2018 Fall Camp: Practice #18 Wed. August 22 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Camp: Practice #18 Wed. August 22

Is Chance potentially the anti-Ashton Broyld?

I kid i kid.

Somehow I think a surprise would come either at RB or WR... freshman.

(But honestly, no idea)

If he such a great running threat, make him a tailback.

I'd rather have my QB's focus on passing the ball with running be an add on, not the primary feature.[/QUOTE/]

From all accounts I’ve seen Chance has a great arm and looks to have great potential as a passer. So what exactly inspired that little pointless rant? Do you already have him pegged as the next Cecil Howard? Seems a bit rash.

If I read between the lines I assume they've put in waivers for Adams (and maybe Jackson as well) but it's hard to see any scenario where either would be granted a waiver.

Just noticed on espn.com that both Miami and N.C. State received waivers on basketball players who are transferring in. One was injured last year and the other left his original school in January.

I was under the impression that ALL waivers (other than the grad transfer rules) were eliminated. Could be interesting...

gif_temp.gif

Been googling "NCAA transfer eligibility waiver" and reading about what has been going on the last two week. Seems like both the previous school and the new school need to be in agreement, the student must be in good academic standing and there must be "mitigating circumstances." Mitigating circumstances look like they are getting very broad consideration. They are handing these out like the Driver's Village buttons at tailgates!

I'm totally confused

People are being vague about some potential good and surprising news. Others saw that the 4* transfers from Mich State (WR) and a transfer from Oklahoma (RB) were getting some run with the 1's. Some people have thought maybe since there have been a rash of transfers getting a surprise waivers to not sit out the year. All of this has made me pass out thus hitting my head on my keyboard so I too am confused. But I think if that's the news I may hit my head again.

But we have no idea if that's "it" so

People are being vague about some potential good and surprising news. Others saw that the 4* transfers from Mich State (WR) and a transfer from Oklahoma (RB) were getting some run with the 1's. Some people have thought maybe since there have been a rash of transfers getting a surprise waivers to not sit out the year. All of this has made me pass out thus hitting my head on my keyboard so I too am confused. But I think if that's the news I may hit my head again.

But we have no idea if that's "it" so

Correct in that this is what everyone’s speculating. I wouldn’t get your hopes up though.

Jackson being granted immediately eligibility would be season outlook changing in my honest opinion. But I’ve seen nothing to really back up that this is anything more than in the distant realm of possibility.