Army
Siena?
Bingo?

Road
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Colgate
St Johns?

Siena should be the opening game again. I believe there HC previously indicated they had signed a long term deal to be the opening game for SU. I would think Bingo and or a similar team will also be on the schedule as SU is likely to max out the schedule again with so many young guys.

Assuming your looking at the status quo from the last few years ie Siena, Army, Albany is the opening 3 games followed by UVA. I for one wouldn't shed a tear if SU dropped Albany, its a no win situation for SU and there getting to comfortable playing here.

We are scheduled to play Cornell in Costa Mesa, CA, on March 11 and @ Richmond on April 1 per official announcements. Those dates line up with the same weekends those games were scheduled for last year. If that holds (as it has for several years now), I would anticipate our game to be scheduled for sometime during the weekend of March 3-5 in the Dome.

Assuming

Home
Duke
Virginia
Hopkins
Cornell
Hobart
Albany
Army
Siena?
Bingo?

Road
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Colgate
St Johns?
Great home sked, the odd years are always the best. Hopefully with a young team, being in the dome, helps. UVA/Cuse in the dome is always epic.

Cornell on April 11

upload_2016-10-25_14-52-45.png

We are scheduled to play Cornell in Costa Mesa, CA, on March 11 and @ Richmond on April 1 per official announcements. Those dates line up with the same weekends those games were scheduled for last year. If that holds (as it has for several years now), I would anticipate our game to be scheduled for sometime during the weekend of March 3-5 in the Dome.

Pretty sure that's over for the foreseeable future.

Would love to see something with the University of Denver. Just love games with Tierney's squads against our teams. Always are good matchups of contrasting styles. I think it would help us to get some western exposure in recruiting

Would really like Princeton added back to the schedule on a yearly basis. I know it went away after going to the ACC, but it was one of my favorite games of the year and I could either go to it in NJ (fairly close) or the dome.

Would really like Princeton added back to the schedule on a yearly basis. I know it went away after going to the ACC, but it was one of my favorite games of the year and I could either go to it in NJ (fairly close) or the dome.
"It takes two to tango." They dropped us while Tierney was still there, even though we wanted to keep playing them. That's why we picked up Cornell and got the free bonus of playing outdoors in CNY in early March every even-numbered year.

What's the reasoning to include Penn?

Am I missing something...

If Penn plays the 5th place team IN the ACC tourney, as is tweeted, how does the ACC tourney change the matchups? Instead of 1v4 and 2v3, now 6 teams are in? If Penn plays #5, then how would the top 4 be matched up to include a #5 v Penn? Only solution I see would be the Top 3 teams get a bye, and #4 plays the #5/Penn winner for the right to play #1.

Or, is the Penn game a non-advance game, and merely an extra game for the 5th place team?

If Penn plays the 5th place team IN the ACC tourney, as is tweeted, how does the ACC tourney change the matchups? Instead of 1v4 and 2v3, now 6 teams are in? If Penn plays #5, then how would the top 4 be matched up to include a #5 v Penn? Only solution I see would be the Top 3 teams get a bye, and #4 plays the #5/Penn winner for the right to play #1.

Or, is the Penn game a non-advance game, and merely an extra game for the 5th place team?

If it's like last year then the 5th place will not make the ACC Playoffs. It is just another chance for the 5th place to possibly make a case as a "wildcard" selection.

If it's like last year then the 5th place will not make the ACC Playoffs. It is just another chance for the 5th place to possibly make a case as a "wildcard" selection.
This is the third year that it's being done since we don't have a #6 anymore. In 2015 at the Chester soccer stadium, it was Penn. Last year in Georgia, it was Brown. And 2017 @ dook, it will it be Penn, again, based on this Tweet. #1 v. #4 and #2 v. #3 on Friday night; Penn v. #5 on Saturday afternoon; and the championship game on Sunday.

Some more of our OOC games have been announced. They are teams we played last year and the weekends are lining up with last season's schedule as well. It's still looking good for our usual 1st weekend of March.

Growing the sport? ;)
Could be trying to balance the schedule more. Unofficial schedule i saw on another forum has 8 home and 5 away games. If Hobart was a home game it would be 9 & 4.

I wonder if we will see a couple different opponents in 2018 based on the Hobart flip flop and get a schedule closer to even amount of home and away games.

Official Loyola announcement that we will open the season with them on Feb 11. That keeps implying UVa's schedule order won't change and we'll play in the usual March weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom