2016 Yankees | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

any time that Detroit, Seattle, Houston and Kansas City want to start losing games...its ok with me.

Sanchez cant do this by himself.

or can he...
Who says they are playing for the wild card. How about first place.

Who says they are playing for the wild card. How about first place.
I don't know if they can catch the maple leafs.

but yes, that would be preferred.

any time that Detroit, Seattle, Houston and Kansas City want to start losing games...its ok with me.

Sanchez cant do this by himself.

or can he...

Love the way they're playing, young pitchers having early success, bullpen still pretty good.

But yeah, that's a lot of teams swimming in this pool.

Love the way they're playing, young pitchers having early success, bullpen still pretty good.

But yeah, that's a lot of teams swimming in this pool.
heres what im afraid of...9/30-10/2

Yanks get Baltimore at the Stadium and the sux get Toronto at Fenway...basically...wow.

but this is what sucks...

Detroit goes to freakin Atlanta.
crappy Oakland goes to Seattle.
Houston goes to the lousy angels.

and royals get stuck at home with the tribe...but they may have nothing to play for.

the AL Easts will be knocking each other off while we could be looking at 4, 3 game sweeps.

Yanks get Baltimore at the Stadium and the sux get Toronto at Fenway...basically...wow.

and royals get stuck at home with the tribe...but they may have nothing to play for.

the AL Easts will be knocking each other off while we could be looking at 4, 3 game sweeps.

Detroit and the Braves is the worst. With so many winning teams, there are a couple really crappy teams. So if you're in their division, lucky you. But to get interleague against the worst team in baseball? Really lucky you.

I said it before but that sweep at Tampa is going to haunt the Yankees. It was at a weird time with all the uncertainty, but still, just take 1.

What took 'em so long to decide to go with the "kids?" :noidea:

He's gotta be Player of the Week, this week too.

So 2x in a month, I'd say gets him Player of the Month.

Ridonkulous.

It's still baseball and even the worst teams win about 40%, so nothing is a given. And sometimes the games you "should" win are the hardest to get.

Buck Showalter is easy to root against. For me anyway. In response to the Sanchize story, he thought of Kevin Maas as he was coach on that Yankee team in 1990.

“What happened to Kevin?” he asked before the game Saturday. “How did that work out?”

I'd probably be bitter too if I was fired and then next guy was such a perfect fit for the team (as assembled) that he won 4 championships in 5 years (1 inch from 5 in 6).

Buck Showalter is easy to root against. For me anyway. In response to the Sanchize story, he thought of Kevin Maas as he was coach on that Yankee team in 1990.

“What happened to Kevin?” he asked before the game Saturday. “How did that work out?”

I'd probably be bitter too if I was fired and then next guy was such a perfect fit for the team (as assembled) that he won 4 championships in 5 years (1 inch from 5 in 6).
He makes a fair point. Those all-time lists of players that exploded into the majors are full of unimpressive names. There doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between extreme early success and career success.

I think the Yankees would have been just as good with Showalter. There's no way of knowing though.

Kevin Maas is still a legend.

He makes a fair point. Those all-time lists of players that exploded into the majors are full of unimpressive names. There doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between extreme early success and career success.

I think the Yankees would have been just as good with Showalter. There's no way of knowing though.

It's certainly a fair point, plenty of names. Maas, Spencer, Duncan, Azocar. Not always a good movie to watch all the way thru. And Sanchez has never hit for power like this in the minors so I wouldn't start the 500 watch just yet.

But Showalter is still a .

At least he doesn't have to whine about the Yanks taking Wieters from him via free agency anymore, so maybe he should be happy.

I thought Buck quit

I thought Buck quit
I do not recall the official transaction, but I vaguely remember Showalter's contract renewal being contingent on him firing someone on his staff. He did not agree to it and I think the Yankees knew he would not.

I do not recall the official transaction, but I vaguely remember Showalter's contract renewal being contingent on him firing someone on his staff. He did not agree to it and I think the Yankees knew he would not.

I think you are right. Hitting Coach Rick Down.

Buck is a . Always has been.

CrIHmJXXEAAYQ8E.jpg

Ben Gamel Named International League MVP | Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders News

eovaldi and swarzak are on the 15 day DL.

eovaldi can go to the 60, cant remember on swarzak.

but if they do, then that opens up 2 spots on the 40 man.

it seems they have no desire to add Frazier or Holder...

so much for the above thought...GAMEL...TRADED.

to seattle for RHPs Jio Orozco and Juan DePaula.

wins the IL MVP...Traded the next day.

sell em while theyre hot!!...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom