2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

So you fear a team you can only play in the SB and a horrible d, and another with a slightly better d, but ranked 30th in pass d. And don't fear 2 of the best defenses in the league, got it.
Yes. Eli Manning can actually throw the ball down field. Giants had no JPP and with him their rush is better.
Since 2007 Eli Manning has as many wins in Foxboro as Peyton and Eli has only played 1 regular season game in Foxboro and won it.

I don't fear the Broncos one iota in Foxboro. They could beat the Pats in Denver next week.

I would too, the way the Giants play them, but I don't know if the Giants are going to make it with their schedule.
Giants are dangerous if they get in. I agree their schedule is really tough.That is why I want the Pats to lose to the Eagles.

Surprised your scared of the Steelers. When is the last time Pittsburgh beat them? Brady destroys that defense, even when they WERE good.

I still think people are underating Carolina. They beat the Pat's a couple years ago when they absolutely mauled Gronk in the endzone and Brady chased the officials into the tunnel.
Steelers fear is respect for Ben. I think he is the 3rd best QB in the NFL and if they played it would be a shootout. I agree the Pats would score on the Steelers but I would like to avoid that matchup.

Carolina has not experienced weapons outside of Olson. If they had Steve Smith and Benjamin I think they could win the NFC. I just think in January somebody will down to Charlotte and beat them. I live in Charlotte and was at that MNF game Kuecley bear hugged Gronk on the last play it was clear PI and they threw a flag and then picked it up.

Giants are dangerous if they get in. I agree their schedule is really tough.That is why I want the Pats to lose to the Eagles.

I think the redskins might have the more favorable schedule.

I think the redskins might have the more favorable schedule.
Cowboys could go 9-7 more likely than the Redskins winning the NFC East. They still play @Panthers, Bills, Cowboys x2, Giants, @Eagles. @Bears.
I can't see Washington winning 5 of these games.
NFC East is Giants or Eagles unless Cowboys win out.

Cowboys could go 9-7 more likely than the Redskins winning the NFC East. They still play @Panthers, Bills, Cowboys x2, Giants, @Eagles. @Bears.
I can't see Washington winning 5 of these games.
NFC East is Giants or Eagles unless Cowboys win out.

I think if we win this week, we can go on a run, if not we are done. The redskins schedule isn't that tough, they got us twice, who knows what we will look like then, they get buffalo at home, the Bears, and Eagles, and they get the Giants at home.

Bills fans who think they can win in Foxboro this week are :crazy:. I went back and looked and the Patriots haven't lost a game at home they tried to win in the Regular season since week 15 2012 against San Fran. I'm not counting last year in the last game of the season when the Pats rested everyone against the Bills when they already had home field wrapped up. Monday Night on national television, the Bills have no shot, especially with Rex being obsessed with Belichick and Brady.

Bills fans who think they can win in Foxboro this week are :crazy:. I went back and looked and the Patriots haven't lost a game at home they tried to win in the Regular season since week 15 2012 against San Fran. I'm not counting last year in the last game of the season when the Pats rested everyone against the Bills when they already had home field wrapped up. Monday Night on national television, the Bills have no shot, especially with Rex being obsessed with Belichick and Brady.
I would agree but I give the Bills a chance if the Pats turn the ball over. I think they win because they are money at home and they are getting three starting OL back this week for a good Buffalo DL.

Keyshawn Martin is player I would pickup in fantasy unless Danny Amendola is available. They will make plays with Brady throwing to them. I would expect the Bills to double Gronk and Brady to throw short passes to Amendola/Martin.

I think the Pats will keep Taylor in the pocket and put Butler on Watkins. I think Woods/Clay will have good days for the Bills.

I think the final score will be 30-21 Pats in that range. Rex plays the Pats tough but he is 1-8 in his last 9 against NE. I think it will be 1-9.

I would agree but I give the Bills a chance if the Pats turn the ball over. I think they win because they are money at home and they are getting three starting OL back this week for a good Buffalo DL.

Keyshawn Martin is player I would pickup in fantasy unless Danny Amendola is available. They will make plays with Brady throwing to them. I would expect the Bills to double Gronk and Brady to throw short passes to Amendola/Martin.

I think the Pats will keep Taylor in the pocket and put Butler on Watkins. I think Woods/Clay will have good days for the Bills.

I think the final score will be 30-21 Pats in that range. Rex plays the Pats tough but he is 1-8 in his last 9 against NE. I think it will be 1-9.

I picked up Keyshawn this week. My WR corps went from really good to hurting in one week when Steve Smith and Keenan Allen went down. I still have AJ Green, Willie Snead and Stefon Diggs but AJ has struggled in recent weeks and Diggs and Snead have come back to earth after a really good few weeks.

I picked up Keyshawn this week. My WR corps went from really good to hurting in one week when Steve Smith and Keenan Allen went down. I still have AJ Green, Willie Snead and Stefon Diggs but AJ has struggled in recent weeks and Diggs and Snead have come back to earth after a really good few weeks.
I have Dalton as my QB and I forget whenever its Primetime bench him. Green as well. Still you gotta start Green every week even though they play at Cards on SNF this week.
Snead will still have good weeks and Diggs is a stud but Bridgewater was hurt so they have run more.

I would start Martin as a flex. He is going to get targets in the 3 wide plays for the Pats. I would expect Gronk and Amendola to get the top attention. I would think Martin and Scott Chandler will get more catches as well. NE will not try to run against Buffalo unless Darius is out. Buffalo run D is really solid.

How does the Bills DL look like tonight?
If Brady gets time he will score 28-31 points. I think the Pats OL will be Volmer/Jackson/Andrews/Stork/Cannon tonight which is the healthiest it has been since week 5.

Pats have the #2 rush D so it will be interesting if the Bills try to run or copy the Giants and go 3 wide all night.

Should be a 4 quarter tight game. With Bills/Broncos back to back I just want a split because with Manning likely done and the Broncos actually have a decent QB this year that game is now tougher. Osweiler's game was better than all but 1 Manning game this year.

How does the Bills DL look like tonight?
If Brady gets time he will score 28-31 points. I think the Pats OL will be Volmer/Jackson/Andrews/Stork/Cannon tonight which is the healthiest it has been since week 5.

Pats have the #2 rush D so it will be interesting if the Bills try to run or copy the Giants and go 3 wide all night.

Should be a 4 quarter tight game. With Bills/Broncos back to back I just want a split because with Manning likely done and the Broncos actually have a decent QB this year that game is now tougher. Osweiler's game was better than all but 1 Manning game this year.

Osweiler was good. They still played incredibly conservative though. I think the Patriots will destroy that O-Line if healthy regardless who the QB is.

I'm not as high on the Bills tonight as a lot of people are.

Osweiler was good. They still played incredibly conservative though. I think the Patriots will destroy that O-Line if healthy regardless who the QB is.

I'm not as high on the Bills tonight as a lot of people are.
Manning was the worst non-Manziel/Mallett starting QB. He had the most turnovers in the NFL and couldn't run Kubiak's offense.
Denver upgraded at the QB position. They now could be more scary than Pittsburgh in the AFC. Their D is good but NE is going to score in the 20's against them esp. in the playoffs when Edelman will be back.

Buffalo has a puncher's chance but this game in Foxboro means the Pats need multiple turnovers and the Bills control the tempo. Pats run D has been the best in the NFL since week 2 they are 2nd overall. Buffalo needs to be aggressive and throw tonight. I wouldn't bet on this game because I expect NE to win but Buffalo could backdoor cover.

Manning was the worst non-Manziel/Mallett starting QB. He had the most turnovers in the NFL and couldn't run Kubiak's offense.
Denver upgraded at the QB position. They now could be more scary than Pittsburgh in the AFC. Their D is good but NE is going to score in the 20's against them esp. in the playoffs when Edelman will be back.

Buffalo has a puncher's chance but this game in Foxboro means the Pats need multiple turnovers and the Bills control the tempo. Pats run D has been the best in the NFL since week 2 they are 2nd overall. Buffalo needs to be aggressive and throw tonight. I wouldn't bet on this game because I expect NE to win but Buffalo could backdoor cover.

I could see the backdoor cover... I also think if they are aggressive Taylor could have some turnovers now that the Pats have seen him once.

It's easily apparent that Osweiler is the better QB in Denver

I think everyone is in agreement Manning is done, besides himself. There are no bullets left in that arm. He should of retired after last season. Now there is talk he wants to play somewhere else next year according to Mike Florio? His physical limitations have started to creep into his decision making as well. He just hasn't aged as well as some of his rivals for whatever reason.

It's the same as watching Kobe try to play basketball right now.

I could see the backdoor cover... I also think if they are aggressive Taylor could have some turnovers now that the Pats have seen him once.

I think everyone is in agreement Manning is done, besides himself. There are no bullets left in that arm. He should of retired after last season. Now there is talk he wants to play somewhere else next year according to Mike Florio? His physical limitations have started to creep into his decision making as well. He just hasn't aged as well as some of his rivals for whatever reason.

Outside of the Houston Texans I couldn't see another NFL team signing Peyton Manning next year. He won't sign with an NFC team because he doesn't want to have to go thru Eli potentially that was part of the reason Eli didn't want to go to San Diego.

He needs a Dome to play in and no other AFC team makes sense.

NE's run defense is ok but nothing special. Certainly not as good as the Jets. I assume you're going by total yards which is horribly flawed for obvious reasons. The Bills have been pretty bad vs the run.
It seems like NE fans are afraid of losing their "football fan card" so they pretend to worry about the OL as if it matters when it clearly doesn't. Line up 4 rookies and a water boy, who cares. Dink, dunk, dink, oh a seam to Gronk, never throw a deep out or anything. It's the most inexplicable thing in the history of sports that offense can be so unstoppable. I wish we could just forfeit and get out healthy as KC is a bigger game.

NE's run defense is ok but nothing special. Certainly not as good as the Jets. I assume you're going by total yards which is horribly flawed for obvious reasons. The Bills have been pretty bad vs the run.
It seems like NE fans are afraid of losing their "football fan card" so they pretend to worry about the OL as if it matters when it clearly doesn't. Line up 4 rookies and a water boy, who cares. Dink, dunk, dink, oh a seam to Gronk, never throw a deep out or anything. It's the most inexplicable thing in the history of sports that offense can be so unstoppable. I wish we could just forfeit and get out healthy as KC is a bigger game.
If we start Flemming at LT and Stork at RT for more games it will get Brady killed. The Giants hammered Brady last week. He got sacked a lot of times and fumbled twice.

Bills have a legit pass rush the Giants had a poor pass rush even with JPP. Pats are lucky Vollmer/Cannon are coming back and not the 4th string LT/RTs and Jackson is a good guard for depth.

It will be close I expect NE to win but I agree if Bills were told they would go 1-1 in the Pats/Chiefs game the KC win would mean a lot more to get into the playoffs. As Pittsburgh is getting 1 wild card and the Chiefs/Jets/Bills/Raiders/Texans/Colts are fighting for the other.

Obviously happy with Osweiler, but it's one game. Since manning got hurt and played while hurt last game, everyone's kicking the guy more. We might wind up needing him. Him healthy was GB and Colts games. He played his 2 best games of the year. Obviously it's any ones guess if he can get healthy again at all. I've learned to not react good or bad off a qb in his first start, but that was a much needed win and is encouraging.

Obviously happy with Osweiler, but it's one game. Since manning got hurt and played while hurt last game, everyone's kicking the guy more. We might wind up needing him. Him healthy was GB and Colts games. He played his 2 best games of the year. Obviously it's any ones guess if he can get healthy again at all. I've learned to not react good or bad off a qb in his first start, but that was a much needed win and is encouraging.
I am not naive enough to not realize Brady will eventually stop being the elite QB he is. However, it was obvious watching the Broncos this year in most of their games the QB play wasn't bad it bottom 5 in the league and the D was carrying the team.

Osweiler only has to be a middle of the road QB and they are dangerous because of that D. Osweiler didn't put the D in a tough position by avoiding any turnovers. Manning's Ints were putting a lot of stress on a good D.

Manning looked good against the Packers after a bye week. The Colts game was not a great game he played horrible in the first half and good in the second half. If Peyton played the whole game like the second half they win.

Osweiler brought the bootleg to the Denver O and Daniels was wide open all game yesterday. The running game was good because Osweiler was under center. Osweiler scares me more Sunday Night than Peyton would have.

This game became tilted towards Denver because of the QB change.

I am not naive enough to not realize Brady will eventually stop being the elite QB he is. However, it was obvious watching the Broncos this year in most of their games the QB play wasn't bad it bottom 5 in the league and the D was carrying the team.

Osweiler only has to be a middle of the road QB and they are dangerous because of that D. Osweiler didn't put the D in a tough position by avoiding any turnovers. Manning's Ints were putting a lot of stress on a good D.

Manning looked good against the Packers after a bye week. The Colts game was not a great game he played horrible in the first half and good in the second half. If Peyton played the whole game like the second half they win.

Osweiler brought the bootleg to the Denver O and Daniels was wide open all game yesterday. The running game was good because Osweiler was under center. Osweiler scares me more Sunday Night than Peyton would have.

This game became tilted towards Denver because of the QB change.
I'll be very literal and objective as a person who doesn't miss a snap w my team. That colts game was not on Peyton. There's so much to get into and its old on that game already, ie. Personal fouls that gave that game away. And all this isn't to mention what guys who get paid to grade a player on every single play in a game said, his highest grade of the season. Peyton struggled with the boot the first 3 games, after he learned it and got comfortable I don't think he had an incompletion on one, ok I'll say one for the sake of being literal.

Would it shock anyone if Osweiler had a bad game this Sunday night? Not me, he'll be in his second start in the nfl, going against the team you need the most brains for. That said, it also puts the pressure for that game on the pats. Can't wait

Is Buffalo for real with how they played/called that end of half drive?

Everyone knew what would happen. Throwing passes in run downs, players running out of bounds stopping clock. Players dropping passes. Just awful.

That inadvertent whistle was hilarious. Cost the Pats a likely touchdown. It's to the point, that officiating on football is seriously ruining the product on the field.

That inadvertent whistle was hilarious. Cost the Pats a likely touchdown. It's to the point, that officiating on football is seriously ruining the product on the field.

No it didn't, you're falling for the absurd NFL line...

This game has been another absurd game. ZERO discretionary penalties against the Patritos

The DB stopped playing due to the whistle