2021 Fall Camp Starts Friday August 6th | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Fall Camp Starts Friday August 6th

No speculation or finger pointing from me I just want to say I vote to have the word “Sharder” shadow banned from this site. That’s my only request or comment.
Someone is gonna let "Sharder" slip, and then say "No! I mean, uh... Jorts! Uh, I mean... oh I just made it worse, uh, uh..."

No speculation or finger pointing from me I just want to say I vote to have the word “Sharder” shadow banned from this site. That’s my only request or comment.
I think it should be used if he has a 3 TO game, but otherwise agree

All these dudes have NFL delusions. My wife works at Cortland and there are D3 guys who think it can happen for them.

I have no idea where he’ll end up on the depth chart. But I love the room
R-Kal Truluck. The dude was a monster when I was at Cortland. And had the best football name ever.

Had a good buddy who was recruited to C. State to play QB. He was damn good - one of the best athletes I've ever seen. In practice, he broke free on a QB bootleg and looked behind him and this giant DE was chasing him down with ease. It was at that point he decided "I love football but I'm never making the NFL and I don't feel like having monsters like this guy killing me each weekend."

He quit the next day, and R-Kal played in the NFL for more time than any D-3 player should.

Last edited:
So basically DB is not really saying either one won the competition. Forcing Ohio to prep for both. I feel this is what most people thought would happen. Both get opportunities and see which one leads the team and moves the ball.

Speaking of Abdul Adams, or perhaps I should say not speaking of him, what is the deal with this cat? 3 years ago or whatever he was the savior to be and flashed in the bowl game and now he is like persona non-grata.

Is he going to quietly surprisingly supplant Tucker as RB1, or relegated to RB4 never to be heard from again? What is his role? Not a mention during all of camp.

And yes I know he was a Covid quitter and had NFL tryout delusions.

covid quitter? Nice. And can you show me where adams (or Howard for that matter) said they were trying out for the nfl and thus leaving SU?

covid quitter? Nice. And can you show me where adams (or Howard for that matter) said they were trying out for the nfl and thus leaving SU?
I don’t agree with the post you were responding to and there are not direct quotes, but that the NFL story was out there. True or not I don’t know, but I personally doubt it and pretty sure it was confirmed not to be true for Howard.

By Matthew Gutierrez Sep 9, 2020
With the start of the 2020 season looming, Syracuse has learned it will be without its presumptive one-two punch in the backfield. Running backs Abdul Adams and Jarveon Howard, plus linebacker Tyrell Richards, will sit out the season, a source told The Athletic on Tuesday, joining defensive lineman Cooper Dawson on SU’s list of opt-outs. While Dawson isn’t playing due to the coronavirus pandemic, Adams, Howard and Richards have decided not to play for other reasons.

According to a person familiar with the situation, the running backs are sitting out so they can prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft. The news came as a surprise to those in the program, given that Adams and Howard tallied only 336 and 337 rushing yards, respectively, last season. Richards, meanwhile, is opting out in protest of police brutality and systemic racism, according to a person close to the team. Per ACC policy, players who opt out maintain their year of eligibility and remain on scholarship.

I don’t agree with the post you were responding to and there are not direct quotes, but that the NFL story was out there. True or not I don’t know, but I personally doubt it and pretty sure it was confirmed not to be true for Howard.

so it was a rumor. It’s not what happened. Never saw a player mention it or any word on any tryout or anything. They did not sit out to try out for the nfl.

Adams sighting.

Jatius Geer might crack the two deep.
Are you hearing good things about Geer? To me, he was the most intriguing prospect in the '21 class by far. Love to hear he might crack the 2 deep but over who? Caleb O?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom