2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Based on today's action, there should have NEVER been any taunting or Unsportsmanlike penalties against the Buffalo Bills this year.

The NFL is a joke whose rules are a sham and are delivered in a manner meant to create a desired outcome.

No one will convince me of anything else. Absolute joke.

Players strut and snap all over the field, I ONLY see Buffalo Bills called for taunting and such fouls.

League is a joke.

Again, you ignore the shots the others were taking also. Was OBJ bring a jerk? Yep. But so were the 2 Carolina players. Every replay except one showed them taking a shot whether OBJ did or not.

They were instigating and he was taking the bait every single time and then some. Grabbing Normans foot was beyond dumb...obviously the refs will see that. At least with the back and forth pushing and hands to the face, there's a good chance both guys get the flag.

The helmet to helmet spear was as bad as it gets though. Those guys were instigating but they didn't do anything like that was intended to cause serious injury. He's going to get suspended IMO and he deserves it. He put himself above the team and it's inexcusable. It wasn't one play where he lost his mind. It was 3 quarters of the game basically. I'm concerned going forward. This was by far the worst example, but it's the 3rd game this year where he was more concerned with personal battles than anything else(Bills, Patriots) and was off his game as a result.

OrangeDW said:
They were instigating and he was taking the bait every single time and then some. Grabbing Normans foot was beyond dumb...obviously the refs will see that. At least with the back and forth pushing and hands to the face, there's a good chance both guys get the flag.

The helmet to helmet spear was as bad as it gets though. Those guys were instigating but they didn't do anything like that was intended to cause serious injury. He's going to get suspended IMO and he deserves it. He put himself above the team and it's inexcusable. It wasn't one play where he lost his mind. It was 3 quarters of the game basically. I'm concerned going forward. This was by far the worst example, but it's the 3rd game this year where he was more concerned with personal battles than anything else(Bills, Patriots) and was off his game as a result.

Think today was the final straw in the TC case to remain. OBJ was lucky to not get a flag in the first half and the kid should have been taken out of the game for a series and read the riot act about hurting the team. Instead, Tom just said "I'm not sure what his issue is but he needs to figure it out". That's his job, and he neglected to do it in the third quarter too.

What Odell did today was about as low class as it gets, I get Tom is coaching for his job and the playoffs but that's not Giants football and for a man that preaches discipline that was a pretty bad showing.

Norman got in his head and he was poor in reacting, but he makes that first catch for a TD, he's got the upperhand. In my opinion, as a Giants fan, the Panthers did nothing to warrant his response, mainly because it's not the first game he's acted like this.

A suspension is probably on his way, on top of the fines.

OrangeDW said:
They were instigating and he was taking the bait every single time and then some. Grabbing Normans foot was beyond dumb...obviously the refs will see that. At least with the back and forth pushing and hands to the face, there's a good chance both guys get the flag. The helmet to helmet spear was as bad as it gets though. Those guys were instigating but they didn't do anything like that was intended to cause serious injury. He's going to get suspended IMO and he deserves it. He put himself above the team and it's inexcusable. It wasn't one play where he lost his mind. It was 3 quarters of the game basically. I'm concerned going forward. This was by far the worst example, but it's the 3rd game this year where he was more concerned with personal battles than anything else(Bills, Patriots) and was off his game as a result.

The helmet to helmet was bad. But Norman was every bit wrong as OBJ and video shows that. He went hands to the face and arms to the helmet every bit as much as OBJ. Even on run plays to the opposite side, which replay even showed. The announcers as well as posters here want to ignore that.

OBJ should be suspended for that helmet blind side cheap shot. I don't care Norman was dirty as well. Beckham was lucky not to get ejected.

He will be fined heavily and should get 1 game suspension if the NFL cares about player safety.

Giants are done if the Eagles win tonight.

Steelers were the big winners today. They have the best offense in the NFL right now. I actually want the Pats to tank the game to the Jets to hope the Steelers don't get in. If they beat Miami they will be the 1 seed.
Kansas City could win the AFC West if Cincinnati beats Denver.

OBJ should be suspended for that helmet blind side cheap shot. I don't care Norman was dirty as well. Beckham was lucky not to get ejected.

He will be fined heavily and should get 1 game suspension if the NFL cares about player safety.

Giants are done if the Eagles win tonight.

Steelers were the big winners today. They have the best offense in the NFL right now. I actually want the Pats to tank the game to the Jets to hope the Steelers don't get in. If they beat Miami they will be the 1 seed.
Kansas City could win the AFC West if Cincinnati beats Denver.

He should have been thrown out of the game, and Coughlin should have benched him, no one is bigger than the game. That Giants are done. I hear you, I would not want to play the Steelers right now.

Briancuse said:
He should have been thrown out of the game, and Coughlin should have benched him, no one is bigger than the game. That Giants are done. I hear you, I would not want to play the Steelers right now.

Giants aren't done.

Based on today's action, there should have NEVER been any taunting or Unsportsmanlike penalties against the Buffalo Bills this year.

The NFL is a joke whose rules are a sham and are delivered in a manner meant to create a desired outcome.

No one will convince me of anything else. Absolute joke.

Players strut and snap all over the field, I ONLY see Buffalo Bills called for taunting and such fouls.

League is a joke.

The NFL, not unlike the NBA, is about making money.Period. The only differnce is that they use different shaped balls do do it.

Briancuse said:
So the Giants are going to beat min and phi, and wash is going to lose to phi and dal?

Since that can happen, the Giants aren't done.

The helmet to helmet was bad. But Norman was every bit wrong as OBJ and video shows that. He went hands to the face and arms to the helmet every bit as much as OBJ. Even on run plays to the opposite side, which replay even showed. The announcers as well as posters here want to ignore that.

Norman had some culpability but BY FAR the blame goes to OBJ. He became unhinged. Even his coach, the NY media, NYG fans, everybody sees it pretty much as it was.

Since that can happen, the Giants aren't done.

Mathematically no, but the odds of all those things happening are between slim and none. The Giants haven't beaten a good team all year, what even makes you think they can win at Min next week?

Briancuse said:
Mathematically no, but the odds of all those things happening are between slim and none. The Giants haven't beaten a good team all year, what even makes you think they can win at Min next week?

Backs against the wall.

Playoff picture
NFC
1. Carolina 14-0-they are a lock for HFA in the NFC
2. Arizona 12-2. They have to beat GB or Seattle to lockup the 2 seed.
3. Green Bay 10-4. They need to beat Min week 17 to clinch or the North or have NYG beat Min and they win in Arizona to clinch it this week.
4. Washington 7-7 They beat Philly they clinch the NFC East if Philly beats Washington then NYG-Philly becomes NFC East winner if NYG beat Min and Dallas beat Washington. If Philly wins against Washington and Washington beats Dallas then NYG are out and Philly -NYG is a Philly win and in game.
5. Seattle 9-5. They have clinched a playoff berth and pretty much a lock to be the 5 seed unless Minnesota wins the NFC North.
6. Minnesota 9-5. If they win out they will win the North division. They beat NYG this week and Min-GB will be the SNF game week 17 as it would be for the division.
Still alive Philly/NYG 6-8. Barely alive NYG they need what I described above. Philly just needs to win both games and they are in.

AFC
1. New England 12-2. Need to win 1 game and they clinch HFA.
2. Cincinnati 11-3. Beat Denver they clinch 2 seed. Lose they will likely be 3 seed unless SD beat Denver
3. Denver 10-4. Denver could be the 2,3,5,6 seed. If they beat Cincy/SD they will be 2 seed. If they lose 1 game and KC wins out they will be a wildcard. Likely the 6 seed if Pittsburgh won out as well.
4. Houston 7-7. Horrible team who can clinch the division with a win at Tennessee this week.
5. Kansas City 9-5. Captain Checkdown has won a lot of games this year against bad teams. I have looked at this team's schedule and am amazed at their season. Good D but the offense without Charles isn't going to win a SB.
6. Pittsburgh 9-5. Most dangerous team in the AFC and probably the best right now. NE-Pitt divisional round would be the de facto AFC title game IMO.

Still alive: NY Jets 9-5. They need to win out and have KC/Pit lose a game. Indy 6-8. They need to win out and have Houston lose out with Brendan Weeden it is possible.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
NFL discussing discipline for Odell Beckham Jr. this morning, but based on conversations with league sources, a 1-game suspension is likely.

I am shocked the NFL will do the right thing. I don't trust the NFL at all. OBJ should be suspended that was as dirty a game as I have ever seen from a non-lineman or Rodney Harrison in an NFL game.

BTW can a mod change the title of this thread to 2015 NFL season general discussion thread.

Alsacs said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago NFL discussing discipline for Odell Beckham Jr. this morning, but based on conversations with league sources, a 1-game suspension is likely. I am shocked the NFL will do the right thing. I don't trust the NFL at all. OBJ should be suspended that was as dirty a game as I have ever seen from a non-lineman or Rodney Harrison in an NFL game.

Norman should also be suspended or at the very least heavily fined.

Playoff picture
NFC
1. Carolina 14-0-they are a lock for HFA in the NFC
2. Arizona 12-2. They have to beat GB or Seattle to lockup the 2 seed.
3. Green Bay 10-4. They need to beat Min week 17 to clinch or the North or have NYG beat Min and they win in Arizona to clinch it this week.
4. Washington 7-7 They beat Philly they clinch the NFC East if Philly beats Washington then NYG-Philly becomes NFC East winner if NYG beat Min and Dallas beat Washington. If Philly wins against Washington and Washington beats Dallas then NYG are out and Philly -NYG is a Philly win and in game.
5. Seattle 9-5. They have clinched a playoff berth and pretty much a lock to be the 5 seed unless Minnesota wins the NFC North.
6. Minnesota 9-5. If they win out they will win the North division. They beat NYG this week and Min-GB will be the SNF game week 17 as it would be for the division.
Still alive Philly/NYG 6-8. Barely alive NYG they need what I described above. Philly just needs to win both games and they are in.

AFC
1. New England 12-2. Need to win 1 game and they clinch HFA.
2. Cincinnati 11-3. Beat Denver they clinch 2 seed. Lose they will likely be 3 seed unless SD beat Denver
3. Denver 10-4. Denver could be the 2,3,5,6 seed. If they beat Cincy/SD they will be 2 seed. If they lose 1 game and KC wins out they will be a wildcard. Likely the 6 seed if Pittsburgh won out as well.
4. Houston 7-7. Horrible team who can clinch the division with a win at Tennessee this week.
5. Kansas City 9-5. Captain Checkdown has won a lot of games this year against bad teams. I have looked at this team's schedule and am amazed at their season. Good D but the offense without Charles isn't going to win a SB.
6. Pittsburgh 9-5. Most dangerous team in the AFC and probably the best right now. NE-Pitt divisional round would be the de facto AFC title game IMO.

Still alive: NY Jets 9-5. They need to win out and have KC/Pit lose a game. Indy 6-8. They need to win out and have Houston lose out with Brendan Weeden it is possible.

The annual December tradition is upon us - no I'm not talking about Christmas. The Buffalo Bills continue their annual quest to prove I'm not a fair weather fan by being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. The Bills playoff drought is now a legal driver in most states.

The annual December tradition is upon us - no I'm not talking about Christmas. The Buffalo Bills continue their annual quest to prove I'm not a fair weather fan by being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. The Bills playoff drought is now a legal driver in most states.

How many Bills fans wish they still had Marrone??