2018 roster management | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2018 roster management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to your posts in which you express little more than your faith. No insight whatsoever.

Amd I have no idea what "lisonpril" is but your cavalier mocking of people who take whatever medication that is says a lot about your character. Talk about hiding behind your keyboard.

Let me get this straight. This is an SU message board. (And I've been playing on its various ones since 2001, as an aside) It's here for people to give opinions and info. You don't want to hear the views from people who might not share yours?

I take lisinopril so get off your soap box. Your opinion of my character is not on my 99 problems list.

You guys wanna incessantly - and I stress INCESSANTLY - trash JB and the staff, have at it, but don’t expect ppl to not call you out. My opinion is that you guys cry A LOT about what the staff does and/or doesn’t do. And by winning, A LOT, Jimmy keeps making you guys look like all you are is a bunch of hot steam.

So that’s my opinion. Did I use the board right?

If we continue to have success in the tournament then I think this panicking is completely overblown. Winning is all that matters.

When the time comes for JB to pass the torch we will deal with what we have to then. And certain posters here will be thrilled our HOF coach moved on.
Until he doesn't produce a top of the ACC team.

I take lisinopril so get off your soap box. Your opinion of my character is not on my 99 problems list.

You guys wanna incessantly - and I stress INCESSANTLY - trash JB and the staff, have at it, but don’t expect ppl to not call you out. My opinion is that you guys cry A LOT about what the staff does and/or doesn’t do. And by winning, A LOT, Jimmy keeps making you guys look like all you are is a bunch of hot steam.

So that’s my opinion. Did I use the board right?

I have not trashed JB or the staff. You have a perception of my posts. I have a perception of yours. You can post however you want.

Let me ask this: do you see recent players waving SU pompoms out there? The answer is no. Why not? How about players who were on the 2016 Final Four team?
I have no idea what that has to do with the points being made.

In other news, if Jelly Fam transfers out of Minny that's a guy I still think we take a flyer on.

I’ll back up the OP. I heard the same thing he did. JB doesn’t want to add anymore players. This is the roster we go into next year with.
Did he give any hint why? They just don’t feel like putting in the work? They received a message from Nostradamus that guarantees nobody will get injured and marek will return? This is just so bizarre and stupid that they’re not even looking at who’s available. Maybe JB isn’t too concerned about making another deep run.

Did he give any hint why? They just don’t feel like putting in the work? They received a message from Nostradamus that guarantees nobody will get injured and marek will return? This is just so bizarre and stupid that they’re not even looking at who’s available. Maybe JB isn’t too concerned about making another deep run.
I can answer the question. JB wants to win more than any of us. They believe that there isn't a guy that they can get right now that could start on their team next year. So that pretty much rules out any 5th year guy because they want to start. And they don't think there is any player that isn't signed who they can get that would come here. They like their team. They think they will be very good next year.

Plenty of spring and summer months coming up where anything can happen to the roster, but I think it's a borderline fireable mis-step to not look at adding another forward.

Scholarship reduction penalties- that DESTROYED us mind you (allegedly)- are over, but we go into next year with 9 players? If you can't see the humor in that.

Yes I understand the circumstances here are very unique losing two guys in a week... But it didn't happen in August or into the season like last year. It's not even April. I'm going to let this play out and hope we do the right thing and bring in another guy.

Let me ask this: do you see recent players waving SU pompoms out there? The answer is no. Why not? How about players who were on the 2016 Final Four team?

I saw a tweet by AW3 congratulating the team posted on this site. I’m not on twitter so I wouldn’t know the answer to your proposed question.

But since you say it is definitively no... what is your theory on why the answer is no?

From my conversations with JB on his radio show, he likes to have 10-11 recruited players. (I don't call them scholarship players because walk-ons can be given scholarships as Braedon Bayer was this year. It gives them sufficient depth but they don't have the 12th or 13th guy griping at the end of the bench. Also, they can practice 5 recruits on 5. I find it very hard to believe that they will be satisfied with only 9 recruits, especially after what's happened the last few years with injuries and defections.

This happened in the last couple of days. Brent Axe was citing an interview from three days ago where Bazley said he was looking forward to playing with Brissett next year and even discussing plays they would run. Inquires to the University for comment have been met with statements that the coaches are out of town. they are in San Antonio for the Final Four. Any inside information didn't come from them or is based on statements made before Bazley bolted.

I’m not sure what team some people have been watching for the last 40 years - but this is not some new dangerous trend downwards. This program has had these ups and downs over the years. Throw in sanctions and it’s easy to assume it’s all gone to crap.

If you think we should or could be Duke, I see what the problem is. I’ve just assumed a FF in each decade, an NIT or two, a couple of sweet sixteens, an elite 8, etc. was our place in the world. Get a top ten kid, lose a top ten kid, etc.

I don’t agree with Boeheims logic. Bottom line is you need to have more players and that was very evident this year more than ever. It’s really just that Boeheim is a stubborn coach. If we lose both Battle and Brissett what will be his excuse then?

What's bizarre and stupid is the fact that people are running with this narrative, acting like it's written in stone, and pitching various fits over it.

Yeah I like to freak out more than others but let's wait and see if we add someone else before we argue over everything

I saw a tweet by AW3 congratulating the team posted on this site. I’m not on twitter so I wouldn’t know the answer to your proposed question.

But since you say it is definitively no... what is your theory on why the answer is no?

Saw several players say positive words.

Full until August and December. Crazy stuff happens every season these days around these parts. It’s not a good look.

Well there’s no such thing as a bullpen.

If it’s obvious we need more players why is our staff not looking to add anyone else for next year?

You say this - like you do - as fact.

Some 24 hours after a stunning decision from a prized recruit.

Why are you so damning of the staff that they aren’t looking for someone?

And of course, do you think you really know?

Why were we picked so low in the preseason? Can we put together a roster worthy of greater optimism?
Is that more important than results?

He did however bring in Thorpe no pass for that.
What was JB supposed to do exactly? The kid was hurt and already behind because he showed up late, yet still expected to start.

Of course, preseason rankings mean squat but the perception of our program is that we are in the middle of a downward trajectory. You obviously think otherwise.
Whose perception other than yours and people of your ilk? Were you paying attention after Selection Sunday? The perception of our program to outsiders is much different from whatever it is you’re trying to sell.

Exactly. Last season wasn't an anomaly.
Remind me, when were the other times we had a player quit right before school started and another a month after the season started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom