2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Von Miller has beastmoded but I thought the refs missed this one.
CZhYe9fWwAAi4NG.jpg

Congrats to the Denver football team they played better and deserved to win.

Do ya think BB might want that coin toss vs the Jets back? That was an incredibly dumb call. No guarantee NE would have won that game but they probably would have won if today's game were in NE.

how about the fact NE went for it 3 times and had they just kicked FG wins the game. right call gone bad.

After the first drive of the game the NE D played well. 13 points and 7 of them were on Brady.

Denver D was dominant they won the game. Tip of the cap. NE missed an XP and BB went for 4th and 1 early in the 4th.

No complaints.

Do ya think BB might want that coin toss vs the Jets back? That was an incredibly dumb call. No guarantee NE would have won that game but they probably would have won if today's game were in NE.
No because the offense couldn't move the ball that game. They got a DEF TD and only had 1 good drive the whole game. The idea BB had was to try and stop NYJ and get the ball kick a FG and win.

The Miami game was worse than the NYJ there gameplan that game was horrible and they let Miami win a game they really didn't care about.

This game tip your cap to the Denver D they just dominated and won the game. NE had chances and didn't execute.

No way. He never pulled down or effected the jump at all.
You don't see the arms around the waist? I mean I thought they could call holding there. I don't blame them for not calling it but it was a call I have seen called.

That was a gutsy, great catch by Gronk on 4th and 10...

But I'm not sure it was a catch actually

Ball seemed to drop, they didn't give us another angle (of course)

Great gam though, Gronk is a legend with those catches at the end (even if the long one was a technical default, I'll give him the play)

After the first drive of the game the NE D played well. 13 points and 7 of them were on Brady.

Denver D was dominant they won the game. Tip of the cap. NE missed an XP and BB went for 4th and 1 early in the 4th.

No complaints.
Yep - the missed XP turned out to be crucial. Gostkowski makes that, they only need to kick another XP at the end and the game is heading to OT. In which, I have no doubt, the Patriots would have prevailed.

No because the offense couldn't move the ball that game. They got a DEF TD and only had 1 good drive the whole game. The idea BB had was to try and stop NYJ and get the ball kick a FG and win.

The Miami game was worse than the NYJ there gameplan that game was horrible and they let Miami win a game they really didn't care about.

This game tip your cap to the Denver D they just dominated and won the game. NE had chances and didn't execute.

Agree with your analysis of today's game and the Miami game. Just prior to OT against the NYJ, Brady took the team right down the field like a hot knife through butter for an easy score. If you have Tom Brady you gotta put the ball in his hands. There is a reason every one decides to take the ball in OT. NE's defense is good but nobody's idea of the Steel Curtain.

I heard some people theorize that BB intentionally lost the game to eliminate the Steelers. I never believed that for a second but if that is true then that backfired in a huge way.

Agree with your analysis of today's game and the Miami game. Just prior to OT against the NYJ, Brady took the team right down the field like a hot knife through butter for an easy score. If you have Tom Brady you gotta put the ball in his hands. There is a reason every one decides to take the ball in OT. NE's defense is good but nobody's idea of the Steel Curtain.

I heard some people theorize that BB intentionally lost the game to eliminate the Steelers. I never believed that for a second but if that is true then that backfired in a huge way.
That was a joke conspiracy no one ever really thought that. I joked about it.

BB explained why he kicked in OT against the NYJ. 2 weeks prior at Denver they won the OT toss and went 3 and out and gave Denver really good field position. They didn't want that to happen again. So they kicked off and wanted to try and stop the Jets and then go for a winning FG.

If Edelman was healthy they may have played that differently. Brady had a shaky OL and the Jets pass rush was good.

It made sense when you factored in what happened. The Miami loss was worse than the Jets loss.

Denver DEs Miller and Ware won this game. They played dominantly and hit Brady 23 times. That was the high the NFL this year.

BB explained why he kicked in OT against the NYJ. 2 weeks prior at Denver they won the OT toss and went 3 and out and gave Denver really good field position. They didn't want that to happen again. So they kicked off and wanted to try and stop the Jets and then go for a winning FG.

If Edelman was healthy they may have played that differently. Brady had a shaky OL and the Jets pass rush was good.

It made sense when you factored in what happened. The Miami loss was worse than the Jets loss.

Denver DEs Miller and Ware won this game. They played dominantly and hit Brady 23 times. That was the high the NFL this year.

Won't beat a dead horse but the beauty of taking the ball is you have control. When you kick you give up that control and one breakdown on D you lose. That's why everybody takes the ball.

Game was won by Denver at the line of scrimmage. The New England o line was embarrassingly bad today. No way around it they cost this game

Not so fast. Denver's Oline will be a lot better by then. A lot of new guys up there, and the highest rated guard in football coming into the season Mathis, new team, not one snap preseason will be fine. If you want to talk about who will eat who alive from a D perspective...c'mon man. NE oline will be the ones to worry about Denver's scorched earth D...
Back in September you were a sage!

They also sat everyone vs. Miami in week 17

any cuse fans down in carolina throw some money on the panthers to win it all before the season started?

will we hear even a peep questioning bellicheck going for it those first two times, with all his timeouts and the two minute warning, and denver not getting a first down in eons?

will we hear even a peep questioning bellicheck going for it those first two times, with all his timeouts and the two minute warning, and denver not getting a first down in eons?

We should. From a coaching standpoint t there was a lot of questionable decisions.

Von Miller is beastmoding and winning this game. Denver DL is dominating the NE RT and LG.

Brady doesn't have time and its all because of the Denver DL flat out dominating.

I live in Patriot's country up here and the two local radio guys have been saying all year that just getting the receivers back wasn't going to be enough. The offensive line just wasn't good enough to give Brady the time he needed. Tough way to go out with a missed PAT by one of the best.

The way to beat the Pat's has been the same forever. The Broncos followed the Giants/Raven approach to rushing 4 or less and dropping 7 or 8. You need your Dline to win the matchup against the Oline. I suppose the Pat's will fix their OLine in the offseason now.