2016 Yankees | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Sanchez could be called up as soon as tomorrow according to reports. Who goes ? Some hints it could be AROD.

I wonder who will get released or sent down when Sanchez is activated today.

Gamel will likely get set down. With Refsnyder able to play the outfield he's redundant.
I think Arod will stay on the roster for the rest of the season. Less then a month the roster expands anyway. Tough to see how he is on the roster next year though.

Gamel will likely get set down. With Refsnyder able to play the outfield he's redundant.
I think Arod will stay on the roster for the rest of the season. Less then a month the roster expands anyway. Tough to see how he is on the roster next year though.
Forgot about Gamel, you could be right. Torreyes can also play outfield in an emergency.

Forgot about Gamel, you could be right. Torreyes can also play outfield in an emergency.

Yup plus there talking about calling up Judge probably once the roster expands so they will have 4+ outfielders. They might as well just let Arod play at this point, hell put him at third for a few games I have seen enough of Headley. Guy is a legend at the end of his career who clearly wont be back next year. Let the guy play.

ARod, from all I've read anyway, does seem to be accepting his role without noise, and working to mentor the younger players.

If that's really the case, you keep him around for the rest of the year, and cut the cord in the offseason. Enjoy the beach, here's $20M.

ARod, from all I've read anyway, does seem to be accepting his role without noise, and working to mentor the younger players.

If that's really the case, you keep him around for the rest of the year, and cut the cord in the offseason. Enjoy the beach, here's $20M.
yeah, Arod has really adapted to being the Clubhouse Sage, I cant see them cutting him yet, but no way hes on roster next year.

I am curious to see as to who will homer 1st, him or refsnyder...

judge needs a month in AAA to get back in form then he makes hicks an afterthought and id love to see Frazier crush AAA for a month, then maybe him too...

A-Rod always says the right things. Long before the links to PEDs, people hated him and I've never really understood why. I think once early in his career he made some comment about Jeter not being the most dangerous hitter in his line-up, but other than that, at least extrinsically, he has always been class-act.

Last edited:
yeah, Arod has really adapted to being the Clubhouse Sage, I cant see them cutting him yet, but no way hes on roster next year.

I am curious to see as to who will homer 1st, him or refsnyder...

judge needs a month in AAA to get back in form then he makes hicks an afterthought and id love to see Frazier crush AAA for a month, then maybe him too...

Refsnyder had 2 HR's last year ... both against Boston.

Have to assume a little of column A and a little of column B. The questions then are will they keep the right prospects and will they add the proper "stud" or 3 to the mix. At some point I have to believe the Brothers will want to dominate the hot stove with a couple huge signings and/or deals. The universe will return to normal.

I would think so too but they don't necessarily have to go that route. The could conceivably hold onto the bulk of their prospects and then go wild in FA targeting the huge class in 2018. Maybe a small move here or there via trade and add some complimentary pieces but basically hanging on to those prospects.

Should start Sanchez at Catcher tonight and Arod at DH.
lineup is out. Sanchez is DH. Romine behind the dish.

Dlsbury
Ref
Tex
Headley
Castro
Didi
Romine
Sanchez
Hicks

Green

I think the cleanup spot is treated like T-ball these days. Ok, who hasn't had a turn yet? (Chase raises hand and screams me! me!).
Tex and Arod are a couple of pop outs and Ks away from Girardi telling them to 'lean into 1...you want to win? don't you?!!'

so youre saying that Headley, doesn't quite fit with Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle, Reggie...even Bernie in the 4 hole??

Last edited:
Interesting and entertaining night, and likely to go down as the highlight of Tex's season. Get the last game and the two NY teams will have identical records.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom