2016 OOC Schedule Thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2016 OOC Schedule Thoughts

Chris, our SOS last year was 41 and Rutgers' was 52. Looking at their schedule, I have absolutely no idea where we would have put together 6 wins given our inability to move the ball at all.

They hammered UNC in their bowl game (UNC beat multiple teams that we lost to), and Rutgers won at Maryland who handled us in the Dome.

They were much better than us last year.
I said out of conference schedule ...@Washington state,Howard,@Navy,Tulane

Chris, our SOS last year was 41 and Rutgers' was 52. Looking at their schedule, I have absolutely no idea where we would have put together 6 wins given our inability to move the ball at all.

They hammered UNC in their bowl game (UNC beat multiple teams that we lost to), and Rutgers won at Maryland who handled us in the Dome.

They were much better than us last year.
much better...don't think so they won more games because we were decimated by injuries

I said out of conference schedule ...@Washington state,Howard,@Navy,Tulane

We would have been underdogs at WSU and at Navy. I assume we would have beat Howard and Tulane (although we needed the biggest miracle in SU football history to beat Nova), so that's two OOC wins.

And I assumed we were making the comparison while factoring in our injury situation.

We would have been underdogs at WSU and at Navy. I assume we would have beat Howard and Tulane (although we needed the biggest miracle in SU football history to beat Nova), so that's two OOC wins.

And I assumed we were making the comparison while factoring in our injury situation.
we would of split those 2 probably since at that point hunt was still playing qb and not aj or austin

Sigh...be nice if we start lining up some G5 schools to play OOC

Clemson adds home games w/Troy (2016), Kent State (2017), Georgia Southern (2018), Charlotte (2019) & Akron (2020).

Clemson adds home games w/Troy (2016), Kent State (2017), Georgia Southern (2018), Charlotte (2019) & Akron (2020).

Right there with you. We need some cupcakes though. Bumping this thread got me to looking over our schedule compared to some conference opponents. Obviously we are stuck in the division we are in with FSU, Clemson, and Louisville, but we aren't doing ourselves any favor scheduling like we are. I know it's beating a horse that died long ago, but I just don't get how we can't comprehend that it's almost impossible to build back our program with the way we are scheduling. Speaking about that dead horse I will bring up Duke once again. After decades or irrelevance they've got some buzz, and most of it is the way they schedule. Sure they got lucky being in the softer division, but compare our 2015 schedules.

Duke

@Tulane
NC Central
Northwestern
GT
BC
@Army
@VT
Miami
@UNC
Pitt
@UVA
@WF

and then we have Syracuse.

Rhode Island
WF
CMU
LSU
@USF
@UVA
Pitt
@FSU
@Lville
Clemson
@NCST
BC

They realistically can sweep the board, while we have at least 3 built in losses. I just don't get it.

Right there with you. We need some cupcakes though. Bumping this thread got me to looking over our schedule compared to some conference opponents. Obviously we are stuck in the division we are in with FSU, Clemson, and Louisville, but we aren't doing ourselves any favor scheduling like we are. I know it's beating a horse that died long ago, but I just don't get how we can't comprehend that it's almost impossible to build back our program with the way we are scheduling. Speaking about that dead horse I will bring up Duke once again. After decades or irrelevance they've got some buzz, and most of it is the way they schedule. Sure they got lucky being in the softer division, but compare our 2015 schedules.

Duke

@Tulane
NC Central
Northwestern
GT
BC
@Army
@VT
Miami
@UNC
Pitt
@UVA
@WF

and then we have Syracuse.

Rhode Island
WF
CMU
LSU
@USF
@UVA
Pitt
@FSU
@Lville
Clemson
@NCST
BC

They realistically can sweep the board, while we have at least 3 built in losses. I just don't get it.

The only big difference that they can control is having Army instead of LSU. Everything else is comparable.

Northwestern >= South Florida

Central Michigan >= Tulane

Rhode Island = NC Central

Playing Clemson/FSU every year is the biggest problem we have with our schedule. Everything else, in my opinion, is close to where it should be. Would rather play lesser teams now and get wins instead of playing the LSU's of the world, but it's a double-edged sword - you can tell recruits you're not afraid to play these types of teams, too. Much ado about nothing, IMO.

We need to get series with Buffalo and Army. These are teams we could win a clear majority of the games against.

Ideal OOC schedule
1-AA
local D-1 team Buffalo/Army or MAC team these should be 2 for 1s.
recruiting game either Midwest or Florida region
Challenge game

cant until we get an ad in place though

cant until we get an ad in place though
You might be right...but it doesn't have to be that way. No reason why Herm Frazier can't schedule one or two G5 series with Pete Sala/Coach Shafer's ok. Schedule a 1 for 1 with USF again, or Toledo, FIU, etc...

It was pretty obvious we were never playing this Penn State series once the Big Ten announced it was going to a 9 game conference schedule and Penn State didn't want to waste one of 3 OOC games on a road game at Syracuse.

We need two home games for '17 + '18
Let's assume most mid-majors do not want more than 3 "away" OOC games in any year. The possibilities are really limited then. UMass is in a special situation and they need a lot of games. SU should ask for a 2 for 1 and get them at the Dome in '17 and two more games within 5 years or so. SUNY Buffalo could travel to Cuse in "18" and hopefully we can get them in a 2 for 1. Another off the wall proposal is having Southern Miss play us in "17". They only have one OOC game scheduled.
I'd just do a 1 for 1 for USM.

Would love a 2 for 1 with Army somehow, though it's a little bit of a tight squeeze this late in the game. Why not UConn or Buffalo. Keep it in NYS or appease the NYC crowd with UConn.

The NYC crowd would much prefer Army...West Point a lot closer than Hartford, much better view and a lot fewer a$$holes...

The NYC crowd would much prefer Army...West Point a lot closer than Hartford, much better view and a lot fewer a$$holes...
The young kids who sprayed beer on us and ran weren't a$$holes...just an honest mistake. I never felt threatened there...but it is an unique environment...lots of their fans have huge chips on their shoulders. I'll still be there in '16...awesome tailgating.

The young kids who sprayed beer on us and ran weren't a$$holes...just an honest mistake. I never felt threatened there...but it is an unique environment...lots of their fans have huge chips on their shoulders. I'll still be there in '16...awesome tailgating.
I will be there too. Can get to the Rent in 3 hours from my house and like you say, it is a good setup for tailgating...lots of open space, access to bathrooms and the walk to the stadium is not a bad one.

Hope by that point, the UConn fans will have calmed down some and are not as hostile as they have been in the past. At some point, they need to realize SU fans are not responsible for what happened with CR.

I will attempt a bus to UConn in '16 if the initial demand looks promising. No need to spend the night there.

sutomcat said:
I will be there too. Can get to the Rent in 3 hours from my house and like you say, it is a good setup for tailgating...lots of open space, access to bathrooms and the walk to the stadium is not a bad one. Hope by that point, the UConn fans will have calmed down some and are not as hostile as they have been in the past. At some point, they need to realize SU fans are not responsible for what happened with CR.

You kill me with the amount of time it takes you to get someplace. I don't know how you don't have a couple dozen speeding tickets. Lol.

that's debatable that Rutgers is better with there ooc schedule we would have made a bowl last year too
Disagree. In 2014, Rutgers beat Washington State, Navy, Tulane, Michigan, Indiana, Maryland, and North Carolina. Who did we beat?

Disagree. In 2014, Rutgers beat Washington State, Navy, Tulane, Michigan, Indiana, Maryland, and North Carolina. Who did we beat?

we could have beat everyone on there ,could have lost to some

You kill me with the amount of time it takes you to get someplace. I don't know how you don't have a couple dozen speeding tickets. Lol.
It has been a while since we played down there. I google mapped it to see how far it is. 259 miles from my house. So I was wrong...it takes me 3.5 hours to get there.

Still, other than that stadium in NJ (242 miles), Michie Stadium at West Point (225 miles) and UB Stadium in Amherst (140 miles), it is the closest road trip we have.

The Linc is 263 and Alumni Field in Chestnut Hill is 307...

we could have beat everyone on there ,could have lost to some

"Could have", lol. Who's offense would we have used to win those games?

SU68 said:

There is no behemoth in that group. We should have beat Maryland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom