2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

you can easily send a flunky to rams and iggs games, have him tape it and break it down.

then come into the coaches room and go...'youre right. vermeil and reid havnt changed a signal all year'.

The most damning thing, as far as I know, is that the Pats were warned not to engage in these activities and they did it anyway. If true that makes it hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The most damning thing, as far as I know, is that the Pats were warned not to engage in these activities and they did it anyway. If true that makes it hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.
It wasn't just the Pats. Ray Anderson sent a memo telling teams stopping record basically from the sidelines. Belichick disobeyed that and got nailed. Below is what the memo said was legal and illegal. Belichick got nailed because he was arrogant and didn't care.
upload_2016-1-4_12-9-47.jpeg

Where the all-22 cameras for taping was legal but not the sideline. Belichick was arrogant for that and got he deserved.

Who would go to a game and bring a videorecorder and only record the coaches on the sidelines?

Madden was saying divisional teams would record the coaches on the sideline and then lineup that with game and try to match them up.

I doubt teams would do that and anyway since Spygate they put the green dot player on defense so nowadays signaling is gone both ways.
you lost me there.

who would do it??

flunkys trying to break into coaching who were told by the HC to go do just that.

If I am the Philadelphia Eagles I mean you gotta interview Tom Coughlin for the HC job. Just to pick his mind and if it knocks it out OMG.

If I am the Philadelphia Eagles I mean you gotta interview Tom Coughlin for the HC job. Just to pick his mind and if it knocks it out OMG.

I wouldn't want to hire TC but I'd like to see him employed in the NFC because he's one of the few we've owned over the recent past. That said, I have a lot of respect for the guy. He modified his style to fit with the times and made it work. The Beckham incident wasn't his finest hour but he's had a helluva career and might end up in Canton one day.

every job makes sense, few make sense for him.

the iggs being a borderline flagship one would, but i dont think its a right fit.

id like to see Goodell hire him in some capacity.

like Torre and MLB.

every job makes sense, few make sense for him.

the iggs being a borderline flagship one would, but i dont think its a right fit.

id like to see Goodell hire him in some capacity.

like Torre and MLB.

For TC's sake I hope he wouldn't take the Eagles job if offered. He'd be stuck with a GM less competent than the one he just left. Philly's front office is rife with dysfunction.

For TC's sake I hope he wouldn't take the Eagles job if offered. He'd be stuck with a GM less competent than the one he just left. Philly's front office is rife with dysfunction.

Dude should just retire. Good lord. Enough is enough, everybody has an end to their career. Some just have a tougher time getting there.

so its being reported that the Giants are interested in chip kelly.

so all you of 'doogie has all these interviews lined up' people know your role.

and the role is that of being duped or believing everything you hear.

Josh McDaniels will likely getting interviewed by the NYG.

I believe Mike Florio when he says Marrone has interviews with Miami, Cleveland, and Tennessee. Marrone is getting a HC job. He for some reason is a hot candidate.

Josh McDaniels will likely getting interviewed by the NYG.

I believe Mike Florio when he says Marrone has interviews with Miami, Cleveland, and Tennessee. Marrone is getting a HC job. He for some reason is a hot candidate.
job pool is incredibly weak.

and to take my quitter hat off for a second (just a second...) he didnt fail at buffalo.

but that candidate pool is why i didnt want TC gone.

i think they made a mistake, this was not the year for him to be nudged towards the door.

job pool is incredibly weak.

and to take my quitter hat off for a second (just a second...) he didnt fail at buffalo.

but that candidate pool is why i didnt want TC gone.

i think they made a mistake, this was not the year for him to be nudged towards the door.
I said in the other thread if I were the Giants, Colts, Eagles I would call Nick Saban.

Saban won't leave for a non-elite NFL job. Saban could win the SB at those spots.

Dude should just retire. Good lord. Enough is enough, everybody has an end to their career. Some just have a tougher time getting there.

I agree but he said he was open to the right opportunity.

so its being reported that the Giants are interested in chip kelly.

so all you of 'doogie has all these interviews lined up' people know your role.

and the role is that of being duped or believing everything you hear.

Yeah I wouldn't believe that for a second. Horrible fit.

That said, with so many openings somebody will probably hire Kelly.

francesa said kelly wanted SF and that tenn might be interested, but kelly was looking west for sure.

A truly terrible fit. The NYFG's are a 'family' organization. One article said one of the reasons (not the only, obv) Kelly was fired was his inability to relate to the players. The example given was Kelly forcing the organization to change the date of the Christmas party because it interfered with his schedule. They had to change the party from a nighttime affair to an afternoon get-together. Ownership was not happy. Probably the final straw.

Pagano just got an extension.

Which is odd considering alsacs, lacanfora or 1 of the other privates in marrones army had him interviewing there tomorrow.

The sources have done enough work that should get the ball rolling on an investigation from other places. Instead we are getting ESPN circling the wagons behind the guy saying he denied it so there is no story at all. Then we get Jim Nantz practically sportgasming yesterday over the guy when he has been accused of using HGH.

If Peyton did HGH it should be investigated. The story has died down completely that is a joke. If Giselle Bunchen had HGH sent to her that story would be nuclear and would be on the backpages for the next 4 months.

However because Peyton does Papa John's commercials and says Omaha and kisses the frauds like Peter King and Chris Mortensen's butts they do nothing. The NFL doesn't care to destroy Manning. Manning has no benefit of the doubt.

He said he had a broken neck. How often do we see a player at 35 come back from a broken neck and do what Manning did in 2012, 2013. That 2013 season should be examined like Barry Bonds 73 Home Run season.
Honestly I think a key difference is the reservoir of good will. Manning has it because he seems like a decent guy who has a good sense of humor. Brady doesn't have it because he comes off as a smug dick who left his pregnant wife for a super model and plays for a team that has had past issues. Manning is Andy Pettitte writ large. Lesson I guess is - don't be a dick - be a good guy cuz that reservoir comes in handy when you need it.

Last edited:
Honestly I think a key difference is the reservoir of good will. Manning has it because he seems like a decent guy who has a good sense of humor. Brady doesn't have it because he comes off as a smug dick who left his pregnant wife for a super model and plays for a team that has had past issues. Manning is Andy Pettitte writ large. Lesson I guess is - don't be a dick - be a good guy cuz that reservoir comes in handy when you need it.
Interesting take and I believe it may have some merit but Peyton has done some stuff just like Brady did with Moyanhan. Peyton had to pay off a female trainer from the University of Tennessee but that stuff never went national. He paid a good amount of money to settle and keep it quiet. Manning is protected because the NFL owners didn't to push Goodell to do anything. Brady got the investigation because the owners hate Belichick and he paid for the sins of others.
Manning and Brady are the same guy and in fact people don't know this but they are pretty close friends and golf partners.

I can't believe both Pagano and Grigson both got extended in Indy. Everything I read said there relationship had just gotten horrible so one or the other had to go, if not both. I still think Pagano is a good coach so I was thinking Grigson would be gone.

I can't believe both Pagano and Grigson both got extended in Indy. Everything I read said there relationship had just gotten horrible so one or the other had to go, if not both. I still think Pagano is a good coach so I was thinking Grigson would be gone.
upload_2016-1-5_8-15-58.jpeg

This play call got a 4 year extension. I honestly don't get either guy keep their job. I think Andrew Luck's injury can be the only reason but the roster sucks outside of Luck. Their roster should be a lot younger but its older and not great.

View attachment 54623

This play call got a 4 year extension. I honestly don't get either guy keep their job. I think Andrew Luck's injury can be the only reason but the roster sucks outside of Luck. Their roster should be a lot younger but its older and not great.

11-5 seasons, 3 of them and one 8-8, why would should he be fired, for one bad play? All sorts of injuries as well. Understanding he was sick for 1st one but the media combined with a wing nut owner really stirred up a hornets nest here. He also will have his OC next year as well.

Don't understand all the fire Pagano stuff. Only reason Kelly was fired because of his arrogance, unwillingness to give up total control and the players hate him, not for his record.

I guess a lot of people in Indy have suggested that story was manufactured by Gregg Doyel.