoffs in the 4th. You could sense the collars on the NC players uniforms getting tighter and tighter as the 4th qtr wound down and HP got closer and closer. After HP scored the go ahead goal with 22 seconds left (on a beautiful BTB pass which is posted on this Board), NC won the faceoff & called timeout with 14 seconds left. The play they ran took much too much time and the resulting shot at the end by their star freshman Owen Duffy missed wide. But they didn't leave themselves any time for a follow up opportunity. After the final horn you could see Petro hanging his head on the sideline. Poor Tar Heels.

I just watched the game. Devastating loss. NC was up 5-0, 7-1, 11-5. They scored their last goal with 7:36 left in the 3rd qtr. It wasn't just on the D letting HP score 7 straight goals, on some great shots. It was also the ineptness of the Offense. They didn't go into a stall but they lacked intensity and purpose. And had many turnovers and HP won many faceoffs in the 4th. You could sense the collars on the NC players uniforms getting tighter and tighter as the 4th qtr wound down and HP got closer and closer. After HP scored the go ahead goal with 22 seconds left (on a beautiful BTB pass which is posted on this Board), NC won the faceoff & called timeout with 14 seconds left. The play they ran took much too much time and the resulting shot at the end by their star freshman Owen Duffy missed wide. But they didn't leave themselves any time for a follow up opportunity. After the final horn you could see Petro hanging his head on the sideline. Poor Tar Heels.
I am heartbroken :cool:

I can see how it happens - High Point made a run against us in the 2nd quarter. They had a couple of very skilled shooters

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom