2016 Yankees | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Great move.

Never thought Hal would quit so bad, but this is good.

DLsbury...
McCann??...

Great move.

Never thought Hal would quit so bad, but this is good.

DLsbury...
McCann??...

Ellsbury isn't going anywhere, way to much $$ on that contract. We can't give him away.

NYY might as well lose all their remaining games to improve 2017 draft position. Tank baby, tank.
Yanks are going to reek for next 1 1/2 years at least.
Put A-Rod on the bench permanently in the Hank Steinbrenner Memorial Seat. Call up some kids from the minors and let them play. Enough of the old stiffs.

Ellsbury isn't going anywhere, way to much $$ on that contract. We can't give him away.
A boy can dream.

Did they dump enough $$$ to cut Arod??

NYY might as well lose all their remaining games to improve 2017 draft position. Tank baby, tank.
Yanks are going to reek for next 1 1/2 years at least.
Put A-Rod on the bench permanently in the Hank Steinbrenner Memorial Seat. Call up some kids from the minors and let them play. Enough of the old stiffs.

If you want to tank, then ARod should start every game.

A 39 year old FA to be for the #4 pick in last year's draft?

Not bad. Yanks didn't have enough pieces to win this year, but had key pieces that every contender needed.

Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES
For Chapman, Miller & Beltran, Yankees acquired 10 minor leaguers (several elite) & Warren. Arguably have the best farm system in baseball.
If that's true, plus the Yankees have a bunch of money coming off the books in the coming years that will allow them to play in free agency, the outlook has really improved.

A boy can dream.

Did they dump enough $$$ to cut Arod??

Actually I expect Arod to get a ton of at bats now that Beltran is gone and the DH is free and clear. Based on how things have gone for the Yanks this year I full expect him to go on a tear now that we have given up on the season.

Actually I expect Arod to get a ton of at bats now that Beltran is gone and the DH is free and clear. Based on how things have gone for the Yanks this year I full expect him to go on a tear now that we have given up on the season.

ARod needs 4 HR's to get to 700.

I hope they are trying to pull one of Atlanta's LHP prospects for McCann, but I doubt they will give up a LHP.

ARod needs 4 HR's to get to 700.

Would be shocked if he doesn't get it and probably quickly. With all the pressure off and endless at bats coming he is due for one of those patented A-rod 2-3 week stretches where he catches fire.

Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES
In addition to Dillion Tate, Yankees are also getting RHP Eric Swanson and RHP Nick Green from the Rangers.

Swanson is 6-4, 3.43 era and 78K and 25W in 81 1/3 innings at Class A Hickory. Green is 2-2, 4.98 and 44 and 14 in 34 1/3 at Class A Spokane

Last edited:
Yankees just retooled their farm system into one of the best in baseball, on top of having the money to spend on free agents in the next few years. I like what they did

I hope they are trying to pull one of Atlanta's LHP prospects for McCann, but I doubt they will give up a LHP.
I don't see an issue with keeping McCann. He's not deadweight by any means, and as he ages can spot play 1st base and DH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom