2016 Schedule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Schedule

JeremyCuse said:
With the death of the faceoff classic and the other similar setups there isn't as much Lax played down that way. Especially with Princeton and Rutgers off the schedule for the foreseeable future. Good news is you should get a game at St. Johns this year and I think Providence is likely to come on the schedule at some point . Its a hike but you could always do a game at Homewood.

St. John's is at SU this year. Next year it will probably be back in Georgia.

Syracuse is as close for me as Homewood.

I'm hoping SU makes the quarters this year. They're in Providence.

I just know that SU used to travel well to Lax games. I can't imagine that's the case anymore.

I just know that SU used to travel well to Lax games. I can't imagine that's the case anymore.

In my opinion changing conferences and the games being on TV have changed things as far as attendance goes. At least partly for me and my friend in our experience. We used to always go to the quarter final games because going was the only way to see them. There were big Orange crowds on Long Island and in Ithaca. Now you can watch on ESPNU. Even the SU home games are not like they were and I think that TV is a big factor. You could only catch a Cuse game on the reply on tape delay.

ThruWayWest said:
In my opinion changing conferences and the games being on TV have changed things as far as attendance goes. At least partly for me and my friend in our experience. We used to always go to the quarter final games because going was the only way to see them. There were big Orange crowds on Long Island and in Ithaca. Now you can watch on ESPNU. Even the SU home games are not like they were and I think that TV is a big factor. You could only catch a Cuse game on the reply on tape delay.

Yeah, agree.

SU used to get big parent/fan tailgates at road games throughout the northeast. Great tradition.

I go through this every year. Just watch the games on TV now.

Sorry I meant next year for St. Johns. SU would like to keep a presence down there so don't be surprised if they do play at St. Johns. Sounds like your going to have to make a trip up here this year for a game, I think we can put a fun weekend together ;)

Yeah, agree.

SU used to get big parent/fan tailgates at road games throughout the northeast. Great tradition.

I go through this every year. Just watch the games on TV now.

I ended up getting a good job in Rochester and moved up here. A nice benefit is being able to see the Orange live. Prior to my relocation, we always went to the Big City Classics, UMass, Princeton, and Rutgers games. We even went down to Baltimore to see the FaceOff Classic or whatever it was called. This was when I lived in New York City and Connecticut. It was always a blast. The SU 2000s run coincided with us being in our 20s and it was great to go and tailgate. I am glad that my college experience was shaped by the Big East. I feel like this generation does not have it as good. The move to the ACC was a necessary evil. It just took away from some of the classic matchups. I went to high school and grew up with a bunch of people who went to Georgetown, Villanova, St. Johns, Providence, Boston College, etc. We had a nice friendly rivalry off the fields and courts. It was great to stick it to them. I don't know a person who went to Wake Forest, NC State, UNC, Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida State, etc.

Last edited:
I'm surprised by the date of the St. Johns game. I was expecting a Kennesaw visit that weekend against Providence. Something must've fallen through. Hmmm...

With the death of the faceoff classic and the other similar setups there isn't as much Lax played down that way. Especially with Princeton and Rutgers off the schedule for the foreseeable future.

Good news is you should get a game at St. Johns this year and I think Providence is likely to come on the schedule at some point .

Its a hike but you could always do a game at Homewood.
I hope this is true.

I'm surprised by the date of the St. Johns game. I was expecting a Kennesaw visit that weekend against Providence. Something must've fallen through. Hmmm...

Interesting you heard providence as I mentioned above I believe Providence could be coming on the schedule soon and it sounds like it might have been next year until it fell through. As for why it fell through I got the feeling Desk and staff wanted the home game with the young team and the daunting road schedule. Doesn't surprise me they decided against it.

Interesting you heard providence as I mentioned above I believe Providence could be coming on the schedule soon and it sounds like it might have been next year until it fell through. As for why it fell through I got the feeling Desk and staff wanted the home game with the young team and the daunting road schedule. Doesn't surprise me they decided against it.
The model had been to head to Kennesaw on the first weekend of Spring Break leading up to a big game the following weekend. Perhaps they've moved the Providence game to 2017.

With John Galloway on the staff perhaps this might be an incentive to get the game scheduled.
http://www.friars.com/sports/m-lacros/mtt/john_galloway_811979.html

It's not a ward if the defenseman lifted his arm with his stick, which is what it looks like to me.

Hoo's That said:
IDK. But if he didn't make a really obvious pushing motion, he might have snuck it past the refs and gotten away with it.

It's not a ward if the defenseman lifted his arm with his stick, which is what it looks like to me.

I see your point. However, it is hard to tell because the head of the stick blocks the defenders hands and Dylan's hand. If Dylan's hand is below the defensman's hands that would lead me to believe that he warded off.

Glad to have the forum to analyze a pointless picture intended to get us fired up for the season! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom