2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Honestly I think a key difference is the reservoir of good will. Manning has it because he seems like a decent guy who has a good sense of humor. Brady doesn't have it because he comes off as a smug dick who left his pregnant wife for a super model and plays for a team that has had past issues. Manning is Andy Pettitte writ large. Lesson I guess is - don't be a dick - be a good guy cuz that reservoir comes in handy when you need it.

And this is surprising to people? It's just good business and I actually don't hate Brady

Josh McDaniels will likely getting interviewed by the NYG.

I believe Mike Florio when he says Marrone has interviews with Miami, Cleveland, and Tennessee. Marrone is getting a HC job. He for some reason is a hot candidate.

If Payton leaves the Saints, I would love Mcdaniels. I didn't think he got a fair shake the first time around in Denver, but it probably didn't help he drafted Tebow. I think he and Brees would be great together.

11-5 seasons, 3 of them and one 8-8, why would should he be fired, for one bad play? All sorts of injuries as well. Understanding he was sick for 1st one but the media combined with a wing nut owner really stirred up a hornets nest here. He also will have his OC next year as well.

Don't understand all the fire Pagano stuff. Only reason Kelly was fired because of his arrogance, unwillingness to give up total control and the players hate him, not for his record.
Record 41-23
Record against AFC South 22-2
Record against AFC East 3-7
Record against AFC North 3-3
Record against AFC West 4-4
Record against NFC North 3-1
Record against NFC East 2-2
Record against NFC West 2-2
Record against NFC South 2-2

There record is overblown. They have beaten up on the Titans, Texans, Jaguars. WOW good job. Pagano is not great. They have won the AFC South put the Colts in another division they aren't likely a playoff team. Their roster sucks outside of Luck and few guys.

If Payton leaves the Saints, I would love Mcdaniels. I didn't think he got a fair shake the first time around in Denver, but it probably didn't help he drafted Tebow. I think he and Brees would be great together.

I don't think Brees will be back unless he takes a pay cut

Record 41-23
Record against AFC South 22-2
Record against AFC East 3-7
Record against AFC North 3-3
Record against AFC West 4-4
Record against NFC North 3-1
Record against NFC East 2-2
Record against NFC West 2-2
Record against NFC South 2-2

There record is overblown. They have beaten up on the Titans, Texans, Jaguars. WOW good job. Pagano is not great. They have won the AFC South put the Colts in another division they aren't likely a playoff team. Their roster sucks outside of Luck and few guys.

The record is the record, you don't fire an NFL coach who made playoffs 3 of 4 seasons. Not good business

I don't think Brees will be back unless he takes a pay cut

I don't see it. That National media is driving that narrative IMO. He will re-structure before he leaves. He had a great year. Cut off about 15 million from his base this year and spend that on defense, and you can contend again.

I don't see it. That National media is driving that narrative IMO. He will re-structure before he leaves. He had a great year. Cut off about 15 million from his base this year and spend that on defense, and you can contend again.
All they have to do is take 15 million from the base and turn it into a signing bonus which he gets paid immediately and can be spread over the life of the contract. So while the Saints would have some dead money on their cap when Brees retired it would probably be an extension of 5-6 years and hit becomes 2.5-3 million per instead of 15 million next year.

The Saints have to decide if they want a full rebuild or still try to contend. Honestly I don't know as I don't know how close they are. The Panthers look like a 10-12 win team for the next few years and Bucs are on the upswing.
Saints have some young talent on the roster. They will get a good pick for Payton. They could have 3 top 50 picks this draft. Top 50 picks should be starters. The biggest mistake was Andres Peat. He should be the RT next year or it was a bad pick.

All they have to do is take 15 million from the base and turn it into a signing bonus which he gets paid immediately and can be spread over the life of the contract. So while the Saints would have some dead money on their cap when Brees retired it would probably be an extension of 5-6 years and hit becomes 2.5-3 million per instead of 15 million next year.

The Saints have to decide if they want a full rebuild or still try to contend. Honestly I don't know as I don't know how close they are. The Panthers look like a 10-12 win team for the next few years and Bucs are on the upswing.
Saints have some young talent on the roster. They will get a good pick for Payton. They could have 3 top 50 picks this draft. Top 50 picks should be starters. The biggest mistake was Andres Peat. He should be the RT next year or it was a bad pick.

We scored over 400 points again. The problem was we gave up almost 500. 32nd in points allowed and 31st in yards allowed. I don't even know who we would bring in as a D. coordinator. Can we bring Gregg Williams back? I know that'll never happen, but first thing they need to do is cut Brandon Browner.

I wouldn't be shocked. Doyle seems like the type. Never been a huge fan of his.
Doyle seems legitimately unhinged with how he behaves. I don't want to insult because I honestly feel bad sometimes listening to him. He is just fragile and seems sad sometimes.

We scored over 400 points again. The problem was we gave up almost 500. 32nd in points allowed and 31st in yards allowed. I don't even know who we would bring in as a D. coordinator. Can we bring Gregg Williams back? I know that'll never happen, but first thing they need to do is cut Brandon Browner.
There first and second picks should all be on defense. Spending a single pick in those rounds on offense would be utter stupidity. If Doug Marrone gets the job you can bank on Jim Schwartz most likely be his first call for a D Coordinator he is from the Gregg Williams tree.

Dan Dakich is killing Bob Kravitz today regarding the Colts. Worth following on twitter if the Colts mess interests anyone.

There first and second picks should all be on defense. Spending a single pick in those rounds on offense would be utter stupidity. If Doug Marrone gets the job you can bank on Jim Schwartz most likely be his first call for a D Coordinator he is from the Gregg Williams tree.

I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. Marrone wouldn't be able to handle the NY media with the Giants, but New Orleans is a perfect spot for him.

guy for life! Complete dumpster fire. He was like a little kid here, day he gets here plots to move Cutler out for freakin Matt Cassel, lies about it, blows up our whole offense that was poised to be one of the best in the league. Get's into arguments with Charger's players in the parking lot BEFORE the game. I could go on and on, he was a disgrace. Then he had to move back to dads basement.

I was just told in a text to lookout for the Dolphins and Tom Coughlin.
That as a Pats fan would scare me as a great hire for them.
Parcells has influence in Miami still and likes Coughlin

I was just told in a text to lookout for the Dolphins and Tom Coughlin.
That as a Pats fan would scare me as a great hire for them.
Parcells has influence in Miami still and likes Coughlin

The Phins have some great talent on both sides of the ball, their biggest problem this year was the regression in Tannehill. Not sure how Coughlin solves that problem as a short term coach.

Some people think Pagano's success was attributable to Bruce Arians.

He's was only there 1 year of a 4 year tenure, sure the 1st year it was really Arian's team because Pagano was sick

He's was only there 1 year of a 4 year tenure, sure the 1st year it was really Arian's team because Pagano was sick

But that was when they had their most success.

Heard an interesting stat on Jeff Fisher. In 21 years as a HC he has 6 winning seasons. What's his secret for staying gainfully employed?

Heard an interesting stat on Jeff Fisher. In 21 years as a HC he has 6 winning seasons. What's his secret for staying gainfully employed?

It's the mustache.

But seriously, I've been banging the "Fire Fisher" basically everywhere he's coached; I don't get it at all. He consistently underwhelms in terms of record and his teams consistently get talked about as being up-and-coming and then look like undisciplined, boring crap.