2016 Yankees | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Just because they have watched countless games, doesn't make them experts. And that is clear. John goes off on the same crap every game. No real incite at all. They really should have a former player doing commentary during games. All they do well is get all their promos in.
It's like listening to your crazy uncle and crazy aunt describe a game. I actually enjoy them, even as they've lost something on the fastball, and will miss them once they are gone.

That is exactly what it is like, except for the missing them when they are gone part.
When they are replaced by some obnoxious talking heads with little historical perspective who think they invented the game, yeah, I'll miss them.

When they are replaced by some obnoxious talking heads with little historical perspective who think they invented the game, yeah, I'll miss them.
Yeah, I get that. But, hopefully they will find people outside of the current cookie cutter broadcaster.

I love listening to Sterling.
I do too but I also like Suzyn so there's that. They no doubt are unique, like an old married couple. And Kay has cut back on his traveling since he had kids, can't blame him for that. I'm not a big fan of the Singleton/Flaherty matchup for those away games without Kay, they're a snooze fest unless there is action on the field

Who in their right mind likes listening to Suzyn Waldman? Like nails on a chalkboard
I liked her as the Yankee beat reporter on WFAN. She is passionate and loves interacting with players. Her voice is tolerable in short segments. She has no business doing color commentary on the radio though.

On an unrelated note, I love Meredith Marakovits. Giggity

I may write him in for President.

I'll be honest, even though it appears accurate at the moment, I found myself a little disappointed in Sterling's HR tagline of Gary...is scary!. I was hoping he'd somehow reference his last name, and the Dirty, well, you know.

He is off to a fantastic start, just like some other all-time Yankee greats (e.g., Kevin Maas, Shane Spencer, Shelley Duncan). ;)

He is off to a fantastic start, just like some other all-time Yankee greats (e.g., Kevin Maas, Shane Spencer, Shelley Duncan). ;)

Don't forget Oscar Azocar.

They keep showing that most Yankee hits in their first X games stat, and Azocar is always sitting there at #2.

I'll be honest, even though it appears accurate at the moment, I found myself a little disappointed in Sterling's HR tagline of Gary...is scary!. I was hoping he'd somehow reference his last name, and the Dirty, well, you know.
As long as he doesn't work "Sanchize" into the call, I'm good.

any time that Detroit, Seattle, Houston and Kansas City want to start losing games...its ok with me.

Sanchez cant do this by himself.

or can he.....

Judge sitting today (despite the hit last night, he needed it) and McCann is back to DH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom