2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

I guess the buyout on his contract became less after New Years. Still, odd timing. All the better coaches have already moved up.

Edited to allow that Moorhead would be intriguing, but that is a tiiiiiight recruiting window.
they canned him the day after Christmas but it's not official until Jan 2, dropping the buyout by a couple of million. Diaco was an idiot but holy cow UConn, what a way to really screw someone over. Especially given this late in the year.

So let me get this straight. They publicly announce his firing on the 26th, but it's not official until a week later. How do you publicly fire someone unofficially? If I'm Diaco, I go after every penny, especially considering how the late firing him makes it difficult for him to find another job this year.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. They publicly announce his firing on the 26th, but it's not official until a week later. How do you pull that off?

This is the UConn circus we are talking about. I wonder if it's s buyout thing but that seems like it would be easy to challenge legally.. Moorhead can be hired as soon as 1-3 (bowl game is on 1-2) soooooo

Career killer. Moorhead would be an idiot to go to UConn. When he was the HC at Fordham sure but not now.

Go for Kiffin or a top FCS coach.
That or Briles...

Schiano would be a steal for them. He'd have them competitive in AAC quickly.

That said he would be dumb to take

Sorry if posted, didn't see a thread about this.

Only gave him 3 years.

Schiano would be a steal for them. He'd have them competitive in AAC quickly.

That said he would be dumb to take

Bingo, Schiano would be a huge hire for UConn. Instant credibility, solid recruiter, knows how to get bowl eligible against soft schedules. Exactly the kind of guy they need.

Bingo, Schiano would be a huge hire for UConn. Instant credibility, solid recruiter, knows how to get bowl eligible against soft schedules. Exactly the kind of guy they need.

From Schinaos perspective, hes gott abe thinking, i took Rutgers from the bowels of College Football to Thursday night espn the ocho, i can do the same at UCONN.

Kind of surprising that Al Golden's name hasn't come up anywhere...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom