2016 Yankees | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Forgot about the guy who struck out Wade Boggs to end a no hitter.

Still feel like I'm playing with house money. And that the house of cards could realistically crash any time (look at the starting staff, and Judge is setting new strikeout records). But with the wild card loss column # only being 2, I'm going to get really greedy soon.
total house $$.

this is fun.

and ive also got them over, at 85.

in april, that bet was lost.

now?? totally in play...and if not covered, will be a tad bit frustrating.

but will be quickly forgotten because of the run here by the kids.

The path to 89 wins is tough. If the rotation stays as it is, Sabathia, Pineda, Tanaka, and Cessa will each make five more starts. Mitchell will have four.

The Yankees would probably need to go at least 11 - 4 in Sabathia's, Pineda's, and Tanaka's starts. In that case they would need to go 5 - 4 in Cessa's and Mitchell's starts.

I am not optimistic, but I am still excited. Unfortunately, Tanaka is the only starter that can be counted-on.

total house $$.

this is fun.

and ive also got them over, at 85.

in april, that bet was lost.

now?? totally in play...and if not covered, will be a tad bit frustrating.

but will be quickly forgotten because of the run here by the kids.
No matter what, the future is bright. And we won't have to see Tebow in pinstripes.

tumblr_n2j7yayzgw1sdqajoo1_r1_250.gif

That was...something. Betances is not the most trustworthy closer out there. Seems to have lost command of both his slider and his fastball ever since stepping into the closer role. A win is a win though. First place still in play or is that a pipe dream?

Same thing happened last year when Betances was shaky in his closing appearances in April and May when splitting closing duties with Miller. Miller took over the role by June. I don't think Betances is the long term answer at closer, he's better as a set up guy.

When they traded Beltran and Miller, the media was claiming the Yankees had officially given up on the season.

1310559230263.jpg

are they throwing gum at him?
I think so!! Funny.
When they traded Beltran and Miller, the media was claiming the Yankees had officially given up on the season.

1310559230263.jpg
I basically did too. Just planned on watching the 'future' as I turned to football.

Instead, I'm still engaged...and actually excited.

Austin, POWERS one, into the right centerfield seats!!!!

I think so!! Funny.

I basically did too. Just planned on watching the 'future' as I turned to football.

Instead, I'm still engaged...and actually excited.

Austin, POWERS one, into the right centerfield seats!!!!
Can we trade back and get Nova? P.S. them Cowboys are going to put a hurting on your Giants Sunday behind Dak with Sanchez in the bullpen.

Can we trade back and get Nova? P.S. them Cowboys are going to put a hurting on your Giants Sunday behind Dak with Sanchez in the bullpen.
not worried about your rook qb, aka Mr early August...

football.jpg

or this guy in relief...

61024-Mark-Sanchez-butt-fumble-gif-xDAf.gif

The Yankees downgraded from Chapman-Miller to Clippard-Warren and they haven't suffered at all. Arguably the greatest closer of all-time retired a few years ago and he is not missed. Obviously having a strong bullpen is essential, but overpaying established closers is unnecessary.

The Yankees downgraded from Chapman-Miller to Clippard-Warren and they haven't suffered at all. Arguably the greatest closer of all-time retired a few years ago and he is not missed. Obviously having a strong bullpen is essential, but overpaying established closers is unnecessary.

I really liked Miller, still wish he was in pinstripes. But at least ARod is gone. :cool:

"The Sanchino"? Sterling is overdue for his nap.
The two of them are really becoming unbearable. They think the most obvious basics of the game are brilliant observations and strategies.

I'd still rather have Mo than not...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom