2018 roster management | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2018 roster management

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wIsh we'd go after a graduate forward, because I think next year could be special. However I don't know if our staff is thrilled with the results the past 2 years.
I do to. But the grad transfer would have to be good and a good transfer wouldn't see the value in coming here. Maybe we could could convince a less talented guy but a banger to come in. Other schools have done that.

And you know this how, Nostradamus? So much in the college landscape can change in 5 years. If you’re suggesting we won’t be able to find someone who can do better than .500 ball in the conference then they should plan to eventually move all home games to the new state fair expo center.
We have been a .500 team in conference play over JB's career? You know that isn't true. Yet you wrote it. We had the best record in the history of the Big East. And it wasn't close. The last couple of years have been trying. We have also been on serious sanctions which were designed to do just that. If anything, we did better in NCAA tournament play than the sanctions were expected to allow us. Try to be honest in your disdain for all things JB.

Agree he was tougher to deal with all around in the early years. This is not a matter of getting old and ornery. He was ornery in the plaid jacket. More so.

But I do think players at that time were more conditioned to accept that sort of treatment. These days? They question it more, and maybe that’s not a bad thing.

I agree, JB was rougher in his younger days. But the larger issue, is so were the kids. Just look at our culture and how so much of the newer parenting is psychobabble garb. If I ever came home from school and I knew my parents were going to get a call that my teacher sent me to the office because of disrespect, misbehaving, etc., I knew I was in big trouble. Today, parents will go to school and confront the teacher and/or school personnel of authority and claim my child could've never behaved in the manner you people are alleging. Many younger folks today, who have been parented in such a manner, simply struggle with any type of constructive criticism and or reprimand.

I've seen this psychologist, John Rosemond speak in Charlotte on a couple of occasions, as well as reading some of his books on this matter. It's very interesting.

Last edited:
Did anyone see the article in the Daily Orange with the following quote from Moyers folks?

Moyer’s mother said neither she nor his father wanted him to play at Syracuse out of high school.
Eh. Easily said after the fact. The JB - Moyer family relationship was likely shattered for good after ankle-gate.

No.
The 9 players we have are the roster next year. If we add one I would be beyond happy but I was told we aren’t looking to add.
Maybe your sources arent very good—or dont have the most current information.

Do you have any information that we are looking at anybody?

Does anybody have any information about what Jim Boeheim is doing and thinking now that this has happened?

This dude iommi is full of contradictions in this thread. He says he doesnt trash jb and staff but then says jb cant relate with kids and players dont like him. He says hes not an insider and only interpreting things based on watching the team but everyone knows he has moyers cell phone and got called out deservedly by jake.

Last edited:
Does anybody have any information about what Jim Boeheim is doing and thinking now that this has happened?

Here’s what he’s doing today.

D8D1EE82-265B-490E-932C-A062AC9E3205.jpeg

Watching Nova and hopefully picking Wright’s brain and/or implementing new potential sets.

Read Jake’s message about grad transfers he basically spelled out the info from the coaching staff.

I wIsh we'd go after a graduate forward, because I think next year could be special. However I don't know if our staff is thrilled with the results the past 2 years.
That’s a quitter’s attitude if you ask me. How can they not at least scope out mr porter?

That’s a quitter’s attitude if you ask me. How can they not at least scope out mr porter?

Mr Porter will want to go someplace where he can get pretty big minutes. Will he here? Who won’t play?

We have been a .500 team in conference play over JB's career?
We’re a .500 ACC team since we’ve joined. As successful as we were in the big east, that is ancient history from a different era so why is that relevant? Recruits don’t care about body of work. They care about the here and now, the trends, the whispers, and perceptions.

Mr Porter will want to go someplace where he can get pretty big minutes. Will he here? Who won’t play?
You’re saying they can’t find 30 minutes for porter given our lack of forward depth?

We’re a .500 ACC team since we’ve joined. As successful as we were in the big east, that is ancient history from a different era so why is that relevant? Recruits don’t care about body of work. They care about the here and now, the trends, the whispers, and perceptions.

and sometimes hookers, bags of money and other such fun things.

I read something about his minutes being limited because he’s diabetic. Seems worth kicking the tires at least.

It's not disrespect. It's not being able to relate to him. There's no connection there and it's getting worse in recent years as the age gap widens. Hop helped to bridge the gap and smooth the edges.

Sorry Vince. His behavior towards Roberson was more than disrespectful. It was dispicable. Period.

You’re saying they can’t find 30 minutes for porter given our lack of forward depth?

Ok. That leaves you 50 for Brisset and Dolezaj with a little Hughes. Give me your mpg for those guys. If Baz had stuck with us, someone, probably Dolezaj was only going to get 15 max and probably more like 10.

I say we go the HS project route or a foreign dude who won’t mind getting few minutes this year.

Ok. That leaves you 50 for Brisset and Dolezaj with a little Hughes. Give me your mpg for those guys. If Baz had stuck with us, someone, probably Dolezaj was only going to get 15 max and probably more like 10.

I say we go the HS project route or a foreign dude who won’t mind getting few minutes this year.
Yeah, it’ll be tough to get a grad transfer who can play. Arizona, Louisville, Pitt, and UConn all pretty much lost their recruiting classes and need starters.

That isn't what you said. You were responding to me saying that we wouldn't get another coach as good as JB. You said we can't find another coach whop can go .500 in conference play? That is saying that JB is a 500 coach in conference play. That is a lie. Don't play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom