2020 Army Navy Game | Syracusefan.com

2020 Army Navy Game

I’m in a precarious position with this game. My father was a submariner and I was born on a Naval base. I did seven years in the Army in the 1st Cavalry. I now work for the Navy fixing their shyte and training sailors.

Who to pick?????

Ya, right. Green Machine baby!

Go Army, beat Navy!

I did a year in Iraq as a contractor working on (US) Iraqi equipment. I made good friends with a bunch of Navy pilots that where there to oversee the foreign military sales programs. They draped this huge Go Navy, beat Army sign off the former Baath party HQ in downtown Baghdad. I went up on the roof in the middle of the night, being sure not to fall into the huge hole from a JDAM that was dropped on it in the beginning of the war. I cut that monstrous sign down. I caught hell from them the next day but it was worth it. They have been my drinking buddies ever since then when I’m in Norfolk. Good times.

Go Navy, beat Army. First time in 13 years I will not be able to attend. Darn COVID.

I get why they play the game in an NFL stadium but, for those of you who have never been, West Point is an absolutely stunningly beautiful campus.

I am from New York State and lived there for most of my first 30 plus years, I am ashamed at myself for never visiting West Point, I have always heard it is amazing. I went to the SU/Navy game in Annapolis in 1989, that was pretty awesome.

I am from New York State and lived there for most of my first 30 plus years, I am ashamed at myself for never visiting West Point, I have always heard it is amazing. I went to the SU/Navy game in Annapolis in 1989, that was pretty awesome.

Prior to 9/11, I used to ride my bike thru there occasionally (we lived across the river in Garrison), but after that it was closed to civilians for the most part.
It really is an amazing campus. So much history.

One time I was out w/ the dogs for a hike along the river on our side, and you could clearly hear the game going on in Michie stadium - they were playing (and losing to) Duke.

Only time I've been inside since then is about 5 years ago, our niece had her HS graduation ceremony there.

And we were late, due to the backup at the gate, so then my wife drove fast thru campus to get to where we needed to go, and got a speeding ticket. D'OH!!!

Prior to 9/11, I used to ride my bike thru there occasionally (we lived across the river in Garrison), but after that it was closed to civilians for the most part.

One time I was out w/ the dogs for a hike along the river on our side, and you could clearly hear the game going on in Michie stadium - they were playing (and losing to) Duke.

Only time I've been inside since then is about 5 years ago, our niece had her HS graduation ceremony there.

And we were late, due to the backup at the gate, so then my wife drove fast thru campus to get to where we needed to go, and got a speeding ticket. D'OH!!!
It is one of the few places in this country where one can "feel" the history...almost the way one can "feel" the history when walking through Rome...not quite the same order of magnitude but we are a much younger "country".

When we play, expect us to hire a boat to take us up the Hudson from Manhattan. I did this once before...lotta fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom