2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

CZLLrw1UMAAhIbT.png

Come on Denver let it snow. I love snow football games.

Yeah I was just looking at the forecast. I know a lot of people say it about a lot of places, but it's day to day for accuracy of the weather in Denver. I won't take anything seriously until Friday. No matter, should be great football weather. Funny, Saturday is sunny and 52 right now.

All right sports fan let's hear everyone's pick. We all know KaiserUEO will pick Denver and Arizona as he doesn't like the Pats and Panthers.

I have NFC title game. Panthers over Cardinals 27-21. I think Cam Newton is the difference. Carson Palmer was awful last week against Green Bay and I don't think he will go on the road and beat an underrated 16-1 Panthers team.

AFC title game Patriots over Broncos 31-20. In the last 24 games Julian Edelman has played for the Patriots are 23-1. The lone loss was at Green Bay last year. Edelman didn't play at Denver this year and the Patriots scored 24 points. I think he will be the difference maker for NE and the Pats offense will score enough to beat Manning. Manning's brain is elite but his arm is not and the Patriots will fill the box and double Thomas. and force Manning to throw seem routes and beat them. I think the Patriots roster is better than the Broncos roster and NE wins.

Super Bowl L Panthers vs. Patriots rematch of Super Bowl XXXVIII.

All right sports fan let's hear everyone's pick. We all know KaiserUEO will pick Denver and Arizona as he doesn't like the Pats and Panthers.

I have NFC title game. Panthers over Cardinals 27-21. I think Cam Newton is the difference. Carson Palmer was awful last week against Green Bay and I don't think he will go on the road and beat an underrated 16-1 Panthers team.

AFC title game Patriots over Broncos 31-20. In the last 24 games Julian Edelman has played for the Patriots are 23-1. The lone loss was at Green Bay last year. Edelman didn't play at Denver this year and the Patriots scored 24 points. I think he will be the difference maker for NE and the Pats offense will score enough to beat Manning. Manning's brain is elite but his arm is not and the Patriots will fill the box and double Thomas. and force Manning to throw seem routes and beat them. I think the Patriots roster is better than the Broncos roster and NE wins.

Super Bowl L Panthers vs. Patriots rematch of Super Bowl XXXVIII.

I'm going with:

Patriots: 27
Broncos: 17

Cardinals: 28
Panthers: 20

everybody and their grandmother will be taking the pats, so yeah...broncos it is.

this could be more important for Peyton than the SuperBowl.

broncos have a great D and Peyton will rise to occasion in 1 last hurrah and on a game winning drive after Brady scores to take the lead, he gets a last second FG...24-23 Denver.

Riverboat Arians and his great D will fluster Cam and Carson will look at Eli's game tape of 4 TDs and go...i can do that.

27-24 Arizona

Panthers/Patriots. They both Cover.

Cam has won a JuCo title, a BCS title and is going to win a Super Bowl and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I agree Pats roll as well. Peyton can barely throw a 15 yard out, let alone even think of taking the lid off a defense.

Denver 24-21
Player no one sees coming;
Denver- Vernon Davis
NE- James White

Carolina 27-24

Denver 24-21
Player no one sees coming;
Denver- Vernon Davis
NE- James White

Carolina 27-24
$1 says BB leaves vernon davis wide open until he proves he can catch.

And that's exactly why he makes a big play or 2
im all for it.

vernon has talent, dont know What has happened to him.

IMO: BB will do just that.

im all for it.

vernon has talent, dont know What has happened to him.

IMO: BB will do just that.
I just think that Kubiak knows BB will take away DT and to an extent Sanders, and he's got to have another weapon that can beat his guy, which won't be any pro bowl corner or safety.

The Pats gameplan on D is obvious.
Play Nickel, leave Hightower/Collins on the field for run support. Chung will be a S playing hybrid LB for the run and will play the TE in pass D.
Double D. Thomas, Butler on Sanders.
Leave one safety deep.

Get the Broncos into 3rd and 5+ and force Manning to throw the ball to beat them.
The Denver QBs have the worst QB rating in the history of the NFL to make a Conference Title game.
If the Denver pass rush can't slow Brady this game will be over. I have no doubt Denver will move the ball on drives on NE I just have confidence they keep them out of the endzone.

Pats lost 4 games but the only team to exploit their weakness was the NY Giants.

To beat NE you need to spread them out and target their 3rd CB in the passing game. Giants were the only team to do that effectively and the Pats really couldn't stop the Giants in their game. They just made a few plays and got lucky. They moved the ball in the air pretty much the whole game.

That is why Arizona would be a bad matchup for NE as they have Fitzgerald, the two Browns, Floyd and pass catching RBs.

Denver with Manning's arm can't really exploit the Pats weakness in pass D.

You can throw any fun facts or stats out the window now. They have to hit Brady to win. Make it a rock fight and Denver wins. Don't do that and Denver loses. That's my attempt at simplification.

The Pats gameplan on D is obvious.
Play Nickel, leave Hightower/Collins on the field for run support. Chung will be a S playing hybrid LB for the run and will play the TE in pass D.
Double D. Thomas, Butler on Sanders.
Leave one safety deep.

Get the Broncos into 3rd and 5+ and force Manning to throw the ball to beat them.
The Denver QBs have the worst QB rating in the history of the NFL to make a Conference Title game.
If the Denver pass rush can't slow Brady this game will be over. I have no doubt Denver will move the ball on drives on NE I just have confidence they keep them out of the endzone.

I think BB leaves D. Thomas open until he proves he won't drop it. Of course I say that tongue-in-cheek, but I don't think Thomas warrants a double team.

I think BB leaves D. Thomas open until he proves he won't drop it. Of course I say that tongue-in-cheek, but I don't think Thomas warrants a double team.
I guess (and that's all it is since we're talking BB), that since he likes to completely eliminate a top tier player of his choosing, that he might double DT. And yes I realize that directly contradicts what I said earlier in the week. But talking about what BB will and won't do I guess is pie in the sky stuff. But yeah I would think he could better utilize that 2nd defender somewhere else.

Thomas will not be played m2m he will have a safety bracketed over him. Thomas could break one tackle and go 70 yards.

Thomas will be double teamed with Ryan and Harmon likely the main duo on his side. Sanders will have Butler. McCourty will be the deep safety and Chung will be the guy on the TE and giving run support.

Oh dear Lord. Let it go!!!! I've been very good not posting anything on this, but you bring this nonsense up again? Your obsession is tiresome.
LOL you tell me my obsession is tiresome when an objective writer summarizes the case pretty fairly.
That article was fair it nailed the Patriots for the stuff in Spygate and showed this case in Deflategate was done with vindictiveness and not with the facts.
Your statement is totally going on offense because you don't want to acknowledge that Deflategate was a witchhunt and not a true fair investigation.

When I am wrong I say I am wrong. It is okay to admit the Patriots got railroaded and you don't like the team.

LOL you tell me my obsession is tiresome when an objective writer summarizes the case pretty fairly.
That article was fair it nailed the Patriots for the stuff in Spygate and showed this case in Deflategate was done with vindictiveness and not with the facts.
Your statement is totally going on offense because you don't want to acknowledge that Deflategate was a witchhunt and not a true fair investigation.

When I am wrong I say I am wrong. It is okay to admit the Patriots got railroaded and you don't like the team.

I don't like the team, that is true. I lived in Boston for 5 years and the fans there are completely annoying. My wife nearly getting punched at Foxboro for daring to wear a Bills hat was more than enough to prove that to me.

Do I think the NFL screwed up the investigation? Yes. The refs at the game essentially were idiots and did not provide defensible evidence.
Do I think the NFL went too far with the punishment? Probably. See my comment above.
Do I think the article you linked provided sufficient evidence to exonerate Brady and the "deflator"? Absolutely not. Not close. Here is a quote in the comments section that ties it all up nicely for me.
Mary - I watched the MIT professor's video lecture. I am not convinced his test replicates the real-world conditions for each team's footballs. In fact he acknowledges he guessed at the balls’ temperatures. He assumes that each set of footballs were subject to the same conditions on the field. I've seen some teams keep balls in a box on the sidelines and other times in a bag. How did the Colts and Patriots store their balls during the first half? He does not mention that anyone took the temperature of the balls in the locker room before the game or at halftime after being on the field for a couple hours. How can his test control for a key measurement that goes unmentioned? Without knowing the actual conditions he cannot test for accuracy with much reliability. While the estimate of 71 degrees in the locker room is probably accurate, probably does not cut it in science. It's also a guess that the balls fell to the same temperature as the field temperature, when he does not indicate he knows for a fact what the temperature of the balls were at halftime either. If he knew he would have said so. His other assumption is that the Colts balls PSI fell less sharply because "he surmises" they were probably tested later when the balls were warmer. A surmise is not scientific proof. Not that these flaws in the scientist's test procedures proves the NFL was right. Their testing likely suffers from the same flaws. But don't go using assumptions and guesses as scientific proof of anything.
Do I think Brady cheated? Yes, very likely. The fact that his boy was called the "deflator" was pretty much all I needed, but the reality is that other teams had seen this before, but Tommy's golden boy status prevented them from doing anything about it previously.
Do I think you would find a way to justify Brady eating freshly killed puppies with a side of toddler blood? Yup. Like most of the rabid NE fans I knew back in Boston, your bias is evident.

Just sayin'.

CuseFaninVT said:
I don't like the team, that is true. I lived in Boston for 5 years and the fans there are completely annoying. My wife nearly getting punched at Foxboro for daring to wear a Bills hat was more than enough to prove that to me. Do I think the NFL screwed up the investigation? Yes. The refs at the game essentially were idiots and did not provide defensible evidence. Do I think the NFL went too far with the punishment? Probably. See my comment above. Do I think the article you linked provided sufficient evidence to exonerate Brady and the "deflator"? Absolutely not. Not close. Here is a quote in the comments section that ties it all up nicely for me. Mary - I watched the MIT professor's video lecture. I am not convinced his test replicates the real-world conditions for each team's footballs. In fact he acknowledges he guessed at the balls’ temperatures. He assumes that each set of footballs were subject to the same conditions on the field. I've seen some teams keep balls in a box on the sidelines and other times in a bag. How did the Colts and Patriots store their balls during the first half? He does not mention that anyone took the temperature of the balls in the locker room before the game or at halftime after being on the field for a couple hours. How can his test control for a key measurement that goes unmentioned? Without knowing the actual conditions he cannot test for accuracy with much reliability. While the estimate of 71 degrees in the locker room is probably accurate, probably does not cut it in science. It's also a guess that the balls fell to the same temperature as the field temperature, when he does not indicate he knows for a fact what the temperature of the balls were at halftime either. If he knew he would have said so. His other assumption is that the Colts balls PSI fell less sharply because "he surmises" they were probably tested later when the balls were warmer. A surmise is not scientific proof. Not that these flaws in the scientist's test procedures proves the NFL was right. Their testing likely suffers from the same flaws. But don't go using assumptions and guesses as scientific proof of anything. Do I think Brady cheated? Yes, very likely. The fact that his boy was called the "deflator" was pretty much all I needed, but the reality is that other teams had seen this before, but Tommy's golden boy status prevented them from doing anything about it previously. Do I think you would find a way to justify Brady eating freshly killed puppies with a side of toddler blood? Yup. Like most of the rabid NE fans I knew back in Boston, your bias is evident. Just sayin'.

Yea, when McNally termed himself the deflator, that's pretty much all you needed to know.

I am just glad I don't know you or the other two people who have liked your post personally. I am a loud brash person who is loyal to whom I support. People who are similar to me emotionally I tend not to get along with than those who are different. .

Think whatever you want I am done with you. You are the first person on my block so no need to respond.

Alsacs said:
I am just glad I don't know you or the other two people who have liked your post personally. I am a loud brash person who is loyal to whom I support. People who are similar to me emotionally I tend not to get along with than those who are different. . Think whatever you want I am done with you. You are the first person on my block so no need to respond.

Nobody knows who you're replying too.